cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay Nightmare, Buyer " Always Right" Disaster

In the past 6 weeks I have lived through an EBay nightmare, that will not end.

I am a professional artist and in March, 2017 decided to sell my perfect Epson Stylus 3800 Photo Stylus Printer as I was planning on moving my studio, rather than storing it.

I paid 1200.00 for it and it worked perfectly and only needed a couple of new ink cartridges.

I was unaware that "Absolutely No Returns" was actually the Gateway to Hell, and meant nothing of the sort. I was also unaware that one must write " For Parts Only" for the "Absolutely No Returns" to mean anything.

I decided to sell my printer for 350.00 as I was hoping for a quick sale.

1 Epson 3800 Printer1 Epson 3800 Printer2 Epson 3800 Printer2 Epson 3800 Printer3 Epson 3800 Printer3 Epson 3800 Printer4Epson 3800nPrinter4Epson 3800nPrinter5 Epson 3800 Printer5 Epson 3800 Printer

Message 1 of 121
latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Re: EBay Nightmare, Buyer " Always Right" Disaster

I'd say the problem was that the buyer found numerous identical printers listed on eBay from $169 to $250 after they shelled out $350. EBay plasters all active - identical - items on the seller's description page after the item is sold.  Buyer views it = SNAD. That "minor" error message fault probably happened on the return trip.  Without going back and checking, I think every Epson Stylus 3800 Photo Stylus Printer listed above the seller's sold description page was cheaper, one of them by $180.

I think it's asinine for eBay to shove identical active - much cheaper - listings on a seller's sold description page.  This practice encourages poor buyer behavior via false SNADS.

Message 121 of 121
latest reply