cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Has anyone seen this new layout for listings? I have a button on my last listing called 'click button to view entire description'.

There is a completely blank screen unless one clicks that button. There is NO description of the item for sale until you click this button and then the description opens in a separate window.

What is this all about - an I in a test group?

Message 1 of 1,018
latest reply
1,017 REPLIES 1,017

Re: Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Delivery Confirmation in that case does NOT show delivered to the address/zip given at time of payment.  So how is the seller then covered? Is that not how the policy reads?  Very interested to see the answer to this one. The seller cannot show that the item shows delivered to the correct zipcode.  What happens now?

"WE have you "protected"..."
Message 646 of 1,018
latest reply

@thebaglady-2016 wrote:

Delivery Confirmation in that case does NOT show delivered to the address/zip given at time of payment.  So how is the seller then covered? Is that not how the policy reads?  Very interested to see the answer to this one. The seller cannot show that the item shows delivered to the correct zipcode.  What happens now?

Is the issue that the package was addressed to an address that the buyer had on file (64112), but arrived to a different address (64114), then the seller will want to contact the USPS to determine what happened.

My guess is that it was delivered to the post office at 64114 (the Waldo office) and then a mail carrier took it into 64112. What happened to it after the USPS dropped it off is impossible to determine, but if the seller has a delivery confirmation on a shipping label using the buyer's address on record, they're in a great position to defend themselves against any defects.

Message 647 of 1,018
latest reply

They have DC with the address of the PO in the first zip, NOT to the buyer's zip given, because they have their mail picked up, as in the thread.  So how does the seller protect themselves against that scam?  The buyer has someone pick up their mail at the first zip, but their actual address given is the second. The DC would never show delivery to the one given with payment. The buyer has now filed INR.  How does the seller win if they have delivery proven to the first zip, where the PO states that the mail is picked up?  regardless of where they live?  This is not right. The buyer should have to change their address to where they get their mail delivered. It is the BUYER that has committed the fraud here, by giving an address where they do not have mail delivery, so could NEVER have DC that shows delivered to their zip, and therefore can open an INR for EVERY purchase.  

And yet when you call CS, they are programmed to ONLY view the tracking as shown, WHICH COULD NEVER SHOW DELIVERED TO THE BUYER'S ZIP.

"WE have you "protected"..."
Message 648 of 1,018
latest reply

I am using a desk top computer, and I too have been subjected to the UN-announced change in the page format.

Before I came to this board to see what the ____ was going on with no sellers having auction descriptions anymore, there were 3 auctions that I did NOT bid on because of the lack of an auction description.

Then, I saw the same issue on my own auctions.

I am livid at this change.

Message 649 of 1,018
latest reply

@cinco_swim wrote:

@ymeagainlord wrote:
How convenient there's no weakly chat this week (and yes wekow it's only becausegriff has jury duty etc etc and after all there's onlyjeff &griff to host the chats these days).

I'm afraid regardless of the weekly chat being cancelled, we would be most probably be offered no additional information other then what Jeff has already provided earlier in this thread. I like others find it quite alarming and insulting that eBay would undertake such a "test" that has undoubtedly affected many sales negatively and possibly caused confusion on a buyers part due to lack of  description being readily apparent, and not even think to let sellers know of this, only to "uncover" it for themselves.

I personally think and feel it speaks volumes as to what eBays current culture and attitude towards their sellers stand. After the last year and all of the challenges from the eBay Hack, Spring and Fall updates and drastic changes to policy,  the google debacle, eBay/Paypal split announcement, CEO change of guards......just to name A FEW .........one might have hoped that 2015 would start out with a more positive attitude from eBay towards their sellers. It is apparent nothing has changed on that front and we will still be treated as the "noise" we are believed to be..........Smiley Sad  I think that should tell us everything we need to know for those that were counting on some "hope & change"...........

Quite honestly cinco, think about it.  Would you rather have ebay:

1.  issue a test that may or may not be implement depending upon test results; or

2. Roll something out as a permanent change without first testing.   

I personally hate the "feature" and hope they don't keep it.   But eBAY is  well within their right to test before implementing.  

Why do so many feel so empowered/rightous to be demanding/expecting that eBAY must ask permission before testing?  We do not own the company.   WE DO NOT PAY THEIR SALARIES.

The insults everyone throws here is really disturbing.  

Message 650 of 1,018
latest reply

@antique.cottage wrote:

@cinco_swim wrote:

@ymeagainlord wrote:
How convenient there's no weakly chat this week (and yes wekow it's only becausegriff has jury duty etc etc and after all there's onlyjeff &griff to host the chats these days).

I'm afraid regardless of the weekly chat being cancelled, we would be most probably be offered no additional information other then what Jeff has already provided earlier in this thread. I like others find it quite alarming and insulting that eBay would undertake such a "test" that has undoubtedly affected many sales negatively and possibly caused confusion on a buyers part due to lack of  description being readily apparent, and not even think to let sellers know of this, only to "uncover" it for themselves.

I personally think and feel it speaks volumes as to what eBays current culture and attitude towards their sellers stand. After the last year and all of the challenges from the eBay Hack, Spring and Fall updates and drastic changes to policy,  the google debacle, eBay/Paypal split announcement, CEO change of guards......just to name A FEW .........one might have hoped that 2015 would start out with a more positive attitude from eBay towards their sellers. It is apparent nothing has changed on that front and we will still be treated as the "noise" we are believed to be..........Smiley Sad  I think that should tell us everything we need to know for those that were counting on some "hope & change"...........

