cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ebay insane?

I'm trying to list a simple USED Roku.  When I select a product from their catalog it puts the stock picture of someone else's used product.

So I have to delete the draft and start over.

I select no products and fill out the info. When I get to the UPC code it puts a stock picture in there. Only this stock picture shows earphones. My Roku doesn't come with earphones.

I finally list it with no product, no UPC and it goes through. If this is ebay's idea of a 'catalog' it is an epic fail.  How the flup can you have a generic catalog with USED items. David Wenig himself said buyers were turned off by it. Yet here it is anyway. What are these people thinking?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Is ebay insane?

I've tried listing a few items using their catalog information and most of the time, the information isn't correct.

I don't sell to many new items, but I don't even try using it any more.

It's pretty much worthless for older items.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Is ebay insane?

I have tried using the catalog and they have even the simplest new items listed in the wrong categories. Very useless for me. Just cost me time trying to use it. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Is ebay insane?

ebay posting from scratch is pretty pointless and annoying.

Its sometime easier to post by searching something similar on ebay first then select (Have one to sell?) [ Sell now ] from the sellers post.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Is ebay insane?

Can't you just delete the stock photo and then put on your own main photo and then add the rest of your photos? 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Is ebay insane?

@joesoucie22012 wrote:

Can't you just delete the stock photo and then put on your own main photo and then add the rest of your photos? 

You can, but sometimes it will get changed back to the stock photo.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Is ebay insane?

Don't use the catalog, don't add the UPC

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Is ebay insane?

@3brothersdeals wrote:

I'm trying to list a simple USED Roku.  When I select a product from their catalog it puts the stock picture of someone else's used product.

I select no products and fill out the info. When I get to the UPC code it puts a stock picture in there. Only this stock picture shows earphones. My Roku doesn't come with earphones.

I finally list it with no product, no UPC and it goes through. If this is ebay's idea of a 'catalog' it is an epic fail.  How the flup can you have a generic catalog with USED items. David Wenig himself said buyers were turned off by it. Yet here it is anyway. What are these people thinking?

Whether they are actually 'thinking' isn't really material.  What they are after is a sale.  Doesn't matter if there is a return, it doesn't matter if it is used, maybe used, almost new, or new and it doesn't matter if the photos match or the description, it doesn't matter if 'buyers' are turned off or not - It is the sale that matters. 

As long as there are sales from it, it is not a fail, it's working.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Is ebay insane?

I can't even sell books with their catalog. I put the ISBN in the title and description, but select "Does Not Apply" in the dropdown. I don't want a stock photo on a used book, and the catalog info rarely matches the edition of the books I'm selling.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Is ebay insane?

@attabookki wrote:
I can't even sell books with their catalog. I put the ISBN in the title and description, but select "Does Not Apply" in the dropdown. I don't want a stock photo on a used book, and the catalog info rarely matches the edition of the books I'm selling.

I'm well aware of your problem(s).  I was selling books to Amazon when they were still a book search, and selling on Interloc (sp? - been a long time ago) before they became Alibris and on ABE before, and after, Amazon took over.

Unfortunately, if it comes down to whether you can sell books or whether ebay has a catalogue and somebody sells books, you will not win.  Not all sellers are responsible and as long as there are sales - any kind of sales - ebay is good with that.  Even if nobody gamed the system, there is no way for an ebay catalogue to work right.

Quite some time ago, when ebay was still trying to get sellers to 'volunteer' to make the catalogue for them, Uncle Griff said that the catalogue was a 'make or break' for ebay.  This is still another situation where the seller 'must adapt' or .... .

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Is ebay insane?

@joesoucie22012 wrote:

You can, yes.  I've done it many times whenever I've listed a DVD or video game.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply