cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay payouts

Its just simply amazing. Ebay takes away PayPal from us so that they can make the money on the payouts now they offer us the option to have it sent to or bank atm card but of course for a extra 1.5 percent. Absolutely ridiculous there not charging us enough. Heaven for bid you give a dam about the seller that make you your dam money and stop sticking it to us ever chance you get.    

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Ebay payouts

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

With the eBay MP "instant" the transfer is from "available" funds.

I was thinking more about Paypal, but instant pay from available funds would still involve an accounting process if not indemnity.  I can't get instant payouts from Mercari without paying $2 for it (and waiting 3 days if the buyer isn't a quick rater), nor from Posh (at all), and transfer is 2-3 days after release of funds there. 

ETA:  I'm not saying it's great, I'm just saying there's a reason they charge fees (i.e., nothing in life being free).

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 31 of 46
latest reply

@harrykal1 wrote:

Well no you don't care you don't sell enough that it matter's. If you sold enough it would be nice to access your money not ever 3 to 5 days. What I'm getting at is to transfer it to a debt care should not be a extra charge. We pay enough

If your payouts are taking 3 - 5 days to reach your bank you should be looking for a new bank.

My payouts arrive in my bank the same day,  within 8 hours of the notification email from eBay, no need to pay anything extra, has been that way on every payout for the past two years.

The processing time has also been reduced to the point that a sale today before about 3:00pm will be in my bank within 26 hours. The only time it's any different is for Sales made on Friday or Saturday and some oddball International transactions.

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

@iamonourside wrote:

OP, I'm with you. That eBay can only get our money to us immediately by setting up a system that imposes a fee is outrageous.

I'm not going to "buy" in to it.  I am still unhappy with the slower payouts under eBay managed payments, but I'm used to it enough not to pay eBay one more dime for any reason.

To other posters, this is fair criticism. eBay sold managed payments on less cost, not on "equal" cost.

By your responses, sad to see you are still ganging up on any poster that criticizes managed payments. Using the same tactic: We must not understand how the money works.  Then belittling how we critics are worrying about "little things" that are far beneath the worry of the rest of you.

Nope. I do understand. I don't like much eBay does.  They are not an ethical organization. That you don't understand how we critics could care about a 1.5 percent charge for easy access to our own money is on you.

Now, please, skip the next step, don't hit me up in the normal "wounded" rebuttal phase where one of you express how offended you are that I criticized a community volunteer. Get over it.

Lol. PayPal never offered instant payments for free. Depending on people’s financial institutions, it took between a few hours and a few days.

PayPal also didn’t process payments faster than Adyen, they fronted the cash while the buyer’s payment was processing. That opened sellers up to having to reimburse PayPal if a buyer’s payment failed. 

No one is defending MP for the sake of defending MP. But if you’re going to criticize something, at least make sure you get you facts straights.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 33 of 46
latest reply

"You don't even need to chime in. You selling nothing so you have no clue whats going on."

All this time here and you are not familiar with posting id's? 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 34 of 46
latest reply

@harrykal1 wrote:

No its not a trivial thing. If your selling a good amount weekly and needing your money to buy inventory every week it would be nice to get access to your funds and not every 3 to 5 days. 

Oh please, in the real world of business it is quite common to wait a few days to get your money from processors.  Sell wholesale and you wait 30 days from approved accounts.  Sell to the government and expect to wait 60 days.  If you don't have enough retained earnings to finance your inventory purchases for a few days then your margins are too low.  But since you sell used goods, as do I, I suspect your margins are quite healthy and you should easily be able to cover your new inventory purchases.  Personally, I just receive payouts once a week.  But I learned decades ago to retain earnings to cover foreseeable expenses and also unforeseen emergency expenses.  

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

I have to agree. With the 12.9% we paid combined to PP and Ebay....and my PP debit card, we had our money INSTANTLY!!  5 minutes after receiving the money in my PP account, I could buy groceries, etc. 
Now you wait 3 days for MP's. The "new and improved" Ebay. Sneer. And the fee to access our money (like we could with PP) is now 14.4%??? 
And other sellers tell us how much better off we are?? Or attack the messenger when this gets pointed out?
Hilarious...

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

The contract between eBay and PayPal expired and it was PayPal that did not want to renew it. In 2018 PayPal's CEO Dan Schulman told Wall Street analysts why he chose not to extend the existing Operating Agreement. 