1.  issue a test that may or may not be implement depending upon test results; or

I personally hate the "feature" and hope they don't keep it.   But eBAY is  well within their right to test before implementing.  

Why do so many feel so empowered/rightous to be demanding/expecting that eBAY must ask permission before testing?  We do not own the company.   WE DO NOT PAY THEIR SALARIES.

I really beg to differ....

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 651 of 1,018
latest reply

@jeff wrote:

@ymeagainlord wrote:

Just FYI that our scheduling conflicts have been resolved, so we will be having the Weekly Chat this week as originally planned. The link to this week's chat is http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Weekly-Chat-with-the-eBay-Community-Februar...

Well that's a plus (maybe).

As you're here perhaps you can clarify if adding the 'description' to the condition box or seller's notes is against policy?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 652 of 1,018
latest reply

@thebaglady-2016 wrote:

Jeff why are you here? in this thread, lending virtually nothing, while completely ignoring others that could use some answers?  Not trying to be mean at all, just wondering why so much time is spent debating something that jeff obviously can't shed any light on, yet threads that could use some advice or direction are totally ignored.  Like the guy that has a buyer that uses a PO with a different zip than his buyer's address, has someone pick up his mail, and then opens INR's claiming item delivered to a different zip.

Why not lend your help to someone that needs it?  

That's the type of thread lamont used to chime in on before the seller protection team was disbanded and shunted off to god knows where.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 653 of 1,018
latest reply

do we know a specific date when this "test" is over?  because I'm seeing no sales, and kinda freakin' out....

Message 654 of 1,018
latest reply

@alohagirrrlie wrote:

do we know a specific date when this "test" is over?  because I'm seeing no sales, and kinda freakin' out....

I believe it's 2/24, so another 6 days.

Message 655 of 1,018
latest reply

@antique.cottage wrote:

AC, I too beg to differ . A test, unbeknownst to me that directly affects my ability to do business normally and takes away from my bottom line as a result, and only "discovered" and revealed on a community board and in no way effectively communicated to me by eBay with not so much as a "how do ya do"  to me, their paying customer (so, in a way I do pay their salaries) is about as low as a company can go. Yes, eBay is free to operate and do as they wish.....they do so without impunity and make sure they can as a result of weasley and constantly changing UA's and policies. You think actions like this are trust building and conducive for anyone or anything? Really?

Message 656 of 1,018
latest reply

@antique.cottage wrote:

I think maybe someone else said this upthread; forgive me if I'm repeating.

The better way to test any new software implementation is to beta test with volunteer users, not live testing that disrupts business sitewide and drives away buyers. 

That's standard, professional practice in the industry, not an insult nor a self-righteous demand that eBay get permission from users before testing.  

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 657 of 1,018
latest reply

circa, how do you know?

Message 658 of 1,018
latest reply

jeff (from ebay) said the test would run until that date

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 659 of 1,018
latest reply

This is a royal PITA !!!!!!

Earlier today, I was seeking to make several purchases, but could not find any of what I was looking for wherein the Seller even bothered to include a Description...

So, I went over to Etsy & spent my roughly $150...

(by the way, this was my first ever experience in Buying from Etsy, & it was delightfully easy & pleasant... and the Descriptions for Items were so very easy to read in the Listings)

Later came to the Boards here & found out about this STUPID "new & improved" eBay change...

Turns out that the Sellers probably did bother to write Item Descriptions,

but eBay hid the Descriptions & made it appear that the Sellers didn't bother to write 'em !!!!!

Then I looked at my own Listings pending turning off the Vacation settings...

and can't even view the Descriptions on my own Listings !!

Clicking on the link only provides a short little overlay screen with only a few lines of the Description visible & have to  repeatedly scroll down to read it.

I'm not certain that I want to deal with the hassles of educating prospective Buyers on how to deal with this latest intentional glitch...  and risk getting dinged on the Communication DSR if I can't immediately respond to everyone who wants to view a Description.

Obviously, eBay wants us all to make the switch to Amazon & Etsy & 11 Main & Ruby Lane...

as they have altered my Buyer Experience on eBay from simple & pleasant to a major PITA...

About 10 years as a very dedicated & frequent eBay Buyer (4,955 Feedbacks as a Buyer), & a very small-volume eBay Seller, looks to be heading for an end.

I know I've said it before that we might just quit eBay, with  each of the many "special challenges" eBay has thrown up in the past couple of years... and yet each time we've toughed it out, stayed faithful & yet felt increasingly alienated/violated by eBay...

but this is just too much... the straw which seems VERY likely to have broken us...

sucked all of the remnant of enthusiasm out of me & very thoroughly "**bleep** off" my husband...

and, today, not only do I not feel like continuing to do the eBay thing anymore...

I actually took my $$$ elsewhere... and it felt really good !!!!

(Need to check out the end dates for my 2 eBay Stores, & start drawing up the "exit strategy".)

Just feeling sick & tired of dealing with eBay's attitude that "the Customer is always wrong" !!!

("Customer" being the one who pays lots of $$ every year to eBay to list things which no longer show up in searches, & lots more $$ to eBay via the FVF fees & Shipping Surcharges my frequent purchases have caused to be paid by other Sellers.)

Message 660 of 1,018
latest reply