cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy it now said good buy today!! So did my $$$

I've been selling for a long time. It is a hobby for me to sell, then take the $$ and turn around and buy something on Epay. Now there is no buy it now! I get 50 free listing  each month but now it will take 3 of those listings to keep an item on Epay for 30 days. Because of this I will only use my free listings. EBAY JUST LOST A LOT OF MY EBAY FINAL VALUE FEES BECAUSE IM ONLY GOING TO LIST 30% OF WHAT I HAVE IN THE PAST!

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Buy it now said good buy today!! So did my $$$

@mrhws wrote:

The Good 'til Cancelled is the ONLY option for Buy It Now listings. With a basic store, I get 250 monthly listings. To avoid paying additional listing fees, I will now have to monitor my listings and cancel those before they end, to avoid going over. That is going to be a pain in the butt, but the WORST part about this, is when a listing ends and auto relists, it will NOT APPEAR as a new listing. It maintains its ORIGINAL listing date and time, so it will appear as 30 days ago, 60 days ago, 90 days ago, etc. When I search items, I look at newly listed, not stuff a month old.

And stuff that has already been relisted six times is NOT 'Newly Listed' and should not be treated as such by the search.

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

@yuzuha 

... stuff that has already been relisted six times is NOT 'Newly Listed' ...

That's true.

A GTC listing gets a bump in Search when it is about to close (so if the seller is manually closing unsold listings, the later on Day 29 the better) but no bump for Newly Listed.

To get both would mean closing on Day 29 (hoping not to miss the bump) and relisting as Sell Similar at a later time (to get the Newly Listed bump).

And all that work would mean the potential loss of the potential Google Search bump.

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

And for no real reason, either.  Collectors who search by 'Newly Listed' will scroll through the listings until they hit the stuff they've already seen before.  If they didn't want it the first time around, they aren't going to want it the second, or the third, or the fourth.  They've already seen it and decided it wasn't what they were looking for.

Message 33 of 33
latest reply