cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant send offers "Enter a valid offer amount."

On multiple items, not all, I have issues with sending an offer (5%-15% off).  An error message comes up after the offer is submitted stating: "Enter a valid offer amount".  

Is anyone else having this issue and/or know what the solution may be?  

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Cant send offers "Enter a valid offer amount."

is it asking for a $$$ amount instead of %?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I have tried both options to make an offer on the affected listings.  Both % and $ offers give the same error.   Both types of offers are within 5-15% off. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

not sure if you are on mobile or not, but a confirmed offer problem on it, here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/Did-ebay-change-how-sellers-send-offers-on-the-app/m-p/341...

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@retro-rhino wrote:

On multiple items, not all, I have issues with sending an offer (5%-15% off).  An error message comes up after the offer is submitted stating: "Enter a valid offer amount".  

Is there a current issue with offers elizabeth@ebay - a sitewide ALERT?

(Excluding the app where a current glitch forces sellers to use a % instead of $ amount.)

@retro-rhino gets an error "enter a valid offer amount" and @meme6253 had a problem a couple days ago "your offer price is too large" (link to that discussion). Both sellers confirmed their offers are 5% or greater.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I can confirm that also on mobile, those same particular listings are giving me issues are saying "Your offer price is too large".  They get errors both on the website and mobile app. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I just (< 1 minute ago) was able to send 2 offers to watchers.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@retro-rhino wrote:

Is there a current issue with offers elizabeth@ebay - a sitewide ALERT?

(Excluding the app where a current glitch forces sellers to use a % instead of $ amount.)

@retro-rhino gets an error "enter a valid offer amount" and @meme6253 had a problem a couple days ago "your offer price is too large" (link to that discussion). Both sellers confirmed their offers are 5% or greater.

Hi @wastingtime101. We do not have a site alert for this, but ill be sure to get it passed along as a potential issue. @retro-rhino I would recommend reaching out to our customer service so they can grab some screenshots and create a ticket for you to get to the tech team. 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

This is happening to me this evening. There are two items with offers available to send, and after trying to send offers (15-20% off), at the top of the list it says,

Offers not sent to interested buyers for 2 listings.

And after each item,

Enter a valid offer amount.

I have experienced this problem occasionally, but only with one item at a time, and before I always assumed there was some invisible factor that precluded the offer being sent on that particular item. But this time, with two unrelated items, it seems like it might more likely be a technical glitch, similar to that described by the original poster.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Try again tomorrow @montanavtg . eBay does site maintenance every Thursday night which can cause things to act funky. If you're still having the problem tomorrow, contact CS as Devon from eBay suggested above.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I'm experiencing this problem this evening. After sending 7 successful offers I have tried 3 other items and keep getting that damned message now. Never happened to me before.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Hello - I've been experiencing this same issue for at least a month. Has anyone found a resolution?

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

If you have previously made offers with a larger reduction on these items, you will get this message now.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

If you have previously made offers with a larger reduction on these items, you will get this message now.

Hey @tobaccocardyahoo . So if a seller sends out a 20% discount through seller initiated offer, then 2 weeks later the item hasn't sold and they decide to send out a 15% discount to new/different watchers, the system will throw up this error message? Very interesting.

Since you chimed in upthread elizabeth@ebay reporting this as a potential tech issue, can you check to see if above info from tobaccocardyahoo explains why this is happening? And if the system is intended to work that way? And why the error message does not clearly tell the seller why they're blocked from sending the offer? Thanks in advance!

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

Being an infrequent sender of offers, I discovered this months ago. I never keep track of my offers, I never checked Manage Offers to see my history. Manage Offers showed the history, and a larger discount worked.

It makes sense for Ebay to do this IMO.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply