cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay scammer Has scammed 468 people how is this possible?

There is a a scammer that has scammed peopel 468 times. They have left bad feedback or a negatitve for every item almost .How is this person still allowed on ebay?

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Ebay scammer Has scammed 468 people how is this possible?

@dhbookds wrote:

Trinton pointed out on another thread like this.......that we are only seeing the feedback the buyer left........they may have 1000's of purchases that went fine that they didn't leave feedback for........

He may point that out, but how many other buyers buy 1000's of items and rarely if ever leave bad feedback for a seller?  It is the sheer number of bad feedbacks that spells scammer to a wise seller.  Would any seller want to see a buyer with that record looking at their merchandise?

I believe that is the biggest reason ebay made buyer feedback anonymous.

(*Bleep*)
Message 16 of 48
latest reply

The reason they made buyer feedback anonymous is because of the stalking that was taking place from sellers who are angry at a buyer and buyers who didn't win the object they desired.
Message 17 of 48
latest reply

There are at least 62,984,825 people in this country proven to be vulnerable to the schemes of a con artist.

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

I found the buyer that the OP is talking about. And yes, you are correct OP. Granted not all of them are negative feedbacks the buyer left, but they left a bunch of negatives and soooooo many false positives saying they didn't get the item or refund. There's no way USPS can mess up at such a high volume and percentage for any valid address within the US... Yes it shows the buyer is in the US.

I would definitely proceed with caution with this buyer. I notice though they used to leave a few normal positive feedbacks for about 2 months up until a year ago. Since then 99% of the feedbacks left are negative or false positives. Scary

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

Bulk of their purchases are from sellers in China though. That may have something to do with it.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

I had a buyer in eastern Europe a year ago like this.  I refunded her and blocked her immediately because she was obviously a scammer that just claimed she never got her items. About 3 months later my sister had an issue with a buyer from eastern europe, I asked her the name and guess what? Same person.

I think there's only a handful of dirtbags out there and I find it amazing that they never seem to get kicked off ebay as long as they're buyers and not sellers. It would be nice if sellers could share a blacklist of blocked buyers to save us future headaches- I'm guessing ebay wouldn't allow such a thing.

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

@matt266 wrote:

Hi everyone . Thanks for reply .  How can i send a message  to them .As whenever i try to send a message to anyone fro mebay i get you cant send a message. Id be glad to or maybe they could message me .As many dont allow a common person  to send them any.

I just cant believe a person could do this so much and never be caught.

alan@ebay

This OP would like to contact you, so I thought a page to this thread would help.  Hope this is ok, and thank you so for your response in advance.  You are appreciated for all you do!

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

This buyer has made ebay at least 468 sales.  That is all ebay is really going to see.  And last I looked, ebay isn't handing out top rated buyer badges.

(*Bleep*)
Message 23 of 48
latest reply

Hi all . The Buyer scammer also keeps contacting me threatning . I called ebay and report but as of now they are still scamming people .

Also i notice in the feedback people are sayign this person is tryign to extort extra money on their returns .  I feel so bad for all the sellers that have to deal with this . This person is obviously warped and cares nothing about anything but scamming . Most likely they are stealling the items they buy and selling them here on anoter account or elsewhere . 

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @matt266,

I've sent you a PM. Please reply back to me and we'll investigate the account. 

Thanks!

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

@matt266 wrote:

Hi all . The Buyer scammer also keeps contacting me threatning . I called ebay and report but as of now they are still scamming people .

Also i notice in the feedback people are sayign this person is tryign to extort extra money on their returns .  I feel so bad for all the sellers that have to deal with this . This person is obviously warped and cares nothing about anything but scamming . Most likely they are stealling the items they buy and selling them here on anoter account or elsewhere . 

Yea I actually had my concierge agent on the phone about something else and I brought this up to their attention as well. The feedback activity also surprised the agent. I told them there is no way for me to know the legitimacy of any of this and I'm not asking for them to tell me if it is. I just asked them to monitor the buyer for any patterns of prohibited behavior. Hopefully they'll look into it too.

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

@matt266 wrote:

There is a a scammer that has scammed peopel 468 times. They have left bad feedback or a negatitve for every item almost .How is this person still allowed on ebay?

Wow.  I sure hope I'm not the 469th.  After the first 100 or so, eBay should have (IMO) taken action to protect their sellers.  Very sad. 

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

Here is the latest threat they send me 1 or 2 threats a day cause i blocked them .

I reported you to eBay and I m going to put your eBay name on eBay reviews to let people know how you treat buyers for absolutely no reason at all because like I said put yourself in my shoes how would you feel? Honestly if I was in charge of eBay I would have kicked you off of here because I didn t deserve how you treated me at all!

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

What should be done .Is this persons credit card should be charged for all the items they scammed and given to each buyer they scammed back. And a police  report filed .Along with reports to payapl etc. They should lose thier privleges  due to their criminal behavior. That would put a dent in alot of this .

Message 30 of 48
latest reply