cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticator is way off

My card is authentic and matches the pictures. I am pulling all trading card listings. I will sell them at in-house auction. 

Your authenticator needs to get a pair of glasses or take a better look at the listing.

Srop wasting my time, Ebay.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Authenticator is way off

Ebay does not read the discussion boards.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Authenticator is way off

I will preface by saying I do not buy or collect Pokemon cards. You had my curiosity, so I checked your Pokemon Charizard 4/102 assuming that is the one you are challenging.  Comparing to the "graded" ones the same as yours, it looks to me like the authenticators are correct. Maybe take a good look at the pictures and compare yours with the sold graded ones before challenging the authenticators. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Authenticator is way off

@2brotherssalvage 

You are preaching to the choir here, eBay is not here and will not see your post.

You are addressing other eBay members. 

You stated "I am pulling all trading card listings. I will sell them at in-house auction. " But yet you listed new ones today... Well, ok then.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Authenticator is way off

WE are not ebay.  You are free to make your own decisions. No need to let us know your plans.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Authenticator is way off

Those grading services all seem a bit **bleep**.  I know a person who buys graded cards and takes them out of that holders and sends them in for grading.  Many come back a higher grade. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Authenticator is way off

Yes, ebay does read these boards, and they do have reps here.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Authenticator is way off

This isn't in regard to cards.... but I sold shoes that had to go through Ebay authentication. I had a high-end purse that had to go through Ebay authentication...both were denied, and I had receipts for both. Ebay authentication is a joke. and then when i questioned them, they said they couldn't tell me the reason it failed authentication......hmmm nothing fishy about that...

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Authenticator is way off

Hi @ecptreasures . Since this thread is an old one, it is likely to get shut down to comments. (Which is a shame when such a discussion warrants further discourse.)      

I’d urge you to consider  starting a new thread, as opposed to sharing your thought-provoking experiences at the tail end of the conversation where fewer  will see it.

With much appreciation to you for sharing your insight.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Authenticator is way off

"I am pulling all trading card listings. I will sell them at in-house auction."

Selling your cards at in-house auctions might turn out to be one of the best decisions you ever will make, especially if the auctions you are consigning them to are "online bidding" which most of them are nowadays, and better yet if they specialize in what you're selling.  I switched to in-house auctions for so many of my items that I used to sell on eBay, and not only am I netting as much or more money, but I am saving incredible amounts of time as well.  No more photographing, writing up descriptions, worrying about returns and feedback, or putting up with all the other stressful issues involved with selling here.  That stuff is all left up to the in-house auctioneers, and they don't take returns.  Having said that, there are still some  categories that I do better with on eBay, but in-house online bidding auctions take the cake for certain categories for sure.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply