cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opened a case for wrong item received and blamed Fedex tampered and resealed the package.

Being like an ebay seller for years and this is my first time experiencing a case like that. This is what happened, buyer purchased a high value purse from me on 8/10/17, and the item was delivered on 8/16/17 by Fedex. She request for awrong item sent return request on 8/21/17, her message was like this : "The bag I ve received is different than what was purchased, the package seems to be tampered with and resealed, the package was attempted a delivery on 8/15 but not successfully, then it was held at the FedEx facility for a day before the final delivery attempt. Something might have happened during transit. I need to return the item for a full refund. Thanks". She uploaded three photos, first photo with a Fedex label cut in the middle, second photo with a "blue handbag" (which is not the original item) inside the carton box, third photo with a carton box cut opened on the side. I was helpless and uploaded all my pictures of how I packed my purse and the printed receipt I got from Fedex office. I firstly contacted ebay but they wanted me wait for three days before they can step into the case, I also called Fedex claim department for a case opened so they can do investigation. I filed an online police report in the city of the buyer is living. I worry that with all the edvidences and proofs that I uploaded still not get to help me to with the case, please give me some advises, thank you!

Message 1 of 512
latest reply
511 REPLIES 511

Re: Buyer opened a case for wrong item received and blamed Fedex tampered and resealed the package.

I didn't go to kinko to print an label, I printed myself at home. I just dropped my package off there and have FedEx people scaned the package so I can get a printed receipt.
Message 76 of 512
latest reply

Re: Buyer opened a case for wrong item received and blamed Fedex tampered and resealed the package.

@oldngold wrote:
Unfortunately this happens more frequently than any of us (especially ebay) want to admit. Theft is permissible by Paypal. I sold a gold coin years ago for $2000, Buyer receives and sends back a $1 coin, worth $1. Paypal blames ebay, ebay blames paypal. I file charges against her (in Missouri) with sheriff, county police, state police, my state and city police, internet fraud division. All tell me there is nothing I can do except go after pp for removing the funds. Detective in her town tells me she has done this before but no one can prove what they sent her, isn't what she sent back.
It's unfortunate, the few thieves on ebay disgrace the name completely. Good Luck! I hope you don't lose the money or the case. File complaints with your attorney general's office as well as in her state and put the onus on pp... after all, pp will remove the money from your account.

Exactly, which is why it truly is a he said/she said situation.

YES, buyers AND sellers scam each other, but PROVING it is virtually impossible. Smiley Sad

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 77 of 512
latest reply

However by dragging FedEx in to the mix, the buyer may have made a fatal mistake if FedEx says they delivered it 100% intact
Message 78 of 512
latest reply

@dakotasmoke wrote:
However by dragging FedEx in to the mix, the buyer may have made a fatal mistake if FedEx says they delivered it 100% intact

Yep, this is the only thing that will save the OP.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 79 of 512
latest reply

Good Girl--Now do not give up, keep getting the info you need to get this taken care of. We all want to know how this turns out for you and wish you a happy ending to this mess.

Message 80 of 512
latest reply

It is true that most transactions here go well with no problems, but when you are selling high priced designer items and other types of high scam items it is a challenge for most people on the internet in general because there is always a risk you are going to get the wrong person, meaning a scam artist purchasing these items. May small sellers just cannot take this kind of risk. The authentication service that Ebay will be offering could help with this BUT, as I have read ,there is still no clause that I know of that says that if a return happens these items have to be inspected again by the authenticator as the buyer could still pull a switcheroo on a return. I would not use this service if I was not quarenteed that I would get my original item back.

Message 81 of 512
latest reply

I'm just thinking as a normal person, if one day I received a wrong item from what I purchased, I would call eBay and open a case right away and not just request for a return and refund, I wouldn't wait a sec to report the incident. And this buyer were totally ignored my messages since the day one. That's really strange!
Message 82 of 512
latest reply

Your buyer might be cornfused you've using 4 different mailing addresses and they might not know which one they need to contact....

Message 83 of 512
latest reply

@sdh2fbik2o wrote:
I'm just thinking as a normal person, if one day I received a wrong item from what I purchased, I would call eBay and open a case right away and not just request for a return and refund, I wouldn't wait a sec to report the incident. And this buyer were totally ignored my messages since the day one. That's really strange!

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'd be waiting with bated breath for the sellers contacts and immediately reply  if it was this much money on the line and the item was genuinely switched.

It's appalling how so many people don't think twice about scamming others! It's truly pathetic!!

I must say that items of this nature attract those with ill intentions when sold here. If I had the $$ and desire to purchase posh items I'd do so in person, where I could be assured of what I was receiving. Actually, even if I had the money for designer items I wouldn't buy them. I'd rather give the $ to needy charity than $6000 on a purse! But to each their own.

Message 84 of 512
latest reply

She might have many many fake accounts so she can scam ppl.
Message 85 of 512
latest reply

she just opened an case and ask ebay to step in!
Message 86 of 512
latest reply

You need to make sure it does not time out.

So you have to get your ducks in a row.

When is the fed ex inspector coming out to examine the package?

You may need to contact ebay, give them a timetable, and ask for an extention.

Message 87 of 512
latest reply

Has anyone flagged ebay staff for this post???   I don't want to read thru 5 pages to find out..................

heidi@ebay          trinton@ebay               

can you help?

Message 88 of 512
latest reply

this is what's from the buyer "I need to return the item for a refund since it is different than what I ve ordered, it is the seller s responsibility to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of the item." I have 5 days to get the report from Fedex, and the the department close that I have to call them again in order to trace the case.
Message 89 of 512
latest reply

she opened the case today, and sent me this "I need to return the item for a refund since it is different than what I ve ordered, it is the seller s responsibility to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of the item." and also saying she can't work things out with the seller which is me.
Message 90 of 512
latest reply