cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants refund usps says delivered

Usps says item was delivered to "parcel locker". Buyer says he went to post office and they couldnt find it. I sent a reply asking him to talk to his route carrier and if they had no info to then talk to his post office manager and they would likely shed some light on its location. I sent that message on saturday, on monday morning i get a request for a refund so it appears buyer hasnt made any effort on his end to locate the package and theres not much I can do at this end to locate a package 2000 miles away from me. I could go to my post office but what are they going to do but tell me it was delivered? I have enough experience with the post office to know that package is there you just have to rsttle a few cages and get the names of who you talk to, and ultimately talk to the manager if necessary. Is ebay really going to make me give him a refund for the post offices screw up which buyer can probably solve at his end with a little effort? 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Buyer wants refund usps says delivered

I get my parcels dropped in an open tub on my home doorstep. The end scan is always "Delivered to a parcel locker." So this doesn't necessarily mean delivery to a cluster box unit.

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

If it's marked "delivered" your job is done.  You don't owe them anything more.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

@nederlander1 wrote:

I get my parcels dropped in an open tub on my home doorstep. The end scan is always "Delivered to a parcel locker."

That's an incorrect scan being used by your carrier. They should be using 'delivered to front door/porch'.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 33 of 34
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@nederlander1 wrote:

I get my parcels dropped in an open tub on my home doorstep. The end scan is always "Delivered to a parcel locker."

That's an incorrect scan being used by your carrier. They should be using 'delivered to front door/porch'.

Our carrier is so precise that if he hands me the packages instead of putting them in the box because I happened to be standing nearby at the time, he'll log the delivery using the "delivered to an individual at the address" choice on his scanner.

Message 34 of 34
latest reply