cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

Since Ebay removed Paypal, I have made no sales for a whole month! It is as if buyers have left Ebay because they do not want to wait 4 days just for the money that they pay for an item to be received by a seller before the seller ships their item. I am sure that buyers also feel repelled by Ebay because they suspect that Ebay is flipping the money its sellers make by holding on to the money that its sellers make for four days. Personally, if I was a buyer on Ebay, I would not want to wait 4 days just for the money that I pay for an item on Ebay to be received by a seller and I would shop on another site that does not do so. I also have read reports that say that Ebay sellers have to pay out of their bank account funds to ship the items they sell while waiting for 4 days to get paid the money they make for selling such items on Ebay, which I am not doing! I am supposed to be paid instantly for sales that I make on Ebay. I have been an Ebay seller since 2006, and I have always paid my Ebay seller fees right after my items sell, I know many other sellers did too, and this is the thanks we get? Ebay removing Paypal is not right, it is ridiculous and uncalled for, and unnecessary! I want my money! Give us our businesses back Ebay! Bring back Paypal, for making Ebay sellers use their bank account as a way to receive payments for their sales is not working, and quit making corrupt changes! 

Message 1 of 248
latest reply
247 REPLIES 247

Re: Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

Coincidence. 

Message 16 of 248
latest reply

Those of you who disagree with me need to re-asses the situation. Ebay removing Paypal has caused massive corruption for Ebay sellers, their sales and Ebay itself. It is not my haunted jewelry that is the reason for me getting no sales. See for yourself: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Hub/this-new-payout-system-SUCKS/m-p/31359378#M65862

Message 17 of 248
latest reply

@mystic_nights wrote:

Those of you who disagree with me need to re-asses the situation. Ebay removing Paypal has caused massive corruption for Ebay sellers, their sales and Ebay itself. It is not my haunted jewelry that is the reason for me getting no sales. See for yourself: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Hub/this-new-payout-system-SUCKS/m-p/31359378#M65862

Yes, I know.  We also get dozens of those every day on this board, and on half the other boards on eBay, along with dramatic declarationms and demands.   

My father taught me to never try to reason a person out of a position that s/he was not reasoned into in the first place, and I keep forgetting that lesson.

=

Message 18 of 248
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

@shirkie_42 wrote:

Since buyers can still pay with PayPal, maybe your items just doi appeal these days, I mean, how many people actually want to buy a bubble machine quality necklace that's "haunted"?

And I thought "haunted items" were in direct violationn of eBay's Intangile Items Policy, anyhow:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/intangible-items-policy?id=5038

"Intangible items or anything a buyer can't confirm that they've received are not allowed.

"All listings and products on eBay.com must offer a physical, tangible item. Listings and products that don't can be confusing for customers and can increase the risk of fraud.

"What is the policy?

"Intangible items or things that buyers can't confirm that they've received are not allowed. For example:

A ghost in a jar
    Someone's soul
    Spells or haunted items"

=

Oh so not only do the sell mumbo jumbo, that might cause someone emotional harm when it doesn't work, they're selling stuff that's not allowed.

@mystic_nights maybe you need to ask your "ghosts" to help your sales 😂🤣

Message 19 of 248
latest reply

I am so old that when I keep hearing old Amos and Andy shows playing in my head, with all the guys off to their meetings at the Mystic Knights of the Sea lodge.   😄

=

Message 20 of 248
latest reply

The vast majority of sellers here have become successful with Ebay because we have practiced the following:

Accept -> Adjust -> Adapt.

Buyers are not at all adversely affected by PayPal and Ebay parting ways as far as sellers are concerned. Buyers can still use PayPal here, and they really don't give a rat's patootie about a seller having to wait to be paid. They just want their item that they paid for as soon as possible. When Ebay says to ship, we ship, and for the last nearly one thousand sales since joining MP, there has not been one hiccup in getting our money. Our business model can easily handle waiting a few days for the proceeds to be deposited. We have chosen to adjust and adapt. We have not practiced getting our knickers in a twist and whining about having to go through a little effort to get in line with the MP and PayPal changes for sellers.

Our own sales are going smoothly. We are currently only in a slight cyclical Springtime downturn that we have experienced every year since joining Ebay as a seller 23 years ago.

By the way, I looked at your items listed for sale, and I believe your problem is in charging $100 for 'haunted" jewelry, and presenting it in a very dark, juvenile and downright creepy format. That honestly turns me off, and probably other potential customers as well, who can see thru your listings.

