cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYERS NOT LEAVING FEEDBACK / NOTHING BEING DONE ABOUT IT

I know this has been mentioned many times in THE PAST !!! BUT this IS NOW and IT'S TIME SOMETHING BE DONE ABOUT IT !!! We SELLERS RELY on THIS FEEDBACK and WE are NOT GETTING IT !!!  BUYER RATINGS are ALMOST ALWAYS at 100%  !! Well I BELIEVE EVERY TIME a PURCHASE is MADE and NO FEEDBACK is LEFT by THE BUYER that 100% SHOULD GO DOWN !!! JUST LIKE a SELLERS RATING CAN FALL so SHOULD a BUYERS !! EBAY NEEDS to BUG THE BUYERS to LEAVE FEEDBACK !!! NOT JUST DO NOTHING ABOUT IT !!! SERIOUSLY , 20% , 30% , 40% FEEDBACK is PATHETIC !!! And IS NOT in REALITY a FAIR PRACTICE to BASE ANY BUSINESS ON !!! IF WE SELLERS GET JUST ( 1 ) NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IT STAYS on OUR SELLER RATING for OVER a YEAR !!! ( LOL ) AGAIN , THIS is NOT a FAIR PRACTICE for ANY BUSINESS and TOTALLY BOGUS !! IMAGINE IF WE COULD LEAVE FEEDBACK for EBAYS OVERALL PERFORMANCE ( LOL ) !! DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BUYER FEEDBACK !! IT IS NOT a CREDIBLE PERFORMANCE RATING BUT YET SO MUCH IS PLACED ON IT !!! LIKE PEOPLE'S LIVELIHOOD !!! WAKE UP and CHANGE THIS ( MALPRACTICE ) !!! 

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Sellers don't need feedback. It is not part of your seller performance rating.

Your performance rating is based on transactions completed successfully, without the buyer filing a claim or requesting a refund. Feedback isn't even in the equation. It doesn't matter if the buyer leaves feedback or not.

Relax, not receiving feedback isn't worth stressing over. You're a top-rated seller, and your DSRs are 5 stars times 4. You don't need more feedback.

Personally, as a buyer I always used to leave feedback when I received the item. But too many sellers didn't bother to return the favor, so now I will leave feedback if the seller does, but otherwise not.

eBay already bugs buyers to leave feedback, which is not a good idea. Many buyers will not leave feedback if they are not completely satisfied with the seller, so if they are bugged about leaving feedback, they may go ahead and leave a negative or neutral when they would otherwise have left nothing.

Please don't post in ALL CAPS. It is very hard to read, and on the web it is considered shouting and very rude.

Message 2 of 66
latest reply

RUDE is EXACTLY WHAT THIS IS ABOUT !! and GO RIGHT AHEAD and LEAVE NEUTRAL or NEGATIVE FEEDBACK !! IF the PRODUCT or SERVICE DESERVES IT ??? THEN BY ALL MEANS FEEL FREE TO DO SO !!! and MOST LIKELY YOU as a BUYER WILL GET IT RIGHT BACK !!! THEN THERE GOES YOUR 100"% RATING !! YOU DONT BASE A BUSINESS ON A BOGUS RATING SYSTEM that is AS OUTDATED as THE WHEEL !!! Do you honestly believe a SELLER SHOULD HAVE TO CARRY A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR A YEAR ??? SERIOUSLY !!! OUR SELLER RATING IS POSTED NEXT TO EVERY PRODUCT WE LIST !!!  IT MEANS MORE THAN YOU REALIZE and HAS PUT PEOPLE OUT OF BUSINESS and NOW SELL ON ANOTHER WEB SITE !!!  and I ALWAYS LEAVE FEEDBACK TO THE BUYER !! YOU APPARENTLY HAVEN'T BEEN BUGGED ENOUGH BY EBAY TO LEAVE FEEDBACK !! 

Message 3 of 66
latest reply

Sellers can't leave anything but positive feedback for buyers.

If a seller leaves a negative comment in a positive feedback, eBay will remove it and give the seller a policy violation on their account.

STOP SHOUTING
Message 4 of 66
latest reply

Relax you have 1 neg FB in the last 12 months.  One red hickie won't turn your world upside down.  And when I read your one neg it said Great product???? Possibly your buyer made error by clicking on the wrong button. 

