cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ebay notify sellers when they end an aging listing?

Does anyone know if there is an account setting that I'm not seeing so that I receive notification that ebay has ended a listing? All of our listings auto -renew. When I cam back from being let go because of Covid, I noticed quite a few listings were no longer there. I assumed the owner had removed the listings. Recently, I was checking for items that I might want to scrap, and they weren't listed any more.

I checked my account settings, and don't see an option to get notified when they are about to end a listing. Not for violating policy. I think just because the items had no views for a long time. The owner wants to keep them active and listed. We pay for a store and are never even close to our limits. So many times, people have said they were looking for an item  and found it on our ebay store.

Is there a way to set up our account so that we are notified before they delete an item? It's a pain having to redo entire listings

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Does ebay notify sellers when they end an aging listing?

I don't think there's a setting for that. I lose listings all the time, and they aren't even that old - I don't run anything past 90 days (3 listing cycles) yet even with my paltry number of listings I still lose several every month. On one of their podcasts an eBay rep said that the site *does* drop really stale 'dead' listings, but gave no parameters.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I question their choice in doing such a thing. If you take a store subscription and are allowed a certain number of monthly listings, why would they remove any of those listings?

Now, if they are providing the listing for free, then they may have a reason.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I don't run anything past 90 days (3 listing cycles) yet even with my paltry number of listings I still lose several every month. 

Very strange. I have never had an item removed and the longest I have ever kept something active is 6 months. You must have very bad luck.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Helpful or not, this is what I found in policies. 

Removed listings | eBay

All that says is check your Spam folder.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I don't run anything past 90 days (3 listing cycles) yet even with my paltry number of listings I still lose several every month. 

Very strange. I have never had an item removed and the longest I have ever kept something active is 6 months. You must have very bad luck.

Agreed.

I have some that have been running for 6 years. Never "noticed" a deletion but how would I tell with 1200 listings?

Everytime I see one of these threads I start posting a sticky on my monitor with the number of listings. But, what good would it do me if they just delete the listings rather than put them in the ended listings folder?

Chances of me doing a complete inventory check would be significantly less than zero.

I have had a couple over the years blown away due to Vero takedowns......

Once they do that, it leaves me out in the weeds without the sku I entered.

I have in the past done a copy and past of 200 listings at a time into a word document, from seller hub. That might be a good thing to do again.

Does anyone have a better way to copy all listings into a document that would also capture the sku?

Posting ID
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Where is a spam folder on ebay?

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@gwens*4saleitems*  Thanks. The problem is that they Do Not send an email to the registered email or to our ebay messages. If they did, I would be fine with that. What's the point of paying for a store if they just delete your listings?

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

I have never had a listing removed and I have a few ancient listings.  But I do make a point of randomly ending a few listings each week and then relist using sell similar.  So I doubt I have many listings over 6 months old, but there are a few.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

E-mail, they send e-mails. (at least that's what the linked item states).

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@cstpos 

Don't shoot the messenger, I posted that link only because that's supposed to answer you query.

eBay states that they send you emails, so it must be true (right? note the sarcasm) and if you don't get the email you should check your Spam folder. 

OR, maybe they only send an email if your listing was removed because of a violation, but it does say they pull listings that are over a year old and show no sales. IDK!?!?

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I'll chime in with some thoughts.     Selling here 23 years and really can't remember how many years I've been 

running strictly BIN listings.

I have listings that are many years old that have items that sell, and get updated every so often as I add inventory or adjust a price.

I have old listings.   2 years old or older that have never sold.    Most likely fiddled with at some 

point to adjust the price or the promo %

I've never received any message about a listing being ended or removed other than 

policy violations or duplicate listing violation.

Ebay has never ended a listing without telling me about it that I've noticed. 

If ebay ends a listing on some unknown schedule due to inactivity,   I'm unaware of it,  

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@lakefor94 

Does anyone have a better way to copy all listings into a document that would also capture the sku?

You can download an active listings report that captures the SKU here:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/reports/downloads 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@lakefor94 

You can download an active listings report that captures the SKU here:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/reports/downloads 

Thank you

Posting ID
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@gwens*4saleitems*   I wasn't "shooting the Messenger". I did say thank you and I did check out the page. I was just putting emphasis on the fact that they don't notify users. Sorry if you took offense.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply