cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you leave automatic positive feedback when you ship?

I don’t understand why sellers do this. The transaction isn’t complete and it leaves other sellers with false “great buyer” information. I’ve had buyers with recent positive feedback use and break my items among other things. I know I can’t leave neg feedback but I can at least leave none. I usually leave feedback after a week of receipt or when feedback is received. 

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Do you leave automatic positive feedback when you ship?

I leave feedback only for buyers who leave it for me.  If they care about it, they leave it.  If they don't leave it for me, I really don't care.  I thank them about 25 times throughout the process of acknowledging their payment to sending them their tracking information.  They don't need me to post a sign on their lawn proclaiming how great they are just because they bought something. 

As a buyer, I don't leave it either.  I'd like to get rid of the whole thing.  And nothing in phanoto's post is true.  Nothing. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 31 of 53
latest reply

@muttlymob wrote:

@phanoto wrote:

It shows how many sales the seller has made where buyers were satisfied enough that they did not leave neutral or negative feedback. 

Lack of feedback is not proof of satisfaction.

It could just as easily mean that the buyers were not happy enough to leave a positive.  But were afraid to leave a neg or neutral.

Or it could mean that the cat bought the widget but has not yet learned how to leave feedback.

Out of 998 buyers who did not leave feedback, it is likely that the majority were satisfied. 

Message 32 of 53
latest reply

I leave feedback after I receive feedback from the buyer.  If you check out buyers feedback left you will find many who don't leave any feedback

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 33 of 53
latest reply

@iowa_east_coast wrote:

I leave feedback after I receive feedback from the buyer.  If you check out buyers feedback left you will find many who don't leave any feedback

There is nothing wrong with requiring the buyer to leave positive feedback before giving the buyer feedback.

No one has ever told us that they receive any advantage or benefits by doing it that way.  But, we all know that there are several benefits to a seller by leaving feedback for everyone quickly.

Also, I do not want to waste time looking to see if a buyer has left feedback before I will leave feedback for that buyer.

Message 34 of 53
latest reply

@lugro_30 wrote:

I don’t understand why sellers do this. The transaction isn’t complete and it leaves other sellers with false “great buyer” information. I’ve had buyers with recent positive feedback use and break my items among other things. I know I can’t leave neg feedback but I can at least leave none. I usually leave feedback after a week of receipt or when feedback is received. 

Automatically yes. I keep my side of the street clean.

Message 35 of 53
latest reply

I used to get positive feedback from some buyers immediately after they won an auction. I assume it was because they were so happy to track down that item after years of searching and read my feeback from other buyers who indicated I was a trusted seller. 

Message 36 of 53
latest reply

It’s free marketing and makes buyers happy

Message 37 of 53
latest reply

Like some others have said, I let eBay automatically leave FB when the buyer pays.  I do not wish to spend any time at all on it, and i don't. 

BTW, if a buyer happens to leave a neg for a seller, seller can respond to that FB however one wishes.  If anyone checks the buyers FB left for others, that comment will show up there.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 38 of 53
latest reply

Buyer pays, I ship, I leave positive feedback.

Others do it differently.

I've been on eBay for 20 years or so, and just when to leave feedback has been an issue for as long as there has been feedback.

To each his own.
Message 39 of 53
latest reply

if i have no reason to believe the buyer is a bad buyer, i leave positive when i ship...

Message 40 of 53
latest reply

@phanoto wrote:

Also, I do not want to waste time looking to see if a buyer has left feedback before I will leave feedback for that buyer.

Buyers may not want to waste there time looking at left feedback , but if the buyers feedback is private you can't see it anyway.

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 41 of 53
latest reply

I leave feedback right after I print the label. I always thank the buyer. I also use feedback to indicate any delay in shipping due to a holiday, something like this: "Your order ships wensday due to The New Years holiday, Thank you for the business!" It saves me time from sending a message and I think a buyer is more likely to see it first being messages have been glitchy sometimes.

Years ago I tried waiting to leave feedback until a buyer left it for me in hopes it would encourage more to leave feedback but it didn`t. I`ve never done the math but my feedback return rate is really low IMO. My guess is 1 out of 8 or lower. That`s fine though. No biggie.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 42 of 53
latest reply

Yes, I give thanks as soon as I'm given money---even if it turns out to be temporary.

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

@phanoto wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@phanoto wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

6.  Leaving feedback for every customer is almost like receiving an automatic positive from every customer.  Buyers can look at the seller's "feedback left" and see how many customers where satisfied with the seller.

This makes absolutely no sense.

If a seller has made 1000 sales and has 2 negative feedback, there were 998 customers who were satisfied enough that they did not leave neutral or negative feedback.  The seller's "feedback received" does not show that there were 998 customers who were satisfied.   Buyers see that by looking at the seller's "feedback left". 

sellers "feedback left"------   has nothing to do with how many buyers were satisfied.  No facts, no data, just random statements that make no sense.

It shows how many sales the seller has made where buyers were satisfied enough that they did not leave neutral or negative feedback. 

That is twisted logic..   as in..  illogical.  I see that yes, if a buyer did not leave a neg, or neutral, that they may be satisfied, but there are so many other factors involved where feedback has not been left that no neg/neutral is not even a factor worth considering.

That not withstanding, you are saying that the sellers "feedback left" in some way relates to the satisfaction of a buyer. What does a seller leaving feedbac for 10,000,000 buyers have to do with how happy a buyer is???????  

The number of "feedbacks" a seller "left" has NOTHING to do with how many sales great sales the seller has made.  The sellers performance is rated by the number of (+) feedbacks received vs. (-)/neutral that BUYERS have left. It is rated by the feedback received from buyers, not by some imaginary formula fueled by ommission.  Using a sellers "feedback left" as a benchmark for customer satisfaction is using known #'s to compare with other unknowns.  Even that is skewed. As in a purchase we made. Seller shorted the amount of bubble wrap. Not a;;owed to neg the seller after doing a return. seller goes free.

You should drop point 6 from your feedback mantra, as it is not based on anything logical.

I leave the meaningless feedback for buyers shortly after shipping. It does nothing to prove that I am a good seller.

Message 44 of 53
latest reply

Gotcha....Thanks. 😉

Message 45 of 53
latest reply