By saying that you have made many wishes by an amulet and they all came true, ONLY appeals to a extremely minor subculture of society. Look in the mirror, get more realistic, get rid of the negative black, red and blue colors and verbose text in your listings, and I do believe you will see an increase in sales.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 21 of 248
latest reply

"My father taught me to never try to reason a person out of a position that s/he was not reasoned into in the first place"

Is that kinda like saying, it's useless to try and moor a cheerleader to reality.

I'd surmise many sellers are leaving and going elsewhere, and they're gonna take their money with 'em.

I really can't say how many times I've sold an unneeded item on eBay, so that I could buy a needed item on eBay. And I don't believe I'm the only one to do that. And if a seller merely gives up on the selling, well, that would seem to mean less money to buy things. And those who go to another site, well, most likely they'll shop on that site... So with that said, if the cheerleaders believe that MP isn't gonna effect their sales, well, they're simply not moor to reality.

I'm not meaning to stereotype cheerleaders. So, no hate mail please.

I don't disagree with the OP, I'm just adding my two cents worth.

Message 22 of 248
latest reply

You have 4 feedback as a seller in the last year, assuming only 25% of your buyers leave feedback this means that you have sold 16 items in the last year. It would not be unusual for someone who sells an item or two a month to go without a sale for a month. Your last feedback from your buyer is certainly not going to help your sales.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 23 of 248
latest reply

@mystic_nights wrote:

InHawaii, I think you are forgetting the notification email that all ebay users saw that notified them of Ebay no longer allowing sellers to be paid via Paypal. Furthermore, I think you are also not realizing that buyers will flee if they know that it takes four days for their payment for their purchase to be received by the seller. Thus, yes, indeed I do believe my NON sales is a result of Ebay removing Paypal, especially since my non sales on Ebay began after I changed my payment method to my bank account. Thanks. 

What does that have to do with the buyer?

Buyers don't care how long it takes for the seller to receive their funds.

Have a great day.
Message 24 of 248
latest reply

@mobley120 wrote:

"My father taught me to never try to reason a person out of a position that s/he was not reasoned into in the first place"

Is that kinda like saying, it's useless to try and moor a cheerleader to reality...

If I were a mindless cheerleader, that would be so, but I am not.  I've given my reasons for why I am convinced that Managed Payments do not affect buyers or sales.   So, give me your reasonable and reasoned argument as to how eBay's changing payment processors  does affect buyers and sales.   I  am listening. 

=

Message 25 of 248
latest reply

Buyers CAN use paypal. Ebay wants MP so they get ALL the fees. There will be SELLERS that refuse to give their Bank Account info & not sign up for MP. Those sellers get told sign up or leave.

What ebay forgets is that many of those SELLERS are ALSO BUYERS!

So the Sellers that left & got told "Dont let the door hit you on the way out" are saying "Say goodbye to my BUYING Dollars as well"

There is cause & effect. Many sellers sales are down & if you think that people that left over MP is not part of that is kidding themselves.

ebay says they can replace the SELLERS that leave.

Can they replace the MONEY that left with the sellers that are also BUYERS that now is not going to other sellers? 

Message 26 of 248
latest reply

"Low sales and managed payments  have nothing to do with each other. "

It can hurt sales if sellers that left over MP took their BUYING dollars with them.

Message 27 of 248
latest reply

"If I were a mindless cheerleader"

Arrrrrrrr, I already presented a reasonable reason... But as far as the degree of the effect, well, I guess Time will tell. 

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. It's okay, no probs.

Message 28 of 248
latest reply

Here’s why your sales are really tanking:

1) your pictures are terrible, with that black background you can’t see anything of the item.  You need to use a white background and show more than one angle of the items.

2) your descriptions are unnecessarily wordy and difficult to read.  You need to change to colors that are more easily read, cut out the story, and tell the basics.  A buyer wants to cut to the chase, or they’re just not going to bother sticking around to read it and they’ll move on to someone else’s listings.

3) I know less than nothing about the type of items you’re selling, but I do think your prices seem extremely high.  I would suggest lowering your prices significantly and see if that helps your sales.

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 29 of 248
latest reply

@duffy4444 wrote:

...  By saying that you have made many wishes by an amulet and they all came true... 

Yes, according to one of OP's listings:   "I have wished for tons of gold, flour and salt with this amulet of the Sampo Genie and it was so!  I have also made many other wishes with this amulet of the Sampo Genie and they all came true!" 

One wonders why OP didn't just wish for more eBay sales, eh?   Although, come to think of it, why would anyone who has tons of gold, flour and salt need eBay sales? 

=

Message 30 of 248
latest reply