cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers Stalking My Account With Dumb Offers

I sell only in the USA and this is my buying account. The other day I made a post saying how I blocked over 1,000 Ebayers and some people were upset. Well get ready to hear the mother of all stories !

I sell name brand items like Victoria Secret, Prada , Juicy Conture, Sony, Nintendo , Playstation, Gucci, and anything under the sun.  I'm a Power Seller and TSR PLUS !.. Today I had once person using 3 Different Accounts make a " BEST OFFER " on an item which I turned down every single time asking for next to nothing on shipping in the offer details.  All the offers came from the same ZIP CODE !...All were PAYPAL Verified as I require on my account. All accounts I put on the block list. Now I get an offer on the same item from what seems to be a friend of the original bidder and turns down my offer by .99 cents ???... Another for the block list.

Where and when does the madness end on Ebay ?...And please do not tell me to do Buy It Now with Immediate Payment because I do all types of Listings depending on the item.

Again when does the madness end?  Ebay Does not care when I call them. Just takes down reports that go nowhere. Thank You.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Buyers Stalking My Account With Dumb Offers

Yep, sure did.

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

Since you mention don't tell you to use Fixed Price with Immediate Payment required, I believe this does not involve your setting an auto decline, but eBay changed their policies in recent years from, if the seller does not have best offer on a listing, they are not interested in receiving a best offer, to anyone can offer anything on any listing, whether it has best offer on it or not.

Sorry but eBay hopes that this process will lead to more sales, so nothing to report.  I know you feel that different formats suit different items, but if these are seriously aggravating you, the auto decline would make sure you never see them as others have said.  Might be a good idea for your peace of mind, but it's just a thought.

Don't let it get you down.  You could just send, Thank you for your interest but I must decline.  Then BBL as needed.

Good Luck.

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

@takikawa4 wrote:

Yep, sure did.

Then they need to update their Help pages:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-get-verified-faq444

eBay no longer uses that info or allows sellers to use it to block buyers, but that doesn't mean PayPal no longer offers that option. According to the link, PayPal uses it to control how much money you're allowed to withddraw from your account.

So is it still a thing (outside of eBay), or are they really that far behind with their documentation?

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

Why would I be happy you got a negative? What does this have to do with what I said in any way?

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

Finally some one that makes sense.  Been doing that. Seems I have a target on my back being Top Rated Plus and so do other sellers. I just got negged over the size of a box. I block 4 more people in 24 hours. I could lose my rating if do not do this. Ebay does not care. It is always the person that low balls you and you fall for it without looking at thier profile that bite you. I just got Bit !

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

@countwilley wrote:

Finally some one that makes sense.  Been doing that. Seems I have a target on my back being Top Rated Plus and so do other sellers. I just got negged over the size of a box. I block 4 more people in 24 hours. I could lose my rating if do not do this. Ebay does not care. It is always the person that low balls you and you fall for it without looking at thier profile that bite you. I just got Bit !

Top Rated Plus is a listing attribute, not a seller attribute. And thanks for letting the rest of us know that we don't make sense; much appreciated.

Target on your back being TRS+, LOL. 

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

I just thought it was silly to ask if I was calling ebay because of low offers. Ebay would hang up the phone on me. Just wanted to clarify why  I block people in large numbers. Of course you are not happy I got a neg. The theme here is Stalkers. 

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

You must be a buyer and not a seller. If you were a TOP RATED SELLER you would be very vigilant when selling . Ask Joseph Demarco if he is not serious about his status.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

@countwilley wrote:

You must be a buyer and not a seller. If you were a TOP RATED SELLER you would be very vigilant when selling . Ask Joseph Demarco if he is not serious about his status.

Wrong yet again. Posting ID. I'm TRS & Bronze Powerseller; all my listings qualify for TRS+. And I can be vigilant witout being paranoid.

And who in blazes is Joseph Demarco?

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

@countwilley

Thank you!  I appreciate that.

The rule change by ebay opened the door to all kinds of communication by buyers but I think the change occurred in recent years because many buyers either did not know or care about the rules.  Some would be quite bold in their messages and say they do this with all their sellers and no one (or only one) has turned them down.  This can put more pressure on sellers as you have found.

My thought with my suggestion, Thank you for your interest, but I must decline, then BBL if necessary, was so you could react quickly with less time for you to spend on the process, and thus less time spent with the aggravation.

I'm sure many sellers have their own process and tolerance level, but no one should feel they have a target on their back or that they are being stalked.  Or live in fear of losing their rating.  So it's an individual thing, handle the best way for you to manage it. 

So sorry about that neg!  

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

thatsallfolks wrote;
Wrong yet again. Posting ID. I'm TRS & Bronze Powerseller; all my listings qualify for TRS+. And I can be vigilant witout being paranoid.

Really? You are TRS & Bronze Powerseller? All your listings qualify for TRS+?

Well, you see, we do not know that. Maybe, maybe not, but what we really can see that on June 7, 2017 you were here, on eBay community page, from 6:32 AM Pacific Time to 7:18 PM Pacific Time. And that you posted 39 posts.

You were stuck practically in every forum on which members of this community (sellers, buyers) on this day were looking for some help or, at least, were trying to find some understanding and sympathy.

So, please, stop pretending that you are here to help people, because, in reality, you are not. Your real purpose of being here – to watch that everything will be done by eBay rules and just by eBay rules only. Your real job is to disturb people’s attention from the subjects which can cause a big resonance in eBay community.
Message 26 of 32
latest reply

@eurodesign4u wrote:
So, please, stop pretending that you are here to help people, because, in reality, you are not. Your real purpose of being here – to watch that everything will be done by eBay rules and just by eBay rules only. Your real job is to disturb people’s attention from the subjects which can cause a big resonance in eBay community.

The number of helpful posts and solutions to problems that I've contributed can be seen by everyone. So I can listen to you, or the multitude of people who disagree with you. Please take your personal attacks elsewhere.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

No names being mentioned, but there are some "counselors" on the boards, who ride up on their white horse, to provide guidance and direction to inquiring eBay members.  Some confuse snarkiness, with education....Some confuse defending their argument, with defending themselves, and some do not take the high road, if the opportunity arises  Some incorporate all of this in their modus operandi. These boards are not here to perpetuate any individuals agenda. And, as long as we are tossing around credentials here, my ebay seller account, of almost 2 decades, has thousand's of positive feedback....So I've been to one or two roundups, in my time. Good luck.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

I take off my hat in front of your highly qualified comment.
Sincerely,
Message 29 of 32
latest reply

I'm pretty sure Gucci is a VERO member.  And you need to set up your selling preferences-block all buyers in countries I don't ship to.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 30 of 32
latest reply