Message 37 of 46
latest reply

"Lol. PayPal never offered instant payments for free. Depending on people’s financial institutions, it took between a few hours and a few days."
Since when?? Because most of us were smart enough to have a PP debit card. Which I could use at Wal-Mart.
And THEN, take cash out at the checkout. The ONLY way you "waited" is if you transferred money from PP to your own bank. Which I NEVER had a need to do. So you just keep telling how great it is to get our "instant" cash at 14.4%.
And I'll laugh....

Message 38 of 46
latest reply

eBay didn't "take Paypal away from us" (Paypal isn't candy and we're not babies LOL) - the two companies split (eBay tried to prevent it) years ago.

Actually it was eBay that drove the split/divesture from PayPal.  One of eBay's major shareholders, Carl Icahn waqed a campaign for the split. While eBay's management a corporate board initially resisted it they decided to proceed with the split about a year later. What is ironic is while the split took place eBay did not pull the financial processing in house they simply contracted out with another service provider, Adyen, to handle the financial processing and then took on the role of distributing the funds to the sellers. There have been both pro's and con's to this but it is what it is.  

If we still had Paypal, we would be paying more in fees than we do now as they raised their rates.  As it is, rates are roughly similar.

Like everything else costs are going up and PayPal is simply passing the costs along to the customers. I am quite sure Adyen does not handle the financial processing for free but nobody has any idea what Adyen is charging eBay, maybe Adyen wants more. 

You can get daily payouts (I get weekly payouts).

ETA: eBay as late on board with managed payments - most of the busier marketplaces manage their own payments now.  A lot do just wonder how many regret that decision given all the changes in tax laws over the last several years. The burden, and cost, of doing that has no doubt increased considerably. 

Message 39 of 46
latest reply

14.4% you say. 

In 2012 eBay fees were 10% and PayPal charged 2.9% plus .30. (12.9% plus .30 to sell on eBay.

In 2022 eBay fees are 12.9%  plus .30 for most categories. Add 1.5% to get it instant and it is 14.4%, however that is only a 1.5% increase in fees over 10 years.  And you're complaining how expensive it is now? 

But now PayPal charges 3.49%, or 1.49% more, and their transaction fee is .49. Chew on that for awhile.

I just wish people would stop complaining about fees. They are what they are. Nobody is making you stay and pay.

Message 40 of 46
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I got 3 payouts this week. I paid no extra fee for that to happen.

Was it instant like PP?  No.

And PayPal isn't instant if you want the money in your bank account. If you want it in your bank account instantly, you also need to pay 1.5%. Otherwise, you have to wait for it to be transferred.

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

An amazing amount of time and energy seems to go into all these threads complaining about various fees, various tool changes, various 'sponsorship' percentages. 

Bottom line- none of this is EVER changing. 

Learn to 'roll' with the changes or be done. 

Blockbuster, Sears, Kmart, Toys R Us etc. didn't know HOW to roll with the changes. 

Best Buy did. 

Figure it out. Spending time complaining about 'what is' does nothing but take up your time to figure out how to make the 'new thing' work. 

Raise prices and get your money faster if need be. Take less if you can't raise your prices. Either way...Complaining about it does nothing and will NEVER do ANYTHING to change it. 

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I got 3 payouts this week. I paid no extra fee for that to happen.

Was it instant like PP?  No.

And PayPal isn't instant if you want the money in your bank account. If you want it in your bank account instantly, you also need to pay 1.5%. Otherwise, you have to wait for it to be transferred.

Agreed and I think this is where people a mixing different aspects of the financial processing. With PayPal the funds were "available" immediately where as with MP they are not, PayPal basically fronted the money. PayPal, as you noted, does charge for an instant transfer to your bank account as do most third party financial processors. 

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

Correct, not instant to the bank account.

Just instant to be used to buy something with the funds in PP.

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

@iamonourside 

"OP, I'm with you. That eBay can only get our money to us immediately by setting up a system that imposes a fee is outrageous."  Why?  Paypal charged the same fee for those that wanted an instant transfer to their checking account.  So it isn't outrageous when PP does it, but it is when Ebay does???

"... sad to see you are still ganging up on any poster that criticizes managed payments."  That isn't it at all.  Just as your statement above was not entirely correct, so are others, so further explanation is necessary.  That isn't "ganging up" on anyone.  It is an effort to try and make sure the correct information is out there.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 45 of 46
latest reply