cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

Since Ebay removed Paypal, I have made no sales for a whole month! It is as if buyers have left Ebay because they do not want to wait 4 days just for the money that they pay for an item to be received by a seller before the seller ships their item. I am sure that buyers also feel repelled by Ebay because they suspect that Ebay is flipping the money its sellers make by holding on to the money that its sellers make for four days. Personally, if I was a buyer on Ebay, I would not want to wait 4 days just for the money that I pay for an item on Ebay to be received by a seller and I would shop on another site that does not do so. I also have read reports that say that Ebay sellers have to pay out of their bank account funds to ship the items they sell while waiting for 4 days to get paid the money they make for selling such items on Ebay, which I am not doing! I am supposed to be paid instantly for sales that I make on Ebay. I have been an Ebay seller since 2006, and I have always paid my Ebay seller fees right after my items sell, I know many other sellers did too, and this is the thanks we get? Ebay removing Paypal is not right, it is ridiculous and uncalled for, and unnecessary! I want my money! Give us our businesses back Ebay! Bring back Paypal, for making Ebay sellers use their bank account as a way to receive payments for their sales is not working, and quit making corrupt changes! 

Message 1 of 248
latest reply
247 REPLIES 247

Re: Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

Thank you, I do appreciate your response.  What you show/circled on your response is not on any of my listings.  The choices have been added but still has Paypal as a choice on there...nothing about being managed by Ebay.

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 76 of 248
latest reply

Correct, the buyers are able to purchase my items by choosing "paypal' to do so.  I also have not given any written permission until I sign up and give my bank information.

Bottom line - I have until June 11th to enter my bank information so why you keep arguing about it I don't know.  

Do you work for Ebay?   I see you're not located in the USA where I am, and you have no listings. 

As I said, if Ebay doesn't want me to sell anything until I sign into their newest program, then they can tell me so.  Otherwise, I have not said they could withhold my money from the items I've sold.  Until then I'm not going to keep going back and forth since I don't know you.

Thank you.

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 77 of 248
latest reply

Good grief, confusion reigns with you..you are in Managed Payments,the PP flag simply means buyers can still pay with PP.As far as a poster not having any listings, are you not familiar either with a posting id? And you dont get to tell Ebay they cant withhold your money...you will not get paid until you supply your ss# and your banking information.No matter what a csr tells you, like you, they hand out lots of misinformation.

bonjourami_0-1621859992603.png

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 78 of 248
latest reply

I have to open a new ebay seller account because of a family death and  everything was in his name. 20 year seller. I lose all my great feedback. I don't like the look of the new my ebay page either... I just noticed I will probably be thrown in that MP too.. Wondering if I should even come back?  hey folks , I remember when ebay was a great company..   even expect opening a new account will be a disaster..

Message 79 of 248
latest reply

Because eBay has switched you over to MP  and you need to add the info they are asking for so you can get paid. You are not being paid through PayPal anymore.

Message 80 of 248
latest reply

@714gorilla wrote:

Correct, the buyers are able to purchase my items by choosing "paypal' to do so.  I also have not given any written permission until I sign up and give my bank information.

Bottom line - I have until June 11th to enter my bank information so why you keep arguing about it I don't know.  

Do you work for Ebay?   I see you're not located in the USA where I am, and you have no listings. 

As I said, if Ebay doesn't want me to sell anything until I sign into their newest program, then they can tell me so.  Otherwise, I have not said they could withhold my money from the items I've sold.  Until then I'm not going to keep going back and forth since I don't know you.

Thank you.

Fair enough, I don't know you either so I understand. I do however know Managed Payments having been on them for over 12 months, but it is fine for you to just wait until you get your money. Not sure how you will get it before you register your account, but that is 100% your choice.

Good luck to you 😊

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 81 of 248
latest reply

General reply:

Some of you have your heads screwed on backwards or sideways.

Buyers can still use PayPal.

Buyers actually have MORE payment options now.

eBay DOESN'T get "all the fees now", they still use a 3rd party processor.

Haunted items are fake, at least in the OPs case. If they were real, they'd use one to increase sales. So, if your items actually appealed to people, they would sell.

Many whining over low sales are selling the same crud I can get at any thrift store or garage sale for far less. Some stuff just doesn't lend itself to online sales.

Yeah, sales were amazing last year, but that was because people couldn't go to yard sales, with the vaccine and lessening virus cases, people can shop in person.

