cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer asking for overnight shipping on 3.99 item! lol!

Buyer (before purchase) I am needing this as quickly as possible. This shipping method is fine (1st class), but will you be able to mail it tomorrow morning if I purchase. I realize it is a holiday, but mail at some locations is picked up. Please check to see if Priority shows any quicker delivery.
We mail by First Class most of our things and it seems to go as quickly as Priority. Our zip is 47630 to check the cost for priority.
Thank you

Me - Seller : Hi, I would not be able to mail this until Tuesday. Our 2 local PO do not pick up tomorrow. I have added Priority Mail if you would want to pay extra for Priority. Thank you, Kathy

Buyer (before purchase): Thank you again for your response. I will definitely purchase these, but if I cannot receive them by Wednesday night, I will then have to ship them when I do receive them. If you can find a method to ship them that I will receive them by Wednesday night for a Charge of $25 or less for the shipping, I would gladly pay it in order to have these to take on the trip with us to deliver in person as a little I love you gift for a senior aunt that is having a very difficult time. She loves angels but she doesn't have space to
sit any, but she does have a refrigerator in her room, that we could put these on for her to enjoy and it would be a gift that shows her that we love her. Something for the wall has been ruled out, so these will be a perfect gift. Thanks again,

Buyer: Thank you so much for your response.
Could these go in a padded envelope or least expensive way to ship them by overnight.... and what would the overnight cost be for shipping with USPS
and FedEx and any source you can think of for overnight or one day delivery.
My Zip is 47630 and we need to have it by Wednesday night. Do you know of any store that may sell them in our local area....

Me (seller): Good morning. Unfortunately, overnight cost anywhere from 25 to 40 dollars! I don't offer overnight on my listings because I also pay ebay fees on the shipping paid by the buyer. I can not guarantee you would definitely get them by Wednesday with Priority Mail. I got these awhile back so I don't think they are available at any store. Kathy

Buyer: I have purchased paying the shipping amount shown (they picked 1st class instead of the Priority) ....Please ship overnight if possible and I will send you the balance for the amount charged for Overnight shipping to us if less than $25 for the shipping cost.
A padded Envelope would work best if it protects them enough. Overnight for envelopes is less than packages. We appreciate your help in this matter.

Me (seller): I am sorry but I cannot ship overnight. If this is a problem please cancel the order. Thank you, Kathy

Buyer: Ok, We'll ship when it arrives after our trip if she is still alive.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Buyer asking for overnight shipping on 3.99 item! lol!

@kdwhalen2013 wrote:

Buyer: I have purchased paying the shipping amount shown (they picked 1st class instead of the Priority) ....Please ship overnight if possible and I will send you the balance for the amount charged for Overnight shipping to us if less than $25 for the shipping cost.

That's asking for something not included in the listing and, since eBay charges a FVF on shipping, it can also be construed as Fee Avoidance too.

I'd cancel and refund.

VintageCarMagazines

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

You haven't ticked off any vindictive nutjobs recently have you? 

This sounds like somebody trying to hurt you- Tiny lil purchase HUGE extra shipping charge, will pay after..

That sets off alarms- they can buy from The River and have stuff shipped in a day without $25 extra fees..

It's strange to say the least..

Good Luck.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Buyer: Ok, We'll ship when it arrives after our trip if she is still alive.

She could have it buried with her.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

@kdwhalen2013 wrote:

Buyer: I have purchased paying the shipping amount shown (they picked 1st class instead of the Priority) ....

On this particular point, they may not have actually seen the Priority option. eBay will not show that to the buyer if its Estimated Day of Delivery is no better than the First Class Package method. Given that it's only relatively recently that the USPS has started slow-walking their FCP mail, eBay may not yet have noticed that Priority is now a quicker method than before (relatively speaking). (That said, I tried plugging in your buyer's ZIP code in your listing that sold today, but that did not cause your Priority option to disappear, so I guess this is not an exact science.)

You were right to not be stampeded into overnight shipping; they may use that gambit on every seller. However, the mail is moving behind the scenes today, so if you can get your package into the lobby drop chute of your nearest post office (or maybe your biggest one, if there's a choice), then it might be traveling as soon as this evening.

Just as some data points: tracking of my weekend sales shows that the ones I got into our local PO before the last collection on Saturday were scanned in at our origin sort facility in Elk Grove Village (IL) this morning, an international package has left from O'Hare Airport today, a purchase of mine that was shipped to me by Priority was delivered to my house about 30 minutes ago, and several packages that I deposited via the Self Service Kiosk in the lobby yesterday and this morning were all scanned as Accepted by whoever emptied the drop box about 1:00 p.m. this afternoon.

So now that you've got your postage and a package that's ready to travel, I'd get that thing out of the house pronto, and see if that helps. Good luck.

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

It won't be a convoluted reason for return.   The reason will be the person it's intended for died. 

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

No, I don't think I ticked anyone off...but who knows these days...lol!

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

No I think they just wanted it by Wednesday to give to her. I think she is just an elderly aunt.

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

Two possible replies-

Dear Buyer,

I do not offer overnight shipping as it is cost prohibitive. I hope you can find something locally to meet your needs.

Dear Buyer,

How long will your trip last? You can enter your aunt's address at checkout and the package may arrive while you're still there.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

No I just think it was an elderly aunt.

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

they may not have actually seen the Priority option. eBay will not show that to the buyer if its Estimated Day of Delivery is no better than the First Class Package method.

@a_c_green- eBay finally backtracked on their decision to hide shipping options! It was a big help with my Mother's Day sales.

April 6 announcement-

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/More-available-shipping-options-are-shown-to-buyers/ba-p...

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

I wish I had thought of asking her to put her aunt's address in. Hopefully I will remember if this happens again.

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@a_c_green- eBay finally backtracked on their decision to hide shipping options! It was a big help with my Mother's Day sales.

April 6 announcement-

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/More-available-shipping-options-are-shown-to-buyers/ba-p...

Oh, good; thanks for that... 😊

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

You don't see that last sentence as kind of a guilt trip for the seller if he doesn't knock himself out to ship so this aunt will receive it on time? 

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

@kdwhalen2013 wrote:

Me (seller): Good morning. Unfortunately, overnight cost anywhere from 25 to 40 dollars! I don't offer overnight on my listings because I also pay ebay fees on the shipping paid by the buyer. I can not guarantee you would definitely get them by Wednesday with Priority Mail. I got these awhile back so I don't think they are available at any store. Kathy

For future reference, if you offer a cheaper shipping method and a more expensive method. Say First Class Package vs Priority or Next Day.

The fees eBay charges will be based on the cheaper method if they chose the more expensive option. But if you only offered Next Day. The fees would be based on that.

Having said that. Probably best you don't in this case. Something about it makes my Spidey sense go off.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

If this had been last June and it had been a roll of toilet paper, I would have understood.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 30 of 34
latest reply