cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any help on getting reinstated...seller privileges taken after 18 years!

Just got  the email today..After 18 years with Ebay...Any help or advice to get reinstated?

I called customer serive and basically was told due :

transaction deficit rate was 2.58 percent ....                 .58% percent  over the allowable amount..   
          closed cases was .64 %                                               .34% percent over the allowable amount..

How is this fair without any warning? Why isnt their a appeal proccess in place like Amazon?

After 18 years of selling and paying my fees on time and following ebay rules and regs and I am suspended for life? How is this fair???
Is thier any way of appealing or getting reinstated?

Then the kicker at the end is I have to send out preorder items that I sold ..guess what? They are not even listed anymore on my dashboard...the supervisor was like go check my paypal account..how is this right????

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Any help on getting reinstated...seller privileges taken after 18 years!

I am suspended for life

From the OP.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Did you check your dashboard regularly which shows the percentages?  This should have given you the heads up that you were heading for trouble.  Did you not realize you were racking up defects?

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

@blindguardianwrote:

Just got  the email today..After 18 years with Ebay...Any help or advice to get reinstated?

transaction deficit rate was 2.58 percent ....                 .58% percent  over the allowable amount..   
          closed cases was .64 %                                               .34% percent over the allowable amount..

How is this fair without any warning? Why isnt their a appeal proccess in place like Amazon?

After 18 years of selling and paying my fees on time and following ebay rules and regs and I am suspended for life? How is this fair???

Then the kicker at the end is I have to send out preorder items that I sold ..guess what? They are not even listed anymore on my dashboard...the supervisor was like go check my paypal account..how is this right????

If your employees were stealing from you would you wait until there was nothing left before siting up and taking notice.

Same here.  Sellers are just not banned out of the blue.  There are warnings in place long before that happens.  But you have to pay attention and take action.  Waiting until the decision is made for you obviously will not end in your favor.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

@blindguardianwrote:

Is the suspension permanent or temporary? You have to keep an eye on your dashboard, respond to cases immediately, and watch your inventory.  The warning is the percentage of the defect rate increasing. 

I do have 1 bit of advice, when responding to neg FB(if at all), tone it down a little. Saying a customer is "nuts", does not help. 

Good luck! 

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

So sorry and with all due respect, the warning shows on your Dashboard, so there is no appeal process to depend on.  When you have a case, the message about that is your warning, since you need to avoid problematic transactions.

The most fatal defects are out of stock and case closed without seller resolution.  You would want to avoid cases like the plague.  When you have a case, ebay does not want to step in, they want you to handle it.

Congratulations on your long selling career, and I am very sorry about your situation.  I wish there were better news for you.

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

I would try to contact someone on facebook to help.  The blues there have helped people I think.......

BUT

I would thoroughly understand what was done wrong and be willing/able to acknowledge and present ways to prevent it from happening again.....  They are going to want an "action plan" to correct the problems........and if you get snotty with them.......not going to get very far.

I can't tell from what you say......whether the problems are related to the preorder stuff or not.......but if so, I would seriously consider telling them (and doing it) that I would drop that product line. 

If they do let you back on, it's probably going to be under the 4% fvf penalty and some listing restrictions........if you can't deal with that, don't bother to try..........

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

I am suspended for life

From the OP.  

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

I am suspended forever....for small small small percentages as I listed before..Its not fair..and even Amazon has a appeal process i heard..18 years paying on time and following their rules..

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

@dhbookdswrote:

I would try to contact someone on facebook to help.  The blues there have helped people I think.......

BUT

I would thoroughly understand what was done wrong and be willing/able to acknowledge and present ways to prevent it from happening again.....  They are going to want an "action plan" to correct the problems........and if you get snotty with them.......not going to get very far.

I can't tell from what you say......whether the problems are related to the preorder stuff or not.......but if so, I would seriously consider telling them (and doing it) that I would drop that product line. 

If they do let you back on, it's probably going to be under the 4% fvf penalty and some listing restrictions........if you can't deal with that, don't bother to try..........

OP, you could try this.  This poster is right when they say you will have to acknowledge your mistakes and present a business plan that shows you will correct each one so they do not happen again.  

Attitude is everything.  You catch more flies with sugar than you do with vinegar.  Remember, they have something you want.  Being on your best behavior, being charming and pleasant, earnest, and sincerely remorseful but willing to eliminate your issues may help.  There is no guarantee.   If a product line caused issues, drop it.  If you get a case, you will resolve it.  You can refund without a return but if you require a return, in cases of SNAD not as described, you will send the customer a label and you pay for it.  You refund item cost and original shipping when it is returned.  Know what your issues were and explain how you are eliminating them.  IOW, you will handle your cases and not expect Ebay to do so.  

