cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback not left by buyers, Ask eBay to help fix

I would like eBay and the other eBay members who read this to ask eBay to Auto-Leave Positive feedback for items that sellers buy and have no complaints with after 30 days of delivery. I don't really sell a lot but out of 60 items sold I may get 15 Positive feedbacks left. I automatically leave positive feedback after buyers pay and also send message asking for feedback when item arrives when I print shipping label. I have done bulk messaging asking buyers to leave feedback  after I see item is delivered and may get another 2 of the 60 to respond. I believe it would help prospective buyers feel more comfortable buying if they see that all of your previous buyers had left Positive feedback. This would show how many items you actually sold and the amount of customers you had.  When future buyers check your feedback before a purchase they are looking at the feedback of only certain customers you sell to, not all.  If new buyers look at feedback compared to your sold items, mine would look like I sold 60 items and only had 15 happy customers who were willing to leave Positive Feedback and may think the other 45 were not happy and just didn't leave feedback.  I know there has to be many others small sellers who think this may help their sales. Thank you for reading

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Feedback not left by buyers, Ask eBay to help fix

eBay already has something that does the same thing that an automatic positive for the seller would do. An automatic positive for the seller would only mean that the seller sold the item and that the buyer was not dissatisfied enough to give neutral or negative feedback. A buyer can see that now. All the buyer needs to do is look at the difference between the seller's "feedback left" and "feedback received". Even though this is beneficial to the seller, some sellers choose to not use this feature.
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

eBay doesn't force sellers to leave fb, why should they force buyers to do so?  Asking for FB is a bad idea, and I've seen many sellers over the years have that practice bite them in the rear.  When DSR's mattered (and I honestly lose track of whether or not they do any more), the way eBay calculated things, any feedback not received was treated the same as 5 stars.

You are practically begging for fb (based on the messages you say you are sending).  Like others have said, ship your items and let the fb take care of itself.

Finally, you're reading way too much into it, thinking that prospective buyers will see how many items you have sold vs how many have left you fb.  I've never heard of anyone who did that, and I think that most people realize that if a buyer is not happy they will usually leave fb, but if they are happy they are less likely to.  So it's safe to assume that the buyers who didn't leave fb were indeed happy.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Transaction count doesn’t tell me what the seller does wrong. For instance I would never buy from a seller who misrepresents their items but I would happily buy from a seller who ships slow. I think feedback is still useful information for buyers that a simple count doesn’t show.

Sellers keep complaining about unfair feedback but honestly after shopping thousands of items a year, I rarely see feedback below 99.6. It is not as widespread as the posts here would indicate.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@jens-treasures wrote:

I would like eBay and the other eBay members who read this to ask eBay to Auto-Leave Positive feedback

If eBay were to leave positive buyer feedback, then it would not be positive buyer feedback.

It would merely be a transaction count.

IMHO calling that "positive buyer feedback" would be lying.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply