cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay Nightmare, Buyer " Always Right" Disaster

In the past 6 weeks I have lived through an EBay nightmare, that will not end.

I am a professional artist and in March, 2017 decided to sell my perfect Epson Stylus 3800 Photo Stylus Printer as I was planning on moving my studio, rather than storing it.

I paid 1200.00 for it and it worked perfectly and only needed a couple of new ink cartridges.

I was unaware that "Absolutely No Returns" was actually the Gateway to Hell, and meant nothing of the sort. I was also unaware that one must write " For Parts Only" for the "Absolutely No Returns" to mean anything.

I decided to sell my printer for 350.00 as I was hoping for a quick sale.

1 Epson 3800 Printer1 Epson 3800 Printer2 Epson 3800 Printer2 Epson 3800 Printer3 Epson 3800 Printer3 Epson 3800 Printer4Epson 3800nPrinter4Epson 3800nPrinter5 Epson 3800 Printer5 Epson 3800 Printer

Message 1 of 121
latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Re: EBay Nightmare, Buyer " Always Right" Disaster

" sorry" ?
the Buyer used words like " appalling", " disgusting" and threw in an F bomb

I don't do doormat
Message 106 of 121
latest reply

I'll do doormat to avoid being steamrolled by ebay every single day of the week. Twice on Sundays. Their sandbox, their call.

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 107 of 121
latest reply

@sonoartista9 wrote:
" sorry" ?
the Buyer used words like " appalling", " disgusting" and threw in an F bomb

I don't do doormat

Threw an F bomb?     Not sure what that means .... she used the f word in an eBay message?

@moo*cow*corner, thank you for the info on how you save/label a PDF label to your computer for a Return. Hopefully I won't ever need to do that but if I do, I will still come back here first to make sure I do everything right.

I appreciate all the help I get here!

Message 108 of 121
latest reply

Does the inkers are refered in the advert/listining?

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 109 of 121
latest reply

Plus you've now got a big fat Unresolved By Seller defect against your account. One more within the next year will put you in serious danger of having your selling privileges revoked. Forever.
Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 110 of 121
latest reply

"Threw an F bomb? Not sure what that means .... she used the f word in an eBay message?"

STOP THE PRINTERS!!!!

Message 111 of 121
latest reply

@*help_no_brakes* wrote:

There are THOUSANDS of seller complaints on the internet about EBay.

There are also MILLIONS of sellers who every day complete successful transactions on eBay by understanding & working with the policies without causing problems for themselves.

Yep! Millions of Chinese sellers, who are not held to the same standards as other sellers on ebay.  Easy to folllow the rules when there are no rules.

Message 112 of 121
latest reply

everything was great for me for 11 years til I sold to this Buyer
Message 113 of 121
latest reply

I saw that myself, a_c_green.

It's weird that that would come up in an ended item, given that it was not only post sale, but post shipped and received. LOL, is this a new smear tactic that eBay's software department has programmed in in case of negs received?
Message 114 of 121
latest reply

@rschissler wrote:

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Perhaps a "normal" buyer would have also expected a USB cable with a NIB printer, but it's not so these days, is it?

If the printer originally came with one, yes.  All NIB printers come with ink cartridges.

Really?  I bought one last motnth, did not come with ink, maybe I should sue?

Message 115 of 121
latest reply

@moo*cow*corner wrote:

If you sell on ebay, you accept SNAD returns. And pay for the return shipping. We all do. And I'd bet dollars to donuts darn close to every one of us as sellers have all suffered a loss at one time or another. It's a cost of doing business on ebay. That's not up for a vote, discussion or debate, just a stone cold fact.

Did your buyer actually open a return request through ebay, the reason being not working or missing parts? Or did they just send it back outside of the return system? I'm confused on that.

Unless, of course, you live in China.

Message 116 of 121
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:
"I'm just curious .... what makes you think the OP did not properly immobilize and secure the internal mechanisms?"

She's been asked several times and has either not replied, or vaguely stated that she did not have the original packaging which would include the required blocks and braces designed and installed by the manufacturer for just that purpose.

Have you ever kept those? I haven't. That means I know I could never ship one and expect it to arrive safely.

So now styrofoam blocks and braces are now required when selling electronics?  Was that part of the Spring Seller Update?

Message 117 of 121
latest reply

@genghoul wrote:

@chrysylys wrote:
"I'm just curious .... what makes you think the OP did not properly immobilize and secure the internal mechanisms?"

She's been asked several times and has either not replied, or vaguely stated that she did not have the original packaging which would include the required blocks and braces designed and installed by the manufacturer for just that purpose.

Have you ever kept those? I haven't. That means I know I could never ship one and expect it to arrive safely.

So now styrofoam blocks and braces are now required when selling electronics?  Was that part of the Spring Seller Update?

Required? Of course not. Highly recommended if you don't want the print head bouncing around while the box makes its way to the buyer? Absolutely.

They block/brace/tape things down inside printers for a reason.

Message 118 of 121
latest reply

@genghoul wrote:

@chrysylys wrote:

Well, it's expected of sellers to do what they can to ensure the safety of the item during shipping. Not saying dump a ton of money into packing supplies you'll never need, but, electronics are not simply a box you hook up to electricity and it magically works.

There are sometimes hundreds if not thousands of individual pieces inside them that can get knocked loose if jarred hard or often enough. Just a simply, small capacitor being knocked loose on a circuit board can ruin the entire widget.

So, in my opinion, what is required for shipping an electronic is what will do the best to prevent it from being hit by impact force and potentially breaking.

Bigmotormania
Message 119 of 121
latest reply

"The Buyer refused to communicate with me so how was I to communicate with her?
I could not."

For reference - you CAN and SHOULD contact the buyer regardless of return communication.  "Contact member"  What this does is create a paper trail of your attempting to discover what went wrong, negotiate a mutually acceptable solution, etc.  It doesn't matter if the buyer never responds.  Sometimes it's enough that you have that paper trail.

Not saying the end result will always be in your favor; often it isn't.  But, if nothing else, you will have the established pattern of written communication attempts which could theoretically be very important down the road in a similar situation.

~Melody R

Message 120 of 121
latest reply