cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of buyers quickly asking to return item.

So I sold my like new steam deck OLED 1tb Version. It was in excellent condition and packed very well. The buyer who purchased bought for my listed price without sending an offer, I wasn't thrown off by that because that is up to them. What did throw me off was when the buyer messaged me later that day and requested that the item be sent no later than next day. I understand wanting something but it was odd because I always ship within two days regardless. 

I went ahead and sent the item regardless and didn't think much of it. Well, three days go by, last night I receive a request to return the item. The reason was item is defective and the only comments added were "I am having a problem with the console". I immediately responded and asked what was wrong and never received a response. Something in me told me to look up this address because the buyer had very little feedback, I just had this weird gut feeling.

Everything about this console was in excellent condition and the only picture they sent back was a picture of the box, lol. Nothing stating the damage or defect. Buyer never responded and now doesn't even have an account for me to send a message to.

Ebay has stepped in and taken my side, thankfully. I am not trying to spam anyone, just warning of selling high dollar electronics without looking at the feedback beforehand and searching the address. 

I will update as the process continues.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I never had any problems with "freight forward" buyers to other countries.

As a seller your position is to have it mailed to the freight forward address with tracking.

You can check to see the ID eBayer who purchased the item and which country they are in.

And you can politely and businesslike mention item is on its way using "freight forward" and has not arrived yet in their country. "three days go by"...no way buyer got it yet.

I usually take a photo of item going freight forward and send it to buyer that item is on its way and that they are using freight forward and might take longer to get to them.

It is an expensive item you sold so:

Might want to check buyer ID next time to see if it is going freight forward.

There is usually an additional International fee you pay if a buyer uses an International credit card.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

That's a Freight Forwarder's address, who did nothing wrong, and many of us sell nearly daily to Freight Forwarders without an issue.  Please don't post libel on these forums.

Your situation is not a scam, nor even a problem for you.  Just follow procedure and you'll be fine.  But do not avoid such addresses or warn people away from them.  The FF is doing nothing to scam you.  The reviews you read were from uninformed people.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Freight forwarder...it's not a scam. I don't care where you get your info from. 
As far as Money Back Guarantee is concerned, when the item is delivered to that location your responsibility ends there. 
Anything that happens after that is the freight forwarder's problem not yours. 
IMG_1555.jpeg

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Thank you. You are correct in many ways and I apologize for my lack of clarification. Unfortunately it's with a $700 electronic item so its very easy to scam on these. Ebay has my side on this one thankfully so it is in fact a scam or they wouldn't have agreed with me. The seller now doesn't have a profile that shows up and I can't even send them a message again so that tells me they have been banned.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@andysmithcollectibles 

Your buyer may or may not be a scammer but the address is NOT. 

ETA: Let me rephrase: Your buyer may be trying to scam you but because they're using a freight forwarder, they've relinquished their MBG. They won't win a NAD claim.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Understand. My information has came from Ebay by the way! Directly from upper management through phone calls. So I get where you are coming from but I will trust ebay lol.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Buyer is 100& a scammer. Ebay has banned them and is now looking into the common issues with this address.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@andysmithcollectibles wrote:

Understand. My information has came from Ebay by the way! Directly from upper management through phone calls. So I get where you are coming from but I will trust ebay lol.

Your information may have come from ebay CS phone reps but they tell callers what they want to hear. 

If you understand, you can fight the claim by proving that the buyer had the item shipped to a FF. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Thank you for the clarification.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I never had any problems with "freight forward" buyers to other countries.

As a seller your position is to have it mailed to the freight forward address with tracking.

You can check to see the ID eBayer who purchased the item and which country they are in.

And you can politely and businesslike mention item is on its way using "freight forward" and has not arrived yet in their country. "three days go by"...no way buyer got it yet.

I usually take a photo of item going freight forward and send it to buyer that item is on its way and that they are using freight forward and might take longer to get to them.

It is an expensive item you sold so:

Might want to check buyer ID next time to see if it is going freight forward.

There is usually an additional International fee you pay if a buyer uses an International credit card.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I understand, thank you for your reply. This is truly my fault for selling a high dollar item without looking into the feedback first.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Thank you are correct. My apologies. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Hi Andy , I'm glad you won! I found additional information that may be helpful for other sellers and the eBay Trust and Safety team. You can forward this information to them if you wish. Best regards,John.

Report on Boxpaq International Inc

BBB File Information:

• BBB File Opened: 12/8/2020
  • Not BBB accredited

Business Management:

• Ramon Quiterio Cordero, President
  • Luis M Garcia Garcia, Vice President

Contact Information:

• Principal: Ramon Quiterio Cordero, President
  • Customer Contact: Ramon Quiterio Cordero, President; Luis M Garcia Garcia, Vice President

Additional Contact Information:

• Phone Numbers: (786) 360-6446 (Other Phone)

Additional Business Information:

• BBB files contain a pattern of complaints from consumers alleging issues with the business and customer service. Complaints include the business being listed as the shipping address for unauthorized credit card purchases and failure to respond to complaints.
  • On November 21, 2021, BBB sent correspondence to Boxpaq requesting their voluntary cooperation in providing steps to eliminate the pattern of customer complaints. As of December 20, 2021, the business has not responded.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Thank you for a real response. I had to remove some information of my post because many were defending this address as legit. I got scammed unfortunately because it was a high dollar item. I have used forward service before but this one has a ton of complaints!

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

They won't win a NAD claim.

@albertabrightalberta 

Unfortunately, eBay still treats these NAD claims like any other domestic sale.  Unless the seller victim speaks up and contacts eBay and convinces them that this is a F.Forwarder situation, any not as described claim will proceed with the seller having to send a return label to the forwarder address, etc.  Many sellers do not even know that they are shipping to a forwarder, and know how to protect themselves from this and any of  the "fake tracking return" scams that typically ensue with high dollar items.  Contacting the regular outsourced foreign CS reps that one gets in a call back or chat, is often not productive either which adds even more problems.  

I would agree that many of these companies located in Miami/Dade, Oregon, Deleware, etc. have horrible reviews.  It is likely because of the scammers that use them as opposed to the forwarding business itself. 

Until then eBay + high end item (most often electronics) + international buyer using the US freight forwarder address = a transaction that is not going to go well.  A seller has a much better chance if they KNOW about the scenario and can act as soon as the claim shows up. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Buyer-using-USPS-return-scam-Ebay-decided-case-in-buyers-favor...
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Help-Miami-Freight-Forwarder-says-wrong-item-sent-and-returnin...
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Getting-screwed-over-for-months-as-a-seller-on-on-an-blatant/m...
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Ebay-refunded-a-buyer-without-me-getting-my-item-back-from/m-p...
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Return-scam-nothing-new/m-p/34302635#M2358896
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/The-new-buyer-scam-and-eBay-s-ignoring-Policy/m-p/34301810#M23...
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Return-Scam-so-simple-but-super-effective-What-should-I-do/m-p...
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scam-and-ebay-ignores-it/m-p/34356453#M2372717
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Seller-Beware-of-Buying-amp-Return-Scam/m-p/34386391#M2379744

Message 15 of 18
latest reply