Some of y'all are wanting Rodeo Drive prices for dumpster dived stuff.

Stop blaming everyone else and reevaluate your business plan, get rid of old crud that hasn't sold, and get some fresh merchandise, no one wants your grannies 80 year old chipped up china set.

Message 82 of 248
latest reply

@714gorilla wrote:

Thank you.

Why are all this persons posts blank?

Message 83 of 248
latest reply

@714gorilla wrote:

Yes, I did look at my listings.  It also says Paypal.  So if someone pays through Paypal it still goes to Ebay to be held?  That doesn't sound right.

Buyers can pay using Pay Pal, but Pay Pal isn't the one processing the payment, Adyen is and the funds go to your MP account.

Unless you're on weekly payouts, Ebay doesn't hold the funds.

Have a great day
Message 84 of 248
latest reply

@sales_sales_sales_sales wrote:

Buyers CAN use paypal. Ebay wants MP so they get ALL the fees. There will be SELLERS that refuse to give their Bank Account info & not sign up for MP. Those sellers get told sign up or leave.

What ebay forgets is that many of those SELLERS are ALSO BUYERS!

So the Sellers that left & got told "Dont let the door hit you on the way out" are saying "Say goodbye to my BUYING Dollars as well"

There is cause & effect. Many sellers sales are down & if you think that people that left over MP is not part of that is kidding themselves.

ebay says they can replace the SELLERS that leave.

Can they replace the MONEY that left with the sellers that are also BUYERS that now is not going to other sellers? 

I feel like you're in the minority on that. A lot of sellers who leave or at least claim they're leaving still stay on and buy. Have seen a number of them even say so.

Message 85 of 248
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

Just took a look at your items and terms of sale, specifically item #324509240089. It is a violation of the Feedback Manipulation policy to even discuss feedback in a listing, let alone threaten a buyer for leaving negative feedback.

Your last buyer obviously took this threat seriously enough that they were afraid to leave a negative, so they left a negative review under a positive. Sellers cannot control or coerce buyers in regards to feedback. Your terms are both unenforcible and in violation of multiple policies. It is highly unprofessional to have included this in your listings:

“I am not responsible for any paranormal occurrence or non paranormal occurrence that you experience from this item and Ebay requires that I state that this item is intended for entertainment purposes only. Also, by purchasing this item, you are agreeing to not leave negative feedback if you experience a paranormal occurrence from this item that you do not like or if you do not experience any paranormal occurrence from this item. Negative feed back received for experiencing a paranormal occurrence from this item that you do not like or for not experiencing any paranormal occurrence from this item will result in a report to Ebay and the negative feedback will be removed.”

Oh good lord. Another person who has no clue how ebay works and thinks they can dictate whatever terms they want. *facepalm*

Additionally, those long stories in the description might be amusing to some people but I bet the average buyer would just roll their eyes and move on to another seller...

Message 86 of 248
latest reply

@postingid7659 wrote:

Sales tanked with the most recent updates.  

Something they did seems to have messed up search.  My items get a fraction of the views they used to.  I've had things that should have done well not even get a second bid if they sold at all.  

I just put on an item for $50 that the last two listings one sold for over $500 and one for $200.  Mine's not as nice as those two.  But I'd expect it to at least do $75.  We'll see what happens.  Right now I'm looking at my first no sales week in ages, I have one item "sold" but not paid in over 48 hours and the longer they take to pay the less likely it becomes they will pay at all.  

THIS is far more likely to be the reason than some conspiracy about Paypal/MP somehow affecting buyers (hint: it doesn't).

Message 87 of 248
latest reply

@714gorilla wrote:

Who are you to decide what people want to buy and not buy? 

That is very disrespectful to say that to that seller.

What's disrespectful is hijacking someone else thread instead of starting your own.

Please make your own thread for your own issue instead of taking over someone elses.

Message 88 of 248
latest reply

yes ebay, you are literally screwing yourself by getting rid of PayPal, I used to ship fast, the same day I received payment but now I have to make the customer wait 4 days before I ship, its very stupid on your part ebay, because I am also about to leave with my 100% feedback rating, this sounds like ebay is being run by a bunch liberal morons, that don't care about the middle class. WAKE THE HELL UP EBAY, YOU WILL FAIL IF YOU CONTINUE THIS BULL**bleep** !!!

Message 89 of 248
latest reply

Where do all these delusional sellers come from, with absolutely no clue how eBay works? It's astounding!

Message 90 of 248
latest reply