But as previously stated, IF they relent, you will then be paying 14% in fees.  4 percent more.  

They consider permanent to be permanent.  Good Luck.

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

@blindguardianwrote:

I am suspended forever....for small small small percentages as I listed before..Its not fair..and even Amazon has a appeal process i heard..18 years paying on time and following their rules..

I'm sure this is devastating for you.

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

This is a response and warning about this situation for other sellers...

Ebay does now allow sellers to continue to sell and charge them a higher FVF rate when they are below standard.. but that is up to eBay whether to allow an under performing seller to continue to sell.

I was told some time ago by a blue, and I assume it is still true, once eBay has a human put eyes on your account they look at everything to rate you or make a decision about your account..... feedback, feedback removed, violations in place or removed, attitude, responses to feedback... IF you find yourself on the edge and you have poor feedback, aren't professional or any number of improper actions that make ebay look poorly in a customer's eyes you could find yourself on the outside looking in, where another seller in the same situation who ships on time, is professional, has great feedback - may get to stay..... so at all times, act like you belong here and treat your customers right. It is not only the proper thing to do, it may pay off greatly in other ways... because eBay may look at your account for other reasons and it may (or may not) affect visibility or placement or any number of decisions that could be beneficial.

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

@dhbookdswrote:

I would try to contact someone on fa......

I would never go there or reccomend anyone to.  That entire site needs to be abolished.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 12 of 46
latest reply

I am sorry this happened to you. 

But I do have a question/observation... looking at your feedback and responses you issued... I noticed much of it concerns 'pre-sale' collectible trading cards.  May I ask what do you consider a 'pre sale'? 

I asked my kids and grandkids (generation difference explanation as they are of the age of your buyers I'd suspect) and they told me that means to them that they would receive the cards BEFORE they were released to the open market.  I see notes that orders were shipped after the release date.  So my thought is that there may have been some misunderstanding between you and the buyers? 

I would think (again my age) that a 'pre sale' means that you were selling BEFORE they were in your possession (in anticipation of the shipment you were expecting) - but your customers may have been of the understanding they would get them before the official release date to the public. 

Not being able to see your  listings as worded, so I will ask if there was any statement in your description offering this explanation of what you meant by 'pre-sale'?  The whole thing may just have been miscommunication. 

If this is the case and you do take the facebook route as previously suggested, you might consider this as a possibility for your customer's reactions.  And as far as the one late because of the hurricane, eBay gave notice that those affected by late shipping had options available to them - so did you check that out before responding to the feedback you were given? Maybe that one could have been forgiven if you pursued it at the time.

When you saw the bad feedback - did you approach the buyer in a kind way, try and make peace and request that they revise their decision before reacting to them with your response?  Two wrongs never make it right. 

If you get a second chance, try to work things out preferably before they leave feedback, but certainly smile and apologize afterwards on the outside - although you are cursing and angry inside.  Easier said than done, I am sure - but try to take the 'high road' and be classy/professional about the situation - if at all possible.  Remember you are probably dealing with people younger than you are with this product, so they may think and respond according to their age and inexperience.  So perhaps taking that notion into consideration too may be wise.

Good luck.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 13 of 46
latest reply

Just as an observation, OP is selling to a tough crowd to begin with (I've sold this category), they're impatient and a bit entitled as a group, and then he's selling pre-orders for First Day Of Release items that these people will want to have ON THAT DAY.   That's not the best formula for these buyers to go with mail order and expect that.

Buyer expectations (at least most of the 11 non-positive f/b I see) is just unreasonable given it's mail order and the limitations of the USPS.   I don't see any reason to perma-ban this seller, but I don't see a lot of reason in how eBay runs a lot of things. 

Agree on the anti-Facebook post too, but if that's where the Chiefs running this place hang, that's apparently where OP will need to go to get any assistance, if there is any to be had. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 14 of 46
latest reply

I am sorry blind and castle but you can still buy. I am sorry that the Boss has fired you, but it's all up from here, I have been fired many times by many corporations for speaking my mind and being a free thinker all the the while being told to be honest and speak out. Just get back on your feet and apply at bonanza or etsy, amazon, wherever, you have good sales experience so it should be no problem to get back on your feet, and take what you have learned and apply it, good luck, this does not mean your finished as sellers!
Message 15 of 46
latest reply