cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken feedback system

Received a negative feedback for an item I DON'T EVEN SELL, never did. The buyer must have ordered a few items from different sellers, including me, then I ended up with this feedback. Asked eBay to remove it, they said they can't because it is an opinion of the buyer. I'm like " I'm taking someone else's negative feedback, and you say it is ok??"

Or another one: the buyer says they got no response to their requests, I asked CS to count all the responses from us (we had 6 in a week!!) yet they say it doesn't violate their policies. I said "you let them lie, how is that ok?".

They said they "don't differentiate between false statements and opinions"....wow...just wow...

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Broken feedback system

Yes, never got a reply.

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

Did it, no answer.

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

We offer 30 days free returns, which itself is a huge loss for us , what is better CS than let them know about it? "If there is  any issue, open a request, free of charge, return it for full refund".

Feedback bothers, because many buyers take them as a "seller metric" and decide based on them if they want to make a purchase, or not. Nobody knows how many potential orders are being lost due to feedbacks, but none of those buyers see the full context of those bad comments, the full exchange etc..

Like when buyer says "horrible customer service, no response" meanwhile we have literally 9 messages sent to them, trying to resolve the issue, but now everybody who reads that comment, thinks we don't care.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

I just skimmed over some of the responses so you may know this already.   The eBay Facebook / social media reps can often be much more help than the phone/chat reps so you might try contacting them if you haven’t done that yet. But if you haven’t tried the feedback removal tool mentioned in post 5, try that first.  https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp/feedback

off topic -  Based on some of the negatives  some of your buyers are not understanding how the buy 2, get 1 free works.   I saw the info in the main pic but not all buyers are seeing this so I wonder if other sellers have a different way of showing the  information so that less buyers get confused. 

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

I know. Most buyers never read description. The instructions for the discount are displayed on the main image, plus in item specifics also, but in some cases nothing is good enough. This is another good example btw, when the buyer clearly makes a mistake, but blames the seller for it and ebay says they can't do nothing about it, so the feedback stays.

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

Again, another example in a long list of examples, of Ebay being unnecessarily adversarial and punitive towards sellers.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

49 negatives and 263 neutrals...

Message 37 of 37
latest reply