cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling problems

Here's my issue.

I had 2 items that sold to two different people. I put stamps on them (no tracking) and I've been doing it that way with no problems. Well its been 10 days since I shipped and both are saying they haven't received the packages. I don't have any money on PayPal and I'm broke. What should I do????? 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Selling problems

@jlove1985

Respond to them with a request to give it a few more days. Some mail has been slow in many areas. Assure them that you are not ignoring them.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Selling problems

Put money in PayPal and refund. You won't win an item not received case
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Selling problems

Stall.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Selling problems

@jlove1985

Respond to them with a request to give it a few more days. Some mail has been slow in many areas. Assure them that you are not ignoring them.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Selling problems

Refund and use tracking in the future.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Selling problems

I see three sales of US coins, $30, $30 and $150

You didn't really send any of those with stamps and no tracking, did you?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Selling problems

@jlove1985

No tracking = no proof,

No proof = no win for you

No money in bank = bank overdrafts, ( and, or ebay/ PP slap down )

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Selling problems

The 150 I did do tracking on that one. But the two 30 dollar ones I used stamps. In never sending out a package again without tracking. That's for sure
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Selling problems

Once the buyer knows there is no tracking, he can always claim no delivery, and knows the seller will never be able to prove it has been delivered. Always get tracking. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Selling problems

What I had going was pretty good with just putting stamps on instead having to go to the post office. It was how I was able to do free shipping
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Selling problems

Print your postage through ebay
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Selling problems

jlove1985 wrote:
What I had going was pretty good with just putting stamps on instead having to go to the post office. It was how I was able to do free shipping

What you had going was pretty dangerous, and now you know why. 

Those shipments may well have been delivered (as almost every single piece of mail is, with very few pieces of mail ever actually lost)   Those buyers may well be enjoying their purchases at this very moment, while telling you that they never received their items and want their money back!!!

And you have NO way to prove they got their purchases.  You didn't get tracking.  You saved a couple of bucks on the front end and now may have to refund the buyers for everything.  (There are plenty of buyers that know if you mail without tracking, you can't prove they are lying about not receiving their purchase, and all they have to do is file a claim against you, and they'll win.)  Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Selling problems

I mean, I ship all my stuff without tracking, but I don't have anything over $5.00 and the potential for loss is written into my business strategy. I wouldn't ship anything over a few bucks without tracking.

You don't have a choice, if they open a case, you will have to refund. But that doesn't mean you can't do what sam suggested. I've done it before and it worked (they said they got the items), but if they open a case, you are stuck.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Selling problems

@ripcityresell wrote:
I mean, I ship all my stuff without tracking, but I don't have anything over $5.00 and the potential for loss is written into my business strategy. I wouldn't ship anything over a few bucks without tracking.

My ceiling is slightly higher, but same here. I ship by letter mail when possible if the value is less than $15. But if it's more valuable, I'm sticking it in a bubble mailer with some cardboard and calling it a package.

I have no regrets about this strategy, but the potential for loss is something you have to be aware of and factor into your plans.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply