cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers Driving me Crazy

Am I the only one having a sea of terrible buyers. Have gotten 4 false feedback in 1+ month and about had it. Reported all to eBay Has anyone heard of postal damage in this world!

About had it with eBay if this is the guy of people whom buy on here!

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Buyers Driving me Crazy

@ellenshideout wrote:

Packaging is fine  buyers are the ones with a problem. people are just idiots!

OK, please explain. How can a buyer be an idiot because they receive a damaged item ?

Message 16 of 52
latest reply

@ellenshideout wrote:

Sellers mail out so what USPS does is 100% not our fault!

You really need to take a step back instead of blaming USPS. Better packaging would most likely result in the USPS not damaging your items.

Message 17 of 52
latest reply

@ellenshideout wrote:

Calling bubble mailers poor packaging. Says all you need to know about buyer!

What are you putting into a bubble mailer ? In certain instances bubble mailers will definitely result in poor packing. Is there a stiff padding on both sides of the item in it to prevent bending ?

Message 18 of 52
latest reply

A Fine example of Sarcasm!

Message 19 of 52
latest reply

Necklace missing 2 crystals. If they were not missing before you shipped, it's highly unlikely they would come out if the item was wrapped in bubble then put in a box. How was the necklace packed?

Two claims of improper packing on cassette tapes from two different buyers. Points to a pattern of items not being packed well. In a box is great. With 2 pieces of paper? Not sure what that means - could the paper have flattened and tapes shifted around getting banged up inside the box? Sounds like that's what happened. Look into getting bubble wrap and the type of filler material you're using in those boxes for fewer damage claims.

Stuffed animal shipped in a bubble mailer? Should go in a box to avoid damage.

Buyer complained of fur, you said you have no animals, but your profile pic shows cats. Doesn't necessarily mean you have cats, but outward appearance looks odd.

Generally when sellers speak of consistent shipping damage reports, the cause is the way items are packed. Sellers here are very knowledgable and would be happy to share packing tips if that holds interest for you @ellenshideout . Why not post a list a few items you regularly sell and ask others how they would pack them to see if there's room for improvement in your process? Better than staying up all night crying.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 20 of 52
latest reply

@ellenshideout 

Sorry for your situation.  Name calling in multiple replies is frowned upon on this forum.  No one here caused your unfortunate situation.  We're all adults here...well most of us.  Please be respectful of the community forum.  Thanks. 

Message 21 of 52
latest reply

Serious question:

Are you aware of how much money you're losing selling cassette tapes for $1 / free shipping and DVDs $4 & under / free shipping and 6 VHS tapes $3 / free shipping (and the list goes on)?

Even the bank notes and trading cards at $1 / free shipping will result in a monetary loss unless you're consistently selling multiples in a single order.

If you would like help figuring out the loss with eBay fees and shipping, let us know. In the meantime, I suggest carefully reviewing this page:

https://www.ebay.com/mes/transactionlist?sh=true

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 22 of 52
latest reply

@ellenshideout wrote:

Leaving for damage in shipping is dumb and poor buyers that is for sure. Sellers mail out so what USPS does is 100% not our fault!

We have shipped out over 500,000...yes 1/2 million packages all over the USA and other countries and rarely and I mean rarely ever had a package damaged in shipping. Even large breakable items arriving without damage.

If you have had 4 in the small amount of sales you do then I'd say your packaging does lack somewhere.

Message 23 of 52
latest reply

The cat in my profile pic is from my local rescue center.  I used to volunteer there and took pics of the residents but not since COVID. Others in my house have allergies to many animals so that is how I see them. Only interaction is with neighborhood cat outside. 

Message 24 of 52
latest reply

Picture is 6 years old. I keep meaning to change it. But the cat is my favorite animal I ever help to socialize.

Message 25 of 52
latest reply

Banknotes and cards ship for 36 cents since that is how much I pay for a stamp. They are put in regular envelopes in a protective sleeve or card protector depending on the item.

Message 26 of 52
latest reply

Cat is one I was especially fond of when I volunteered at local no kill shelter from 6 years ago. Have not gone in over 3 years. Cant have pets because of allergies in family so that was my fun time.

They are about to complete a new larger shelter this fall so I hope to go back then to help socialize the cats and occasional walking of a dog.

Message 27 of 52
latest reply

They are well packaged and lady at US today when mailing stuff even said we damage alot of packages. Almost bit my tongue to not giggle.

Message 28 of 52
latest reply

Stuff I put in bubble mailers can not bend or way to little. Anything that can bend aka banknotes and cards are put in things to protect them in shipping.

Message 29 of 52
latest reply

@ellenshideout wrote:

Banknotes and cards ship for 36 cents since that is how much I pay for a stamp. They are put in regular envelopes in a protective sleeve or card protector depending on the item.

Great - let's break that down. Item sells for $1.00 free ship. Since you have a store the FVF is 12.35% (or 13.25% if you have a Starter store).

Fees = $0.30 fixed, $0.12 variable (or $0.13 if you have a starter store), $0.36 postage stamp = balance $0.22 (or $0.21) to cover the cost of the item, envelope/packaging, piece of the store subscription fee, and your time spent listing and shipping.

You are most likely losing money on the cassette tapes for $1 / free shipping and DVDs $4 & under / free shipping and 6 VHS tapes $3 / free shipping, etc. Even if you ship media mail rate, that's $3.92 just for the postage on the lighter weight items - higher on the 6pk VHS.

GLORIOUS!

Message 30 of 52
latest reply