cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fantastic new glitch or working the way we want?

Buyer "purchases" item, doesn't pay, UPI opens, I close UPI get FVF back, buyer immediately opens case for not arrived yet?

How is this even possible?

Overseas CSR is zero help like I assumed.

My three options are:

• Send a message to the buyer
  • Add tracking details
    Adding tracking can help reassure the buyer that the item is on its way
  • Refund the buyer
    You can refund the buyer to close this request now

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

He shouldn’t have to call eBay. The app and website as a whole are just a disaster. I’m getting quite sick of it personally. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

4th option - call ebay and point out the closed UPI dispute.
Message 2 of 45
latest reply

He shouldn’t have to call eBay. The app and website as a whole are just a disaster. I’m getting quite sick of it personally. 

Message 3 of 45
latest reply

So what would you have him do? Nothing? Is that your suggestion?

I do note the OP has already contacted customer service and did not receive a satisfactory result.

Message 4 of 45
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

@Anonymous 

Paging ebay employees for you.

Message 5 of 45
latest reply

Must be that the regular 'bots are on vacation and they have some temps in there.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 45
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@monster-deals wrote:

Buyer "purchases" item, doesn't pay, UPI opens, I close UPI get FVF back, buyer immediately opens case for not arrived yet?

My three options are:

• Add tracking details
  • Refund the buyer

Hi @monster-deals, I can refer you to a recent discussion on this situation here for more details. To summarize, since payment cannot always be recognized by our system, a buyer is able to open a request to communicate concerns with you but this would have no impact on your selling account and eBay cannot be asked to step in on the request because the buyer is not eligible for protection when there is no recorded payment. 

I recommend you message the buyer to clarify to them that they did not successfully pay for the item. Again, this is not something that will have any negative impact on you at all, and the request is purely for communication purposes.

Message 7 of 45
latest reply

Don't forget, to add buyer into your blocked buyer list

Message 8 of 45
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@monster-deals wrote:

My three options are:

• Add tracking details
  • Refund the buyer

Hi @monster-deals, I can refer you to a recent discussion on this situation here for more details. To summarize, since payment cannot always be recognized by our system, a buyer is able to open a request to communicate concerns with you but this would have no impact on your selling account and eBay cannot be asked to step in on the request because the buyer is not eligible for protection when there is no recorded payment. 

I recommend you message the buyer to clarify to them that they did not successfully pay for the item. Again, this is not something that will have any negative impact on you at all, and the request is purely for communication purposes.

"To summarize, since payment cannot always be recognized by our system,"

So a UPI cannot always be recognized, either? Everytime I pay for something- and I have paid for tens of thousands of things- eBay sends me a congratulatory email. If eBay cannot always recognize a payment, eBay programmers should be given the busywork, not the seller.

"a buyer is able to open a request to communicate concerns "

Why can't a non- payer "buyer" just send an eBay message to communicate concerns? Us buyers that PAY do that...

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 9 of 45
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@monster-deals wrote:

My three options are:

• Add tracking details
  • Refund the buyer

Hello Trinton,

I understand that ebay can't be asked to step in because there hasn't been a payment, but what if the sellers gets the ebay message, that has the part I bolded in red, and refunds - perhaps thinking there had been a payment?

Will ebay then step in to help the seller?

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 45
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@monster-deals wrote:

My three options are:

• Add tracking details
  • Refund the buyer

Last I knew all INR cases count against your service metrics.  Granted not as bad of a result as NAD cases I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 11 of 45
latest reply

@gracieallen01 

A sensible person would always checked to see if payment was actually made before doing anything. If payment was made there would not be a reason to refund because you would ship the item.

Message 12 of 45
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@gracieallen01 

A sensible person would always checked to see if payment was actually made before doing anything. If payment was made there would not be a reason to refund because you would ship the item.

@coolections 

This is quite true, and I agree completely.  Tell me, though.  How many sellers (out of millions? on ebay) come to the forums, worrying about having done something wrong by not doing something that is stated as a choice in an ebay message?  Anything from not following the suggestion for ebay pricing to, well, getting a message that includes 'this case can be closed by refunding' types of messages?

One size fits all does work, sometimes.  But, sometimes it is prudent to have an accurate message for a particular situation.

Message 13 of 45
latest reply

@bar-29368 wrote:
4th option - call ebay and point out the closed UPI dispute.

Done previously and ended up not being an option.

So glorious, this is indeed a "feature that is working like we intended" for everyone but those that it affects.

All sellers just love having to wait on hold to be told this feature is so a non paying buyer can continue to message you.

Message 14 of 45
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@monster-deals wrote:

My three options are:

• Add tracking details
  • Refund the buyer

"To summarize, since payment cannot always be recognized by our system,"

So a UPI cannot always be recognized, either? Everytime I pay for something- and I have paid for tens of thousands of things- eBay sends me a congratulatory email. If eBay cannot always recognize a payment, eBay programmers should be given the busywork, not the seller.

"a buyer is able to open a request to communicate concerns "

Why can't a non- payer "buyer" just send an eBay message to communicate concerns? Us buyers that PAY do that...

Hi @gramophone-georg, allow me to walk you through a potential scenario; you are a buyer who pays for an item on eBay. An error occurs and your payment is not recorded, but the money has come out of your bank account, so you have no idea there has been an issue, and have no reason to log back into eBay before your order arrives, and have no idea that an unpaid item case has been opened an closed.

You are expecting your package on the 15th. This date passes, and you have not received your item. You log into eBay and message the seller about not receiving your item. This opens an item not received request automatically. If your seller responds to the request, they could explain that no payment was recorded and you could let them know that payment was taken from your bank. If they don't respond, you may end up filing a charge back to get your payment back, which will also place additional fees upon the seller. 

I hope that this example clarifies to you and everyone in this thread why a) the process we have in place is reasonable, b) a request is in no way whatsoever a sign of fraudulent behavior on the buyer's part, and c) that the appropriate response to a request related to an unpaid item is to provide basic customer service.

Message 15 of 45
latest reply