cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEE charged for updating Title and Description of an existing listing

I have noticed that I am being charged a listing fee when I edit my listings, Does anyone know what 's happening. I thought my monthly account charge was high for this month without hardly any sales.

0161mike64.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: FEE charged for updating Title and Description of an existing listing

@mikerogerson.64 wrote:

I have noticed that I am being charged a listing fee when I edit my listings, Does anyone know what 's happening. I thought my monthly account charge was high for this month without hardly any sales.

0161mike64.

There are others who have complained about the same thing. Supposedly a glitch where it shows an extra charge, but not a charge on the actual invoice.

I havn't experienced this. I edit my listings all the time and have never been charged an extra fee, but I have up to 1000 free listings per month and use about 850, so maybe that is why, the relisted listings are being counted against my free 1000.

Hope u can find the answer on some of the other posts regarding your experience 😞

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I'm having the same problem and don't know why and haven't had the time to see what eBay says about this, any help is appreciated as this is SO time consuming.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@jun-harte wrote:
I'm having the same problem and don't know why and haven't had the time to see what eBay says about this, any help is appreciated as this is SO time consuming.

Look up some of the other posts where others have complained about the same issue. Put keywords into the search box, such as: fees being charged for updates, relists fee, etc

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I was assured that they (eBay) aren't seeing those on the back end, but I don't believe it since they are calling it a "relisting" fee on an already exiting listing. How would we know if its the original listing fee, or the "relisting" fee for revising?

@Anonymous?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I noticed this today when I was doing a revise on my listings too, hope this is just a glitch.  Sometimes it happened and sometimes it didn't happen.  

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@mikerogerson.64 wrote:

0161mike64.

Hi @mikerogerson.64, as others have stated in this thread, this is a known 'cosmetic' issue. While an insertion fee is being displayed during the revision process, one isn't accrued upon completion of the revision.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

This has been going on for well over a month any idea as to when a fix might be implimented or just stick with closely monitor our ebay invoice and call ebay CS when charges are noted and argue about charges being made?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

This has been going on for well over a month any idea as to when a fix might be implimented or just stick with closely monitor our ebay invoice and call ebay CS when charges are noted and argue about charges being made?

Should be a simple fix, just update the production repository with the fixed code from when this happened 4 months ago.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

It is highly doubtful that they will fix it because it's most likely is way too complicated for their low paid inexperienced 3rd world and lowest bidder code writing contractors to fix.

Last week they sent out emails about the new store pricing and got it wrong and they never sent any new emails with the correct pricing because it was just way to hard for all the groups of people involved with writing that email to figure out how to fix it so they just gave up.  

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I used to being Sgt. Schultz when asking any questions concern ebay bidness you'd think I'd know better by now...

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Checked , and you are right thanks for your input, problem solved.
0161mike64
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Yep, it is a cosmetic issue - until it isn't.

It is really quite amusing.  It is there for no reason, what-so-ever.  It is like it is something that 'just happened' one day - out of the blue!    Some third party developer just decided to put in the work to make it happen and then just plugged it in.  Maybe just some hobbist experiment saying, 'what if we did THIS?' 

Yep, things like this happen ALL-THE-TIME.  Smiley Surprised

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Called CS and guy said it's a glitch they're working on and we're not actually charged. Did a test: Revised a few listings in the morn, then later in the afternoon checked my current fees and found none pertaining to the revised listings.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply