cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay turned off PayPal as a former payment on both of my TRS accounts - no warning at all

Please check your accounts if sales are slow. They hav been the worst ever for me.

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: Ebay turned off PayPal as a former payment on both of my TRS accounts - no warning at all

This situation is not affecting anyone's sales. Sales are slow right now across the net. Amazon just aquired Whole Foods as their grocery sales have fallen. By buying Whole Foods they can now offer a delivery service.

Some of you complaining of no sales are exaggerating as we can see you listings and your sold - over the weekend. Others complaining of no slaes in 7-10 days - again we can check your solds and many of you have a pattern of no sales for an extened period of time in the previous 90 days. I may have to do with your placement in search depending when you lists your items. Remember - you have the highest visibility when you first list and again a few days before the listing ends.

There are glitches on Ebay that affect sals - but this isn't one of them.

Message 61 of 86
latest reply

Re: Ebay turned off PayPal as a former payment on both of my TRS accounts - no warning at all

I do think something is going on.  I had 25 sales in June up until the 11th.  Since then nothing.  Why would Amazon aquiring Whole Foods effect sales on ebay? Personally I don't sell food.

Message 62 of 86
latest reply

Something is going on, eBay is screwed up bad, from bad coding and programming to bad planning by management, bad decisions by management going back to the days of Donahoe, it is just catching up with eBay now !!!

From bad search, bad listing forms, bad user preference interfaces, bad everything.

Message 63 of 86
latest reply

@cal_w62 wrote:

We still don't really know for sure why this is happening or why eBay does not have this set by default to accept PayPal since that is the only form of payment they allow in the first place, why they have left these settings the way they have giving sellers a choice in the first place is beyond sound logic.

We don't know if the new listing forms are changing the settings in preferences when you check the PayPal box there, we don't know why we have to check immediate payment required each time in the listing form.

eBay has made a mess out of eBay, that is a fact.

If you have your own Merchant Account you do not have to accept PayPal or show it as a payment method in your listings.  I see a particular seller who only accepts Discover and Local Pickup and most of his buyers pay with check or money order as noted in the feedback he leaves his buyers.

Now if you want Immediate Payment Required then I believe PayPal is the only payment method you can choose.

Message 64 of 86
latest reply

If that is the case then PayPal should be checked by default unless the merchant box is checked, face it, eBay is royally screwed up, every seller knows this to be a fact.

Message 65 of 86
latest reply

Has anyone had any sales since checking the paypal box to "yes"?

Message 66 of 86
latest reply

I have read in other threads, that trinton and heidi can give us some insight to this subject. How can we get in touch with them?

Message 67 of 86
latest reply

Don't worry, they will try to answer soon, but how can they change such a flawed system, eBay is clunky and needs to be rebuilt, that seller preferences interface is an abomination and is outdated.

Message 68 of 86
latest reply

@Anonymous

@Anonymous

Message 69 of 86
latest reply

Thank you
Message 70 of 86
latest reply

@gigi7882 wrote:

I do think something is going on.  I had 25 sales in June up until the 11th.  Since then nothing.  Why would Amazon aquiring Whole Foods effect sales on ebay? Personally I don't sell food.

My ex. was that sales are slow all over the net. Amazon purchased Whole Foods because their grocery sales are down. It has nothing to do with your Ebay sales - except as an example that sales are down elsewhere.

Again - your sales being down may mean your visibility is reduced because your items were listed a week or 2 ago and they no longer are at the top of search - but on pg 2,3,4,100 depending on what you sell. Buyers don't usually go thru pages of products but search by lowest to highest or newly listed. We all have down periods. Add to that the slow down now that the weather is nicer - people are out in their pools, gardening, getting ready for graduations, vacations ect...

Message 71 of 86
latest reply

If it's so bad - why have 5 accts here then - try elsewhere if your products isn't selling. Ebay has it's faults but many of the problems some of you experience are do to what you sell, how you format your listings - and plain old - you don't look at the amt of items that are listed and your competition.

Continuing to lambaste Ebay for all your problems - get you no where - take the suggestions offered and work on your listings - or change course and see what is selling in the summertime.

Message 72 of 86
latest reply

Did I miss it?  Did Alan, Heidi or Trinton post anything about this matter yet??

Message 73 of 86
latest reply

@wendybac wrote:

Did I miss it?  Did Alan, Heidi or Trinton post anything about this matter yet??

Nope - and they were invoked last night also by another poster.

@wendybac wrote:

Not as I am aware yet. I hope soon - this seems to be affecting a lot of sellers.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 75 of 86
latest reply