cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opened a case for wrong item received and blamed Fedex tampered and resealed the package.

Being like an ebay seller for years and this is my first time experiencing a case like that. This is what happened, buyer purchased a high value purse from me on 8/10/17, and the item was delivered on 8/16/17 by Fedex. She request for awrong item sent return request on 8/21/17, her message was like this : "The bag I ve received is different than what was purchased, the package seems to be tampered with and resealed, the package was attempted a delivery on 8/15 but not successfully, then it was held at the FedEx facility for a day before the final delivery attempt. Something might have happened during transit. I need to return the item for a full refund. Thanks". She uploaded three photos, first photo with a Fedex label cut in the middle, second photo with a "blue handbag" (which is not the original item) inside the carton box, third photo with a carton box cut opened on the side. I was helpless and uploaded all my pictures of how I packed my purse and the printed receipt I got from Fedex office. I firstly contacted ebay but they wanted me wait for three days before they can step into the case, I also called Fedex claim department for a case opened so they can do investigation. I filed an online police report in the city of the buyer is living. I worry that with all the edvidences and proofs that I uploaded still not get to help me to with the case, please give me some advises, thank you!

Message 1 of 512
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Buyer opened a case for wrong item received and blamed Fedex tampered and resealed the package.

@repairelectronics wrote:

@missjen316 wrote:

Unfortunately paypal is the payment processor here. If you have your own merchant professor, you get to deal with the credit card company yourself and give your side of the story. With PayPal they are the middle man and you are at their mercy. 

Is your credit card from Gilligan's Island?

I would hope that PayPal doesn't just roll over on defending a chargeback, I suspect the major credit card companies wield a tad bit more power than a little 50 billion dollar company like PayPal.

Autocorrect. Was supposed to be "processor". Paypal doesn't offer seller protection on SNADS so what does that say to you? They don't make much effort fighting them, they've said that chargebacks cost them money. They tend to let the credit card company call the shots. And if the card issuer chooses to honor the c/b, paypal takes the loss if its for unauthorized use/INR and the seller has proof of shipment/delivery.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 473 of 512
latest reply
511 REPLIES 511

Oh my stars!!  That isn't for the $6000.00 Chanel?? Is it??

I hope & pray it isn't... It sounds like you have a scamming buyer and there's not much you can do about it...

I'm so sorry! 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 512
latest reply

It seems that if the package had been cut open with obvious signs of tamperig that Fed Ex would have put a note or something to indicate that on the package. Tell the buyer you would like to see an official something from Fed Ex showing that the package was stamped as damaged. Second, tell the buyer that you are going to have Fed Ex do an investigtion of the damage. WAIT THEN AND SEE WHAT THE BUYER WILL DO OR IF THEY WILL REPLY TO THAT. 

Message 3 of 512
latest reply

Not a lot can be done and the outcome is not going to be good....

Message 4 of 512
latest reply

Oh Lord Pika, I hope not too for her. Still she needs to get Extremely proactive which I believe she has by filing the police reports. She needs to get Fed Ex to review this.

Message 5 of 512
latest reply

Oh yes something could be done. Please do not discourage this buyer.

Message 6 of 512
latest reply

I meant seller.

Message 7 of 512
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

Oh Lord Pika, I hope not too for her. Still she needs to get Extremely proactive which I believe she has by filing the police reports. She needs to get Fed Ex to review this.

I know! It isn't even my money and I am freaking out..

I'm going to ping the OP, just in case...  @sdh2fbik2o

Oh man.. I hope that isn't the bag- Smiley Indifferent

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 8 of 512
latest reply

IMO the buyer is staging it to look like it was tampered with.

Tell her she needs to keep all the boxes and packing material as Fed Ex is going to send out an inspector to examine it.  They will determine what happened.

Did she open a case yet?

Message 9 of 512
latest reply

Was the purse over $750.  If so then the buyer would have had to sign for it.

Why didn't she say something if it was so obvious the package was tampered with?

If it were me I would have rejected the package and made note with the carrier that there was a problem.

Message 10 of 512
latest reply

vintage you ever deal with ebay or paypal on a high claim item?

Message 11 of 512
latest reply

Yes, we had one awhile ago that was we got a courtesy refund from Ebay becuase the buyer sent back NOTHING. 

Message 12 of 512
latest reply

Picture they submitted with the said damage to the box could have be done by the buyer after the package was delivered. Again, get Fed Ex to report on the condition of the box when delivered. Again, large slashes in a box should have been labeled and identified before delivery. The whole held thing at the P.O. probably meant that the package needed a signature and the buyer had to pick it up if it was over 750.00.

Message 13 of 512
latest reply

Be interesting to see if they toss out a 6 grand courtesy refund...

Message 14 of 512
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Be interesting to see if they toss out a 6 grand courtesy refund...

Yeah, I'm thinking ,,,, NO.

Where IS the OP???

@sdh2fbik2o  Please come back! Do NOT ask eBay to step in!!  Do NOT! They will force your hand..

There's not much you can do as it is but don't escalate this, at least NOT YET! 

~Pika~

Message 15 of 512
latest reply