cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers Driving me Crazy

Am I the only one having a sea of terrible buyers. Have gotten 4 false feedback in 1+ month and about had it. Reported all to eBay Has anyone heard of postal damage in this world!

About had it with eBay if this is the guy of people whom buy on here!

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyers Driving me Crazy

If your packaging sucks, pad more. If your buyers suck, sell more. Sell more, have more / better transactions and you'll feel better. One bad egg can ruin our days/weeks/months. Then you do X more sales and deal with X more buyers and you realize its that bad egg, not you.

Recently sold a coin set where i double-bubble wrapped the set (usually only single wrap it, but just felt like it this time) amd put it in a flat rate padded envelope that was doubled over itself since so much extra space.

The back side of the outer packaging/box had a small dent. Most people would not go as far as to call it a defect let alone a "minor defect". Probably half my current stock of these has small dents like that. It's just something you should expect, a pristine box is not common and literally its the outer box, it has minimal value to begin with, and its a dent not a tear or stain ... its like a tear in an old proof set envelope, they're a dime a dozen, it's what you get when they are 40-50 years old.

Buyer assumed the dent happened in shipping (HAHA yeah right, that dent was there...nothing was going to happen to a triple padded rigid item.). Felt the need to tell me & leave in my feedback that I need to take more care and use a box. .... also told me he would be ditching the box anyways to get the coins graded. So he never cared about the box anyway but was upset that it was "damaged in shipping". Didn't occur in shipping, and it isn't a considerable defect, literally doesn't rise to the level of noting especially in stock listings. 

Also, ask anyone in my family, they think I'm nuts for the lengths I go in packaging my stuff. I think this was the only buyer to complain about packaging... except the guy who thought a small paper envelope would scratch a $20 coin.........cuz paper scratches metal...yea....right....

You just have thick skin and move on. Can't please everyone. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 43 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Kind of. I hate typoese.

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

I think you hit a bad patch - some of that feedback is, well, weird.  You responded to your neg very well.

Just keep going. In these bad patches I always check my processes to make sure my quality control is good, descriptions good, etc., I might change some things or try to improve a process. Outside of that, just keep chugging along - selling online can try the toughest nerves.

ETA: What's that little critter in your avatar? Is it a cat with really big ears?

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 52
latest reply

@ellenshideout wrote:

Am I the only one having a sea of terrible buyers. Have gotten 4 false feedback in 1+ month and about had it. Reported all to eBay Has anyone heard of postal damage in this world!

If you have gotten 4 "false feedback" that were all the result of postal damage, I would suggest that you need to improve your packaging. 

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

Does not seem to be a problem with your buyers. Obvious that it is a problem with your packaging.

Receiving damaged merchandise as a buyer is a bad buying experience. You are lucky the buyers did not leave more negatives.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 52
latest reply

@ellenshideout wrote:

Kind of. I hate typoese.

🤣

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

Buyers drive me crazy also.

They expect to receive their items without any damage.

Can't ebay do anything about this?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 52
latest reply

So what you are exepriencing is a mix of issues.   Since you are selling paper....first thing I suggest is that you get a whole pile of USPS envelopes and cut them up to put the money between.  About .05 difference is shipping cost and a lot less grief.

Secondly.....yup USPS has gotten really bad.....but they are the only option for what you are selling.

Laslty......buyers can be difficult.......in my 24 years of selling I have never seen as many scammers and nasty buyer as there are now.

HK

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

Paper is not the issue, mail them all in protective sleeves meant for paper money. It is others. 

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

Packaging is fine  buyers are the ones with a problem. Use excellent packaging people are just idiots!

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

Leaving for damage in shipping is dumb and poor buyers that is for sure. Sellers mail out so what USPS does is 100% not our fault!

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

They need do since Postal Damage after all is 100% USPS fault since occured with them!

Wish I could still leave neagtive feedback for buyers in response. 

One takes the cake. Calling bubble mailers poor packaging. Says all you need to know about buyer!

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

Use only bubble mailers, and thick boxes, nothing to improve in the slightest just buyers! More mad then last night been crying most of the night and no sleep. 

And protective for mailing banknotes and sports cards.

So USPS is the issue.

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

Been up crying all night and no sleep and have to go to my day job that restarted this week. Am a preschool teacher. For my real job. This is just a side gig. Not much to change package well, got bad feedback for quality packaging says how crazy buyers have gotten. Bubble mailers protective sleeves and sturdy boxes with lots of filler!

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

@ellenshideout wrote:

Packaging is fine  buyers are the ones with a problem. Use excellent packaging people are just idiots!

The buyers are causing the "postage damage" you mentioned in your initial post?

Message 15 of 52
latest reply