cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy it now said good buy today!! So did my $$$

I've been selling for a long time. It is a hobby for me to sell, then take the $$ and turn around and buy something on Epay. Now there is no buy it now! I get 50 free listing  each month but now it will take 3 of those listings to keep an item on Epay for 30 days. Because of this I will only use my free listings. EBAY JUST LOST A LOT OF MY EBAY FINAL VALUE FEES BECAUSE IM ONLY GOING TO LIST 30% OF WHAT I HAVE IN THE PAST!

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Buy it now said good buy today!! So did my $$$

• 99% of your listings are fixed price already?
  • and you are already using more than the 50 free insertions?
  • I do not get what you are upset about?

If you do not list your items the buyers will just buy from another seller, so eBay will still get there FVF fees regardless who the buyer buys from.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

They wont be for long after they expire!!!!! Then I will have to make a choice sell for 10 days x3  or not. I will now only get to list 16.666 items per month for free vs 50 per month for free. If I go over that number they charge fees.

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

If you do not list your items the buyers will just buy from another seller, so eBay will still get there FVF fees regardless who the buyer buys from.

Good Luck Selling!

They wont be for long after they expire!!!!! Then I will have to make a choice sell for 10 days x3  or not. I will now only get to list 16.666 items per month for free vs 50 per month for free. If I go over that number they charge fees.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

@rushthecameraeye wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

Good Luck Selling!

Or you could list 45 to 50 items a month using GTC and have a higher chance of making a sale?  You should try many different strategies. 

• Keep the same 50 listing active for 90 days, then rotate. 
  • Try auctions if you want shorter time frames for your listings.
  • Maybe consider the new starter store?  less than 10.00 per month

Sounds like this is more than a hobby to me?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

I thought that Good Till Cancelled they charge you every month a fee for each listing. They give me 50 free each month. If I do not end listing, I can not list anymore. Unless they give me 50 free each month on top of what I already have listed. Then thats ok but I do not think that is what they do
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

The Good 'til Cancelled is the ONLY option for Buy It Now listings. With a basic store, I get 250 monthly listings. To avoid paying additional listing fees, I will now have to monitor my listings and cancel those before they end, to avoid going over. That is going to be a pain in the butt, but the WORST part about this, is when a listing ends and auto relists, it will NOT APPEAR as a new listing. It maintains its ORIGINAL listing date and time, so it will appear as 30 days ago, 60 days ago, 90 days ago, etc. When I search items, I look at newly listed, not stuff a month old. I am reconsidering continuing my 22 years with eBay after my store subscription expires in June.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Once in a blue moon, ebay does something nice for it's sellers, but it ALWAYS does something nice for ebay...And when one cannot opt-out of something, then one knows it is a definite win-win maneuver for ebay.  I have no clue how larger, non-store sellers are going to deal with this, time, and expense-wise...

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

@rushthecameraeye wrote:
I thought that Good Till Cancelled they charge you every month a fee for each listing. They give me 50 free each month. If I do not end listing, I can not list anymore. Unless they give me 50 free each month on top of what I already have listed. Then thats ok but I do not think that is what they do

GTC listings do have a insertion fee just like all listings but if you have 50 free, then you do not have any additional charges unless you go over your free amount.  You were talking about listing 15 to 20 listing for short time frames which is a good direction if you do auctions.  But buyers of non auctions are not really looking at or thinking about when this GTC listing will end?  Yes there is will be some but not in large numbers.  Buyers are here to buy what they want, so having a listing active for longer time frames will benefit the sellers.

Keep in mind eBay is moving into a cataloged shopping experience which means exact items and or items with very similar attributes will be shown together, so when an item is listed will not have much effect moving forward.  What will matter is if your item is active to be shown next to exact or very similar items.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

I am a larger store owner and I will tell you how I am going to deal with this 1) LIST LESS 2) Possibly Downgrade my store YET AGAIN, I was an Anchor store subscriber at one time for several years, I may cancel when my contract for PREMIUM is up at the end of April and drop down to Basic. 3) ONLY list GTC late at night on specific days, NO MORE listing 50-100 items a day every few hours during a 24 hr period. I am actually not LISTING ANY Fixed Price Listings today at all, 1st time in 6 years I am taking a day off so I KNOW when that one day comes on April 17th and I have NOTHING ENDING this is when I have to start ENDING LISTINGS MANUALLY ON day 29! 4) Continue with my other businesses in other areas and start ramping UP! This is just a start

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

So eBay will make less in fees because you're gonna list less, causing you to make fewer sales, thus the lower final value fees you'll be paying.....

Have you thought this through?  If your fees are half what they used to be, then your sales are half of what they used to be, and your profits are half of what they used to be........

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Thank you for your reply but obviously you didn't read my post. I sell on eBay to buy on eBay they are going to lose eBay fees twice I know I'm just a little peon and it's not going to Madeline the big world of eBay but I will do my part not to give eBay my money twice. This is a hobby not a business for me. Thanks for teaching me math.
Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

Good Luck Selling!

What Buyers??  Most of the buyers on Ebay are also Sellers which is why Ebay keeps losing market share as they leave and go to other sites.  

No Sales = No Buying

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

I just deleted over 100 items from my main buying account watch list. Your statement is FACT!

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

@twnpopcards wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

Good Luck Selling!

What Buyers??  Most of the buyers on Ebay are also Sellers which is why Ebay keeps losing market share as they leave and go to other sites.  

No Sales = No Buying

eBay has about 170 Million registered users and only about 25 Million registered sellers.  eBay also allows guest buyers so new users do not even need to register any longer.    Sorry but you need to rethink your most buyers are sellers theory.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 15 of 33
latest reply