cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Has anyone seen this new layout for listings? I have a button on my last listing called 'click button to view entire description'.

There is a completely blank screen unless one clicks that button. There is NO description of the item for sale until you click this button and then the description opens in a separate window.

What is this all about - an I in a test group?

Message 1 of 1,018
latest reply
1,017 REPLIES 1,017

Re: Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Mobile shopping is huge now and eBay has to adjust in order to promote itself.  We as sellers, recreational and professional, need to adjust as well.  

For those wondering about the additional step to view item description.... yes, it is a mobile thing.  

Message 1006 of 1,018
latest reply

This actually is done to enhance photos and is done routinely on Tradesy to give a more upscale look to the item. Tradesy has become very popular with women buyers and sellers that sell there are finding that they can raise their prices and still sell more than on Ebay.
Message 1007 of 1,018
latest reply

@x10schick wrote:

Mobile shopping is huge now and eBay has to adjust in order to promote itself.  We as sellers, recreational and professional, need to adjust as well.  

For those wondering about the additional step to view item description.... yes, it is a mobile thing.  

No, ebay is "testing" it yet again and some buyers see the same stupid extra step on desktops, laptops, or any browser.

The first test was a failure(to them, so they are doing it again - probably to make the numbers work for them(of course, it would only work if you are using ebay math, because it's a stupid idea).

And mobile SHOPPING is only growing for common everyday items you can buy anywhere. I highly doubt people are shopping on their phone for vintage and antiques, unless it's their ONLY source of internet connectivity. And even those numbers are probably skewed by users connecting to their own phones wireless hotspot using a laptop.

I noticed this time that there is no button to report if you do not like it or not.

I personally HATE it.

It may be easy for the poster a couple post above to say that it is something we have to adjust to but it does not look like that person sells a lot. Having to deal with it as someone who sells tons and tons of items it is a nightmare.

As a buyer I personally like to get the completeness of using a desktop and seeing all the info there simple and smooth.

All the extra clicking and windows and such on a desktop is unnecessary and just makes it muddy.

Message 1009 of 1,018
latest reply

I agree this is a terrible idea, Wierd thing is I have 4 machines in the office and only one is doing it, IE 11 and Chrome,  the other machines are showing all the item descriptions. I have cleared the browser and its cookies, still not showing full description!!! This is a terrible idea, Customers barley read the descripion as it is. It also makes going thru my items to check for mistakes a nighmare. WHY IS THIS GOING ON?? EBAY??? SERIOUS!!! This is a bad idea. It's bad enough that we get 5+ people a day buying two and three of the same item cause they are phone and tablet stupid!! They hit the buy button mulpile timeS and then cant figure out why they get non payment notices. When we tell them they bought the item multiple times, they tell me it is our fault not there ?!?!?!?!

Message 1010 of 1,018
latest reply

On this buying ID, using a Macbook, I am seeing the "See Full Description" button with every listing I look at.  I like to look at descriptions and personally HATE clicking extra buttons and trying to view the description through a scrolling pop-up, it is so annoying.  Also loading the pop-up window is slowing down this Macbook, which is already old and slow. 

But on my selling ID on the Windows 7 desktop, I am seeing the normal descriptions. 

I really hope Ebay shelves this terrible idea, never to be seen again!

Message 1011 of 1,018
latest reply

Is this why, after 10+ years of selling on eBay, and being super descriptive in my listings, an I now having "Item not as described" issues with sellers????  I have never had this issue and now being innundated with it...resulting in tons of stress and aggreivation, not to mention, additional costs.

Message 1012 of 1,018
latest reply

@warmgiftsandthings

Might want to start your own thread, you are on page 51 of a year old thread.

a lot has changed in the last year.

Message 1013 of 1,018
latest reply

Today is 6-23-17

I am experiencing this issue!

Anyone else?

OR did I not see the answer on here somewhere?

Absolutely frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1014 of 1,018
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

@warmgiftsandthings

Might want to start your own thread, you are on page 51 of a year old thread.

a lot has changed in the last year.

Well, dave, it appears that what goes around comes back around - with a vengeance.

Maybe ^^^^this is why they never delete old threads?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 1016 of 1,018
latest reply

Message 1017 of 1,018
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 1018 of 1,018
latest reply