cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken feedback system

Received a negative feedback for an item I DON'T EVEN SELL, never did. The buyer must have ordered a few items from different sellers, including me, then I ended up with this feedback. Asked eBay to remove it, they said they can't because it is an opinion of the buyer. I'm like " I'm taking someone else's negative feedback, and you say it is ok??"

Or another one: the buyer says they got no response to their requests, I asked CS to count all the responses from us (we had 6 in a week!!) yet they say it doesn't violate their policies. I said "you let them lie, how is that ok?".

They said they "don't differentiate between false statements and opinions"....wow...just wow...

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Broken feedback system

Well on the first one, send that buyer a revision request and ask him to change it.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Broken feedback system

You can ask for a revision to buyer in 30 days.

Probably too late ask for a revision for the other 44 negative feedbacks though.

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

Broken feedback system

That isn't the point, but eBay's reaction to this.

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

Broken feedback system

I’ve had negative feedback removed that a buyer left that wasn’t meant for me. 
I went here to do it. It took several minutes for the feedback to be deleted.

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

Broken feedback system

It is ebay's reaction that bothers me, how can they even say just take someone else's negative feedback??

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Broken feedback system

That is not my point here,but how far ebay has gone to side with buyers, it doesn't even matter what they say, if it's a complete lie, or not.

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

Broken feedback system

@maxxilano wrote:

They said they "don't differentiate between false statements and opinions"....wow...just wow...

That's overseas call center speak. Ebay does that all the time...well they used to. Feedback removal is not done by CSRs anymore not that when they did you wouldn't have had any luck anyway.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

Broken feedback system

If you didn't sell it to them, how could they leave feedback for it?

Have a great day
Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Broken feedback system

@kensgiftshop wrote:

If you didn't sell it to them, how could they leave feedback for it?

Easily. Customer Yahoo buys Widget A and Widget B.  Widget A is fine and Widget B is a problem on wheels. Yahoo leaves the feedback for Widget B under the line for Widget A.   Not that hard to do.  Seller of A now has a neg for a problem they didn't cause with an item they don't sell. 

The script kiddies overseas don't know how to remove erroneous feedback, so they "I can't do that, Hal"ed it.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 10 of 37
latest reply

Broken feedback system

@kensgiftshop 

With their keyboard obviously. Come on Ken.

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

Broken feedback system

Couldn't you have replied something like:  The buyer needs to look again at the information about the item that he is unhappy with.  If he does so, he should see that he did not buy that item from me.

Evidently left FB for me that was meant for another seller.  

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

Broken feedback system

If you are contacting the overseas call center, take what they say with a grain of salt. They are script readers at best, with no authority to change anything. They are also notorious for saying whatever will cut the call short. As a result, you can get the kind of meaningless comments you described. It makes eBay look bad that they do not have quality, trained, stellar customer service. Yes, it’s outrageous.

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

Broken feedback system

Exactly. I told them flat out the only thing they achieve with **bleep** like this is an ever shrinking userbase, and they should not be surprised by that.

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Broken feedback system

It is ebay's reaction that bothers me, how can they even say just take someone else's negative feedback??

@maxxilano 

Because they CAN, or that is all they are allowed to say. eBay's concession to the problem was make "feedback" not count for your seller evaluation anymore.    The call back or chat feature typically connects you to foreign based call centers where the people that answer the phone or chat have no authority to doL
 otherwise.  Sometimes I think they are not even allowed to have functioning keyboards..ctrlC and ctrlV are the only keys that work....LOL....

The system will force a seller to accept and fund a return for "a red sweater with holes" when you sold them a hammer.   These are the same people that say your plush toy was removed because "Unicorns are an endangered species".    go figure. 

You need help, don't believe a word they say....get back to you in 24 - 48 hours is the code phrase for NEVER, or you just may get advice that will make your situation worse.  

Message 15 of 37
latest reply