cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers Driving me Crazy

Am I the only one having a sea of terrible buyers. Have gotten 4 false feedback in 1+ month and about had it. Reported all to eBay Has anyone heard of postal damage in this world!

About had it with eBay if this is the guy of people whom buy on here!

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Buyers Driving me Crazy

Have not been name calling anyone specific on this forum. And I am certainly an adult I laugh I have been on eBay more years then many members have been alive. It makes me feel old. That and my students one whose mom I had my first year working at the preschool. Still crying over the negative though. Sales are way down and worried about that which makes it worse. How one person can ruin someone with bad feedback.

Message 31 of 52
latest reply

The tape one made no sense. 

You can tell he did not look at box. It is a box meant to fit cassette tapes tightly so very little to no room for anything but the tape. Tried to add what I could but more then two pieces would not fit everything burst out of the sides of the box. The sides fold into the middle part. It is an interesting box. Tried to nicely explain that but nothing happened. 

Message 32 of 52
latest reply

Yes, that is why I keep all reciepts for next springs taxes.

Message 33 of 52
latest reply

@ellenshideout wrote:

Packaging is fine  buyers are the ones with a problem. Use excellent packaging people are just idiots!

So buyers are "idiots" for wanting their item to arrive undamaged?  Wow!  Yes they have a problem, they paid for an undamaged item and received a damaged one. This is 100% on you. Digging in your heels, blaming everyone else, and insisting your packaging it perfect will not help you going forward. You will continue to have issues with damaged items leading to more negative and neutral feedback.

If USPS is damaging your packaging, you need to package differently. Instead of attacking the buyers contact them and find out exactly how it was damaged and get pictures if you can. This will help with how you can alter the way you package.

Message 34 of 52
latest reply

Arrrgh. Negative feedback over a $0.99 item with free shipping? If these were the good old days where buyers ID's were visible, I would put the buyer on my blocked list. 

Message 35 of 52
latest reply

I have tried to asking but none ever answer. If they do not I do not try again. Not sure how packaging could be better. Pack well packaged and in the appropriate way. Package like I have for many years. Gotta be US PS since never had many problems before lately and no difference in how I ship. Good grief I learned how to pack from someone whom does it for a living! 

One bad was scritly for box having only a little paper inside, totally forgetting that why that is is since their is only room for that, barely!

Give refunds when everything in my body says not to, but I try to be nice. Some people have gotten damaged but were understanding and let me know without bad feedback.

Message 36 of 52
latest reply

Plus, co-run and do all of the shipping for two other accounts and have for years. 

USPS has been lately, its weird how fine for many years and now damaged. Something is going on with USPS>

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

And eating some since need pictures if want claim on negative feedback guy and to afraid to. Not in mood for more nastiness on his end. But I also need the money. Tough spot since I did refund his money.

Message 38 of 52
latest reply

I read the negative and I would say, when one sells items for $1.00 that's a high risk for a negative. Its risk and reward. Thats my personal opinion. A couple of neutrals, I don't care if I did everything right it can happen with buyers nowadays. Good luck out there!

Message 39 of 52
latest reply

USPS. I certainly am not USPS. Been doing this for years mailing exact same way and in 15ish years maybe 1 issue not 4 in 1+ month. When I mailed a bunch of items today lady even said yea we have been rough on packages lately. And I had not said a word about this issue. Gave me my internal laugh for the day. 

Message 40 of 52
latest reply

I am curious why would you consider $1 high risk for a negative?

Message 41 of 52
latest reply

One was for lack of packaging others damage in shipping. 

Literally for only two pieces of paper in very small box that had very little extra room for paper.

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

If your packaging sucks, pad more. If your buyers suck, sell more. Sell more, have more / better transactions and you'll feel better. One bad egg can ruin our days/weeks/months. Then you do X more sales and deal with X more buyers and you realize its that bad egg, not you.

Recently sold a coin set where i double-bubble wrapped the set (usually only single wrap it, but just felt like it this time) amd put it in a flat rate padded envelope that was doubled over itself since so much extra space.

The back side of the outer packaging/box had a small dent. Most people would not go as far as to call it a defect let alone a "minor defect". Probably half my current stock of these has small dents like that. It's just something you should expect, a pristine box is not common and literally its the outer box, it has minimal value to begin with, and its a dent not a tear or stain ... its like a tear in an old proof set envelope, they're a dime a dozen, it's what you get when they are 40-50 years old.

Buyer assumed the dent happened in shipping (HAHA yeah right, that dent was there...nothing was going to happen to a triple padded rigid item.). Felt the need to tell me & leave in my feedback that I need to take more care and use a box. .... also told me he would be ditching the box anyways to get the coins graded. So he never cared about the box anyway but was upset that it was "damaged in shipping". Didn't occur in shipping, and it isn't a considerable defect, literally doesn't rise to the level of noting especially in stock listings. 

Also, ask anyone in my family, they think I'm nuts for the lengths I go in packaging my stuff. I think this was the only buyer to complain about packaging... except the guy who thought a small paper envelope would scratch a $20 coin.........cuz paper scratches metal...yea....right....

You just have thick skin and move on. Can't please everyone. 

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

@ellenshideout 

99 cents and free shipping. There is no money to be made there. It probably cost more than 99 cents to ship it. Then eBay gets about 14 cents from you for fees. There is also a 30 cent non refundable processing fee. 

Someone who ‘needs the money’ should be selling items where the buyers payment is about $20, not less than one dollar. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 44 of 52
latest reply

Wow, I am sorry that happened to you. 

I am already rethinking packaging of course right after I bought a bunch of bubble mailers. But do have lots of boxes in different sizes coming. 

It is tough 2 other accounts I co-run have been doing well and just started. My family has had one but new to eBay for many years. Learned alot from a brother whom is a small business owner and sells on eBay to.

I laugh I am finally using my Business Degree again. I hope to stay doing this at least the banknotes and cards items. They are easy to ship and take up a lot less space. My parents are downsizing and I am going to sell some stuff on eBay for them. So I need to grow some thick skin is for sure.

Message 45 of 52
latest reply