cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All I can say is...Wow...

I seldom post here, but this just made my jaw drop open.  I had no idea this is happening.  Perhaps I spend too much time with the kids.  Anyway, it totally makes sense why ebay is cracking down hard on sellers who sell questionable merchandise here.  

Again...Wow...what a mess! 

https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1598126026185314304

Message 1 of 83
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: All I can say is...Wow...

The Phones are all registered & are locked upon exit & if turned on, the GPS coordinates can be sent to the Police... What they stole is worthless plastic.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 47 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

WOW!  I'm always amazed at how brazen these criminals are. 

Message 2 of 83
latest reply

@nanniestreasurechest 

Exactly!!  Where is security in that store, especially an Apple Store?? No one does anything!! This is absolutely unacceptable and they're getting away with it easy, breezy!

Message 3 of 83
latest reply

This has been happening everywhere for quite a while now. I mean I see people steal stuff at my local walmart and grocery store all the time. I want to say something every time but I am afraid of being assaulted. Store clerks are told to do nothing about it.

Message 4 of 83
latest reply

@ckimodog 

Yup, and we're going to see alot more of these criminals stealing like this. When there is no repercussions to this type of behavior, no law and order, this is the end result. We as law abiding citizens pay for it with higher prices, store closures and layoffs.

If I'm not mistaken aren't those phones and laptop displayed just that, a display and not workable electronics?

Message 5 of 83
latest reply

Another WOW!

Message 6 of 83
latest reply

I Agree, WOW!!!

Message 7 of 83
latest reply

@samanthasb0utique 

You've actually seen this happen?  Seriously, you can outright steal and stores do not prosecute or arrest? This is terrible.  My guess is the stores are afraid that if one of the thieves are injured in their stores from being lawfully reprimanded,  the lawsuits filed may out weight the cost of the merchandise.  What a joke! The world has definitely gone mad! 

Message 8 of 83
latest reply

California law stipulates 6 months in jail and $1,000 fine for shoplifting but that hasn't stopped the thieves at all.   Police will not respond if store calls them about shoplifting (don't want to be bothered and it is dangerous for store clerks to intervene).

Good news...California police recovered $18 MILLON merchandise stolen from railroad cars.   Also they have recovered tons of stolen merchandise from storage units.   I guess now they have to figure out which stores it belongs to.

Crime is rampant in California because we have  new "catch & release" law (nobody has to pay bail money).  Law was created because they believed "bail payment" law was unfair to poor people (rich people could easily pay bail and poor people had to rot in jail waiting for their trial).

Problem with "catch & release" it is the same people are immediately released and commit crimes over & over again.  Honestly, I believe they should repeal this law (turned out to be a huge mistake).

Message 9 of 83
latest reply

"Crime is rampant in California because we have  new "catch & release" law..."

@caldreamer 

In Tennesse it's not so  rampant... but we've named the treatment "Hug a Thug", anyway. 

Message 10 of 83
latest reply

@caldreamer 

Another member here on the boards posted a video about the trains being robbed in the Long Beach and LA areas.  It blew me away.  You would think there would be more police on the lookout for this, but my guess is the cops have their hands pretty full in those areas.   Yes, I agree that law needs to be repealed and people need to be accountable for their crimes.  If it's wrong, it's wrong.  

Message 11 of 83
latest reply

Yes I have and yes you can outright steal now! Its so crazy, boggles my mind. No one does anything because of fear of being assaulted (like me) or they want to video and let it happen. Yes, stores are scared of being sued for injury (which is nuts, they are criminals). This world doesn't make any sense to me anymore.

Message 12 of 83
latest reply

The loss for theft is built into the price that law abiding citizens are paying. The dollar value of theft is mind boggling. Everything from electronics to high dollar booze shoved up you know where to whatever. 

I am not afraid of assault. Old grandma just gives the lifter at the grocery store the evil eye and follows them around. But I do not live in a catch and release state. I do not live in a big city where it is dangerous to breathe.

Message 13 of 83
latest reply

@caldreamer wrote:

California law stipulates 6 months in jail and $1,000 fine for shoplifting but that hasn't stopped the thieves at all.   Police will not respond if store calls them about shoplifting (don't want to be bothered and it is dangerous for store clerks to intervene).

Good news...California police recovered $18 MILLON merchandise stolen from railroad cars.   Also they have recovered tons of stolen merchandise from storage units.   I guess now they have to figure out which stores it belongs to.

Crime is rampant in California because we have  new "catch & release" law (nobody has to pay bail money).  Law was created because they believed "bail payment" law was unfair to poor people (rich people could easily pay bail and poor people had to rot in jail waiting for their trial).

Problem with "catch & release" it is the same people are immediately released and commit crimes over & over again.  Honestly, I believe they should repeal this law (turned out to be a huge mistake).

I don't know about CA but in NY its not up to the judges discretion and that's a problem.  The entire debacle is a problem but people dont want pay costs of incarceration facilities and of course Covid was the big reason why these acts were put into place really and that still exists.  Pandemic isn't over and a sheer glance at China shows such, I know medical folks/researchers, this is endemic and the repercussions are just staggering.  

Message 14 of 83
latest reply

Judging by the recent elections, a majority of people are satisfied with this type of culture. Many of the nominees who ran on hard anti-crime platforms did not get elected, while many of the people who have been in charge for years now, did.

Message 15 of 83
latest reply