cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All I can say is...Wow...

I seldom post here, but this just made my jaw drop open.  I had no idea this is happening.  Perhaps I spend too much time with the kids.  Anyway, it totally makes sense why ebay is cracking down hard on sellers who sell questionable merchandise here.  

Again...Wow...what a mess! 

https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1598126026185314304

Message 1 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Re: All I can say is...Wow...

According to the FBI, after a brief pandemic bump, violent crime in San Francisco remains lower than at any point since 1985. Car theft has gone up, but that's the case everywhere because the price of used cars has ballooned.  Shoplifting is a problem, but in the case of San Fran, it was all one store.  I think we have a case of 'new toys' here. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 61 of 83
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@nanniestreasurechest 

Exactly!!  Where is security in that store, especially an Apple Store?? No one does anything!! This is absolutely unacceptable and they're getting away with it easy, breezy!

Are you kidding me? Apple fully supports this politically in the millions of political contribution $$ to politicians that enact policies that create these disasters.

Absolutely shocking how so many people are misinformed and completely disconnected from reality.

'When everything the American people believe is a lie we told them, we'll know we're in full control'....USA CIA decades ago.

Message 62 of 83
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

The US has the highest incarceration rate in the world as it is - we'd have to build even more prisons which I guess we could do, where incarceration would cost the taxpayers far more money in maintenance than most of the original crimes committed.  Shoplifting has plagued retailing since ancient times, and hanging people for it was was done in earlier times did nothing to stem it, either. It's one of those sticky, seemingly insoluble problems.  

The difference with the hanging's was it was a one time expense to the taxpayers. Shoplifting is one thing but the event in this video goes well beyond just shop lifting. 

Yes, but as the Ultimate Solution one would think execution would be a deterrent to others, which is the whole idea behind locking up the shoplifters, cutting off their hands, making a shooting gallery out of the place, etc.  The type of individual who participates in it will still take the risk.  I agree with the poster upthread who said the wide availability of marks on the internet to buy this stuff has really encouraged this. There will always be profit and a market for discount toys, but the market is bigger. 

Apple will remotely brick stolen devices, anyway, so maybe stupidity will do in these particular idiots - not worth "the men in the store" (as one poster on there said), tackling them and getting knifed or shot over a bunch of bricked junk looted from a multi-billion dollar company.  Cutting off the profit motive is the only way I see to try to resolve this problem.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 63 of 83
latest reply

@2....1....0....sold! 

No I don't live in a cave, but I do have other responsibilities.  Your reply is rather disrespectful and off the topic.  

Message 64 of 83
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

No one has mentioned that rampant and unregulated gun ownership might have a little to do with this.   Wanna get shot over a laptop or a head of lettuce? 

LOL!

So you believe you can "regulate" gun ownership within the criminal population? Those are not "law abiding citizens" robbing those stores, they're the criminal element.

New York Times - 100,000 people "missing" in Mexico

Take a look at Mexico; incredibly STRICT "gun laws". There is only ONE "gun store" in the entire country and it's run by the military. You can own a single small caliber weapon, but it CANNOT leave your house or you're looking at years in prison. You're also very restricted on the purchase of ammunition. What more could a "gun control advocate" want?

And how is that working out for Mexico?

2019:
Mexico: 17 gun murders per 100k population
USA: 11 gun murders per 100k population

^^^55% HIGHER gun murder rate in Mexico despite incredibly strict "gun laws". The actual murder rate is much higher because many murders are simply not reported both out of fear of retaliation and the fact that the bodies are buried out the desert and simply become "missing persons".

Message 65 of 83
latest reply

Most items like this (displays) are 'fakes' anyway; but if they are not- even though they could be worthless etc. the thieves can still sell them and get the $ and even if they are worthless to the new end user- the store is out the $$ for the phones- reported and locked or not. 

Message 66 of 83
latest reply

I grew up in San Francisco, if you're trying to tell me its a better place today than it was in 1985 you are sorely mistaken. Both my brother and I use to roam the entire city as kids. I certainly wouldn't do that today.

