cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay turned off PayPal as a former payment on both of my TRS accounts - no warning at all

Please check your accounts if sales are slow. They hav been the worst ever for me.

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Ebay turned off PayPal as a former payment on both of my TRS accounts - no warning at all

Another seller said the same thing this morning, wonder if eBay is going to add this to the list of unsolved mysteries they have saddled sellers with along with the no print shipping labels and the eBay automated removal of listings they still have not provided answers for. 

Message 2 of 86
latest reply

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sellers-if-no-sales-Go-check-your-site-preferences-My-were/m-p/...

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 86
latest reply

At least 3 accounts showed this as seen in photo

Message 4 of 86
latest reply

Very peculiar indeed!  I haven't had any sales in a week, so after reading this thread, I checked my account preferences, and sure enough!  Same thing, Paypal turned off as form of payment!  Well, a glitch that didn't serve anyone well; Ebay, sellers and buyers!  :-(((

Message 5 of 86
latest reply

Why should it matter, that should be on by default anyway, we can't take any other payments in the first place other than merchant cards right ?

This adds to the legacy of this management team along with the blank shipping labels, mass deletion of listings using automation of paying store owners !!!!

Message 6 of 86
latest reply

There needs to be an internal email announcement for all sellers to update their seller prefernces, communication preferences, etc.  A dozen or more changes to each aspect of s3lling here created such chaos, that the ship will take forever to be righted.  What a drag.   Basically it would serve everyone well to just start over from scratch and try to catch their glitches as they arise...but it is such a mind-boggling  chore sifting thru page after page of settings. Ugh.  

Message 7 of 86
latest reply

The question is why would they ever be turned off or why would any seller have the option to turn off PayPal when that is the only way we get paid when orders are shipped out ?

Message 8 of 86
latest reply

When was the after-separation-agreement supposed to end?

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 9 of 86
latest reply

It's never going to end because the same pool of shareholders control both companies.

Message 10 of 86
latest reply

There is supposed to be a change sometime after they separated. No longer mandatory, but still optional.

Message 11 of 86
latest reply

I agree, but a very few categories do allow different types of payments, as well as merchant process credit card sales not thru paypal. 

Message 12 of 86
latest reply

Embarrassing and shameful, but please don't bad mouth eBay on this forum !!!

See this, this seller is blaming eBay !!!

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Ebay-sales-slow-dropped-since-Jan-2017/m-p/27110571#M984557

Message 13 of 86
latest reply

I was gonna say what you talkin' 'bout, Willis?  But that link.  Haha, well....anything seems plausible after what's transpired here over the past month or so.  

Message 14 of 86
latest reply

Well, I guess that leaves USPS money orders .... which I have never refused accepting.