cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 Items Relisted Overnight - NOT by Me - Were NOT Set to End Today - None of Free 50 Listings Used

Bizarre occurrence happened early this morning.  Twenty (20) of my items were relisted.  None were scheduled to end in the past 24 hours (and auto-relist under the new everything is good-til-cancelled rule).  They all had several-to-many more days remaining.  I am 100% sure of that fact because I watch my 50 free listings like a hawk.

I know the timing because I know the last new item I listed before going to bed.  That item now shows 29 days and 12 hours remaining.  There are 20 of my old items relisted AFTER that; those 20 items all now show 29 days 20-23+ hours remaining.

All of the items are Buy-It-Now.

I am 100% sure that none of these 20 were set to end (and automatically relist as good 'til cancelled) because I watch my 50 free monthly listings like a hawk.  I END items that are at the end of their 30 days before they relist unless I specifically want them to roll over.

None of my free 50 listings were used in the process.  I had 7 free listings left last night and I still have 7 free left.

Did anyone else have this happen?!?!  Five of them were in the past two hours.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: 20 Items Relisted Overnight - NOT by Me - Were NOT Set to End Today - None of Free 50 Listings U

@mangorunner wrote:

I am 100% sure that none of these 20 were set to end (and automatically relist as good 'til cancelled) because I watch my 50 free monthly listings like a hawk.

You listed 20 items on May 25th- plus 30 days- those listings were all scheduled to auto-renew today on June 24th. I don't see an error with the renewal.

You lucked out having an active promotion at the time of the relists.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: 20 Items Relisted Overnight - NOT by Me - Were NOT Set to End Today - None of Free 50 Listings U

Before March 18, I had some 30 day fixed price thatvdid relist automatically. I didn’t mark anything on the listing. I did start them originally on my iPad. After the forced Gtc mandate, I end all of my Gtc early. I wont let them relist.

There is also a free 200 promo. Perhaps, they were taken from there?
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:
After the forced Gtc mandate, I end all of my Gtc early. I wont let them relist.

Ditto.  That is exactly what I have been doing.  I monitor my 50 free listings like a hawk.  NONE of the 20 were scheduled to end/relist under GTC in the past 24 hours. 

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:
There is also a free 200 promo. Perhaps, they were taken from there?

No, because those 200 are only for new listings, not relistings.  I would have had to list these items as new, or "sell a similar item", to use any of those 200.  And, I would have had to do it myself.  No, none of my 200 promo listings were used.

These relistings are not under usual circumstances.  I wonder if this is related to the upcoming Calendar-month renewals for Good 'Til Cancelled listings that is scheduled to begin in a few days on Monday, July 1, 2019?  I wonder if they are already monkeying around with the dates/time periods?

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Just as a heads up, any relisting GTC will use the promo freebies.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
Just as a heads up, any relisting GTC will use the promo freebies.

Wow, you are right.  I went back to Offer and sure enough, it says "Includes Relist".  That is a new one on me.  Thanks for the info.

However, my initial puzzlement still stands.  I have no idea what happened to have these 20 items to be relisted when they were nowhere near their End dates.  My best guess is that eBay is monkeying with end dates as part software/coding/programming changes in preparation for next Monday's policy/timing change with GTC. 

I am still very curious if anyone else has experienced the same?

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

The new policy was designed to screw the sellers. And the screwing has begun. Thanks a lot, eBay.
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@mangorunner wrote:

I am 100% sure that none of these 20 were set to end (and automatically relist as good 'til cancelled) because I watch my 50 free monthly listings like a hawk.

You listed 20 items on May 25th- plus 30 days- those listings were all scheduled to auto-renew today on June 24th. I don't see an error with the renewal.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@mangorunner wrote:

I guess I am officially losing it (my mind).  Sorry to waste so much of everyone's time.  Coffee, thanks for taking so much of your precious time to show me that I must be wrong.   I appreciate it very much.  And yes, you are right, I'm darn lucky to have that promo.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Have not had that happen. They have no right relisting without our consent anyway. But I do have listings simply disappear on a regular basis and when I check inventory is when I find multiple items that were listed are simply gone for no reason.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

And btw they most likely charged you on those listings, that's why none of your free listings were used.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@bewitched777 wrote:

And btw they most likely charged you on those listings, that's why none of your free listings were used.

No, I didn't incur any charges because in a new twist, this most recent 200-listings promo included renewals of GTC listings.   Thank goodness, right?   And although I've been red with embarrassment for the past 24 hours for posting this thread in the first place, the upside is that I got an additional 20 items listed under the promo without doing it manually, myself.   And I learned that the promos (at least this one) are including renewals - I would have never have realized that without this thread.  What a serendipity!

Here's a screen shot of the applicable phrase in the promo's Terms and Conditions:

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

mango- If you use Seller Hub to view your active listings you can customize your view and add the column titled "time left"- that will tell you exactly how much time remains before a listing renews. It should make things easier to manage if you intend to end listings before they renew.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Doh! eBay got me good for the auto renew today. Didn't end before the listings were set to relist. Guess I'm in the red this billing cycle... arrggg... eBay got my free labor plus I had to pay them to work for them... Gotta love eBay! NOT!
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

All of my promos have included renewals and relists for years now, so I don't believe this is new, or at least, not very new.   I vaguely recall when they first offered them the rules may have been different. 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

mango- If you use Seller Hub to view your active listings

I already do

@coffeebean832 wrote:

and add the column titled "time left"- that will tell you exactly how much time remains before a listing renews.

and I already do.

And I have a browser toolbar shortcut to eBay's classic All Selling page that is sorted by Time Left, too.

I'm just an idiot. Smiley Embarassed

Message 15 of 25
latest reply