San Francisco is a poverty stricken, drug infested dump today. The homeless problem in San Francisco is so bad that downtown is loaded with more tents than REI. There's human waste and used needles literally everywhere, you literally walk over it anywhere you go.

There's zero accountability for crime. Its literally the wild west and anything goes. That video is also just one of literally thousands just like it, as this happens in Cali literally 24/7. They steal one penny under $950 and its a slap on the wrist. Some people are being arrested and charged dozens of times, and simply released every single time.

The state's leaders actually caused the housing crisis there. The state has practically unlimited land to build on, but environmental and other restrictions have made it impossible to build in many areas of the state, so a housing shortage persists. That housing shortage drives prices up, which real estate investors love.

Message 67 of 83
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This discussion has gotten a bit off topic. Please bring the discussion back to subject established in the original post.

Thank you.

Message 68 of 83
latest reply

@gamersbaystore  I grew up in San Francisco, if you're trying to tell me its a better place today than it was in 1985 you are sorely mistaken.

Um...huh?  I quoted FBI crime statistics.  Not sure where you got that other stuff.  

As for politics - the lamemainstream media loves to bash blue cities - but guess what, crime is a mix in red AND blue.  It's an American problem - turning it into the usual political football is just lazy and blind.  But then finger-pointing is a national sport. 

* In order to shoplift on a grand scale, an area has to have the items to shoplift to begin with - now we're getting into availability and that means money.  But people will do almost anything.  At the local grocery store I saw some middle-aged dude snapping off the stalks on broccoli in the veg section so he only had to pay for the crowns.  His little daughter was standing right there.  I actually started to laugh because it was so ridiculous, even while it really irritated me.  I'm older and rather cranky, and was going to drift by the guy and say 'nice!', but he hustled away with his little bag of evidence before I could get there.  What did he save by that display - a buck?  There's plenty of money where I live and he probably drove up in one of the usual $UVs I see everywhere.  He sure didn't look hungry. 

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 69 of 83
latest reply

@genv wrote:

The Phones are all registered & are locked upon exit & if turned on, the GPS coordinates can be sent to the Police... What they stole is worthless plastic.

The screen, the battery, etc...the parts are worth more than the phone. Locking a phone only makes the control board useless...still lot's of other valuable parts in there.

Message 70 of 83
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

It’s far better to leave them alone and then call the police afterwards. All those people’s lives are at risk if someone does something stupid. Better they walk and get caught later than kill 20 people.

No one should take a bullet or a knife for the CEO's living safely in their gated communities. Robbery in progress around me, I'll hold the door open for them...the sooner they leave, the better for me.

I hope Target loses a BILLION DOLLARS to theft in 2023, I don't shop there so let prices triple to cover the losses....boo hoo!...they certainly deserve it because they funded the politicians that make it possible.

Message 71 of 83
latest reply

@2....1....0....sold! 

I guess I failed then...your comment is a very rude.  

Message 72 of 83
latest reply

Yep, everybody is now afraid that somebody is going whip out an assault rifle. This country is going down the tubes fast.

Ironic that CA seems to be the target of a LOT of these snatch and grab crimes. It is also one of the most difficult states to get a concealed carry permit in. 

Message 73 of 83
latest reply

"Store clerks are told to do nothing about it."

My hubs was a PIC (sort of a sub-manager) at a local Safeway.  The employees were told if they interfered in a robbery they would be fired.

The thieves are all well aware of this. Kind of like the scammers on eBay if there is no risk for stealing why not. 

Message 74 of 83
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

"Store clerks are told to do nothing about it."

My hubs was a PIC (sort of a sub-manager) at a local Safeway.  The employees were told if they interfered in a robbery they would be fired.

The thieves are all well aware of this. Kind of like the scammers on eBay if there is no risk for stealing why not. 

Insurance will not cover such intervention and for sure the employer will not:

This is the main reason of non intervention. Its a risk management thing. Cheaper to write it off or file the lose with insurance than sued for some em[employee injuring some one: or getting injured or killed intervening. 

This also goes for the customers in a store these days. Not covered.  Yet customer can sue the store etc.....

So can da criminal.....or is it a criminal?????

Message 75 of 83
latest reply