cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer asking for overnight shipping on 3.99 item! lol!

Buyer (before purchase) I am needing this as quickly as possible. This shipping method is fine (1st class), but will you be able to mail it tomorrow morning if I purchase. I realize it is a holiday, but mail at some locations is picked up. Please check to see if Priority shows any quicker delivery.
We mail by First Class most of our things and it seems to go as quickly as Priority. Our zip is 47630 to check the cost for priority.
Thank you

Me - Seller : Hi, I would not be able to mail this until Tuesday. Our 2 local PO do not pick up tomorrow. I have added Priority Mail if you would want to pay extra for Priority. Thank you, Kathy

Buyer (before purchase): Thank you again for your response. I will definitely purchase these, but if I cannot receive them by Wednesday night, I will then have to ship them when I do receive them. If you can find a method to ship them that I will receive them by Wednesday night for a Charge of $25 or less for the shipping, I would gladly pay it in order to have these to take on the trip with us to deliver in person as a little I love you gift for a senior aunt that is having a very difficult time. She loves angels but she doesn't have space to
sit any, but she does have a refrigerator in her room, that we could put these on for her to enjoy and it would be a gift that shows her that we love her. Something for the wall has been ruled out, so these will be a perfect gift. Thanks again,

Buyer: Thank you so much for your response.
Could these go in a padded envelope or least expensive way to ship them by overnight.... and what would the overnight cost be for shipping with USPS
and FedEx and any source you can think of for overnight or one day delivery.
My Zip is 47630 and we need to have it by Wednesday night. Do you know of any store that may sell them in our local area....

Me (seller): Good morning. Unfortunately, overnight cost anywhere from 25 to 40 dollars! I don't offer overnight on my listings because I also pay ebay fees on the shipping paid by the buyer. I can not guarantee you would definitely get them by Wednesday with Priority Mail. I got these awhile back so I don't think they are available at any store. Kathy

Buyer: I have purchased paying the shipping amount shown (they picked 1st class instead of the Priority) ....Please ship overnight if possible and I will send you the balance for the amount charged for Overnight shipping to us if less than $25 for the shipping cost.
A padded Envelope would work best if it protects them enough. Overnight for envelopes is less than packages. We appreciate your help in this matter.

Me (seller): I am sorry but I cannot ship overnight. If this is a problem please cancel the order. Thank you, Kathy

Buyer: Ok, We'll ship when it arrives after our trip if she is still alive.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Buyer asking for overnight shipping on 3.99 item! lol!

auctionpet
Guide

SMH!!!

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

You don't see that last sentence as kind of a guilt trip for the seller if he doesn't knock himself out to ship so this aunt will receive it on time? 

Exactly - I had typed something similar and deleted it off before - sorry, but who writes that?  And no offense to the OP, but if I'm headed out of town quickly to go see someone who might not be here much longer, my focus is not a $3.99 gift for them.  This whole thing just screams nutty for a $3.99 item.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 32 of 34
latest reply

I expect the OP will receive another chain of messages after the package arrives.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 33 of 34
latest reply

That has problem order/buyer written all over it.  You were MUCH more patient that I would have been with this.  After the second email I would have told them that I couldn't comply with their request and ask them to buy from someone else.  If they kept begging, on the BBL they would go.

Message 34 of 34
latest reply