Everyone receives a  neg every now and then.  Personally, I leave a pos FB every time a buyer buys & pays  for my stuff and in return  my  buyers have  left a FB on 65.3%  of the items I've shipped since 2010 and  we never solicit FB from  buyers - we alway ship promptly, describe our products accurately, in pics & words but never exaggreate the condition of pre-own stuff and offer items atreasonable prices - not low prices - target mid point price or higher if I  feel we can get it.  To me low prices and quality do not go hand in hand.

In reality FB leaving is strictly optional for both the buyer and seller - yes eBay encourages sellers to  leave FB for buyers as without a buyer there are no sellers. 

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 5 of 66
latest reply

You should never ask a buyer to leave you FB. You really don't need it after you have established yourself. And, if you catch the buyer on the wrong day, it ight just cost you in a bad FB. Also, sometimes buyers do leave Neutral FB. Quite often, they do not know how it affects the seller. I once had a buyer leave me Neutral FB and then wrote, "great item, great price." So, you see, sometimes it's best to receive no FB at all. Oh, and if it bothers you so much, then don't leave any FB for the buyer if it will make you feel better. The best to you.
Message 6 of 66
latest reply

Sellers CAN leave NEGATIVE FEEDBACK !! It's just not put in/or AGAINST the BUYERS 100% RATING CATEGORY !!! Where it should be placed !! Instead it's placed in a category of its own !!! If you fail to pay for a product you BID on or PURCHASED that will go against your rating and MY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK can be READ !!!  OKAY , If I sell 100 items and I get ( 1 ) NEGATIVE FEEDBACK that will give me a 99% SELLER RATING if all 100 people left FEEDBACK !! BUT if only 10 people leave FEEDBACK MY SELLER RATING WOULD BE ( 90% )  THAT is JUST not a FAIR WAY to do BUSINESS !! As a matter of FACT that IS OUTRIGHT a PATHETIC WAY to DO ANYTHING AT ALL !!! IT needs to be DONE AWAY WITH !!! PERMANENTLY !!! 

Message 7 of 66
latest reply

I don't think THAT ANYTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE so you just may as well accept it, settle down and GET ON WITH IT.
Message 8 of 66
latest reply

CALL EBAY AND ASK THEM TO REMOVE THAT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK YOU HAVE. A TRUE NEGATIVE WOULDN'T SAY "GREAT SELLER." UNLESS THE BUYER IS TWISTED IN THE MIND. THE BUYER CLEARLY MADE AN ERROR.

Message 9 of 66
latest reply

Pick something that is productive, that you can actually do something about and apply this level of passion to it, and you would be successful. IOW, you are wasting a massive amount of energy on something you can't change.

Message 10 of 66
latest reply

@sweetpieces4you wrote:
@lacemaker3 wrote:

If a seller leaves a negative comment in a positive feedback, eBay will remove it and give the seller a policy violation on their account.

Sellers CAN leave NEGATIVE FEEDBACK !! ...

You have obviously never tried it.

It is against board policy to post patently false information.

Message 11 of 66
latest reply

Feedback is voluntary and that's not going to change soon.Users are here to buy and sell things not garner praise.

Since the same standard applies to all sellers it is "fair"

Sellers CANNOT leave buyers negative feedback anywhere.And a negative comment in a buyers feedback can be removed and seller sanctioned.Sellers can file unpaid item cases if buyer fails to pay that gives buyer a strike which if buyer receives 2 in 12 months triggers a block ebay offers sellers.

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 12 of 66
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

STOP SHOUTING

& USE PARAGRAPHS!!!

Message 13 of 66
latest reply

Sorry, but I disagree. I really don't care if a buyer leaves feedback or not. And a seller or ebay harrassing them about it will only push them off the site.

Old saying: No news is good news.

Message 14 of 66
latest reply

30% feedback  is about all I expect to see, and I don't care anyway. I have enough.

Many now buy as a "guest", and as do not leave feedback.

Maybe you should message your buyers over, and over until they leave feedback for you, and be sure to use lots of caps so that they get the message.

Message 15 of 66
latest reply