cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback not left by buyers, Ask eBay to help fix

I would like eBay and the other eBay members who read this to ask eBay to Auto-Leave Positive feedback for items that sellers buy and have no complaints with after 30 days of delivery. I don't really sell a lot but out of 60 items sold I may get 15 Positive feedbacks left. I automatically leave positive feedback after buyers pay and also send message asking for feedback when item arrives when I print shipping label. I have done bulk messaging asking buyers to leave feedback  after I see item is delivered and may get another 2 of the 60 to respond. I believe it would help prospective buyers feel more comfortable buying if they see that all of your previous buyers had left Positive feedback. This would show how many items you actually sold and the amount of customers you had.  When future buyers check your feedback before a purchase they are looking at the feedback of only certain customers you sell to, not all.  If new buyers look at feedback compared to your sold items, mine would look like I sold 60 items and only had 15 happy customers who were willing to leave Positive Feedback and may think the other 45 were not happy and just didn't leave feedback.  I know there has to be many others small sellers who think this may help their sales. Thank you for reading

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Asking buyers for feedback may lead to the wrong kind of feedback. Buyers knowing the system will automatically leave positive feedback will almost certainly lead to buyers who are less than happy to go ahead and neg the seller
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

You’re overthinking this. Many buyers don’t look at feedback at all, certainly not compare your feedback received vs how much you sold.

Very few buyers seem to even look beyond the percentage. I only look at details if the percentage is less than 100%. Even then I don’t really look at the feedback left by the buyer, I look at how the seller responded.

Stop pestering your buyers lest you get a feedback you don’t like in response.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

This whole subject is better left alone. It puts conditions on buyers.  Not knowing a buyer was pleased is much better than trying to force a moderately displeased buyer to either leave feedback or have eBay leave it for them. I don't work for self gratification or feedback, only for profit.  If you know that you have done everything possible to make a transaction go well, that should be enough!!!!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I want less 'automation' therefore more 'control' over what I do. No Feedback is sometimes feedback in itself. Either way, let's not add anymore 'automated' things here. 

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Feedback needs to go away. It served a purpose long ago when there was no buyer protection. Today, it's like the sport of fox tossing. Popular once but out of place now.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I totally disagree. Feedback is on the front line for buyer protection. How many threads do we see here where a buyer gets in trouble and the first question asks whether they checked the seller feedback? Why would I want to use buyer protection when I can avoid the problem in the first place? I buy over a thousand items a year. Can you imagine how many cases I might have to open? If eBay removed seller feedback I believe we would lose a lot of buyers.

Now buyer feedback on the other hand? That has jumped the shark.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

I want less 'automation' therefore more 'control' over what I do.

A-men to that! 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I think going to a simple transaction count might serve the purpose of informing the shopping public of one’s level of experience, without doctoring up feedback with automatic positives. Feedback still has a place, but it is far different today than its original purpose. 

Leaving automatic positives for sellers would further erode its value, as it would not be an authentic representation of the buyer’s thoughts. Just like feedback left for buyers is now essentially meaningless. As for asking for feedback, it is not a good idea. Feedback is an entirely voluntary program. Some buyers do not leave feedback as a deliberate choice. And that’s ok, it is their prerogative. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

What if ebay implemented an Automatic Feedback System that gave you a Negative if the buyer did not leave feedback, their assumption would be that the buyer was Unhappy . Ready for that?

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I usually leave feedback on my buying account for most transactions.
If I wasn't thrilled with the transaction, I don't always leave feedback.
So, I don't want eBay leaving a positive for me if I didn't do it.
I didn't leave positive feedback for a reason, but didn't feel strongly enough about it to leave a neutral or negative and I want it left that way.
We're here to sell our widgets, not feedback.
If you get a sale, get paid and shipped, you've done your job.
On to the next 🙂
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I'm guessing you haven't received a negative.  Once you do, asking for feedback won't enter your mind again. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Whether they're happy, unhappy or just neutral people leave FB only about 35% of the time internet wide.  It needs to be just left voluntary and that's it. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Nice idea, That would be a positive "thank you" gesture from the venue to the sellers,

In the light of the diminishing profits and the corona virus, eBay can come up with a new "Promoted Feedback Score" program which will enroll sellers willing to pay, in an auto positive feedback placement promotion for a fee of only $0.99 per positive feedback.
the new program will enable new sellers to pay for visible measurable credibility tool (on top of buying search placement in promoted listings)

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@flyingmvp wrote:

Nice idea, That would be a positive "thank you" gesture from the venue to the sellers,

In the light of the diminishing profits and the corona virus, eBay can come up with a new "Promoted Feedback Score" program which will enroll sellers willing to pay, in an auto positive feedback placement promotion for a fee of only $0.99 per positive feedback.
the new program will enable new sellers to pay for visible measurable credibility tool (on top of buying search placement in promoted listings)

Shhhhhhh, not so loud!   One might almost think you feel ebay needs ideas for increasing revenue without sales.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 15 of 19
latest reply