cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the point in feedback..............

If the seller cant leave negative feedback for a buyer that doesnt pay?  I have had multiple of these and I close the case but I dont see how that hurts the buyer at all?  Seems like now you can just bid on stuff you dont want and dont have to pay with no repercussions.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@bambam0013

What you do is use the tools eBay has given you. As a seller, you can block anyone with 2 or more strikes against them. This is actually much better than giving a buyer a neg: no need to check a buyer's account, no need to worry about a BIN or snipe. It's automatically done.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

And what good did negative feedback for a buyer ever really do? Other than giving the seller a vengeful little grin?

Buyers getting negatives get angry and go elsewhere. And, believe it or not, a lot of sellers gave negatives to buyers who didn't deserve them.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Most sellers don't get a chance to look at buyer feedback before the sale is made. Back in the day a lot of bad sellers left feedback for buyers who did not deserve it.

Those sellers lost you your negative feedback privilege.

If you've ever changed your mind and returned something to the store then you have done a similar thing to your nonpaying bidder. People change their minds.

I think negatives should be reserved for scammers. That includes scammer sellers as well as scammer buyers.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As others have said, by opening and closing UPI cases and closing them, buyers get an unseen strike on their account. If they make a habit of it then their buying will be limited. EBay is not into sanctioning or limiting buyers unless there are substantial reasons.

You asked about the point of feedback. For buyers it helps them see other buyers opinions of a seller they may want to do business with. For sellers, it gives them a close look into the feedback buyers leave for sellers. We use this all the time and sometimes find buyers we would not want to do business with

Feedback is far less important than it used to be....It is, after all just someone's opinion

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

There are consequences for not paying.  When a seller has their block up to block those with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in a year, those buyers cannot buy from most ebay sellers for a year.

Sellers need to open an Unpaid Item Dispute and when it closes with no payment, the buyer gets a strike.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply