cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, September 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Community Chat, September 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Good afternoon eBay Support Team!

Subject:  More Seller Hub display issues

1. Orders Tile - Managed all orders page display default issue:  When I change from the default 90 days display to "This month" it will NOT stay that way.  I shared this before on The Community, still an issue and the work around to get the monthly display and Bookmark it is NOT what I would expect to have to do with Seller Hub.

Screenshot (3047).png

2. Overview page Sales total:  The default, or more accurately the ONLY, display choice is the last 31 days.  My first job as a kid was delivering Newspapers ... we had to collect from customers on a MONTHLY BASIS ... since then EVERY BILL I have had to pay has been MONTHLY, many other things are MONTHLY including eBay invoices (when they had them) and MONTHLY Store subscription.   Sellers need the choice to have this display CURRENT MONTH.

Screenshot (3048).png

-----

Edit: A reply to your comments can be found here

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 31 of 64
latest reply

@glenvonnie wrote:

Hi,

On the Seller Financial Summary Page, my last 5 items which were shipped 1st Class, with 1st Class Postage being paid, are shown as having been shipped with Priority Mail. This started a couple of days ago.

I thought I had made a mistake and voided and reprinted two labels.

It's not a major issue, the labels printed out properly for 1st Class.

Thanks @glenvonnie - I really appreciate you sharing this. Having your example and @myhomeschooldelights will help when I file this tech ticket!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 32 of 64
latest reply

So again, eBay is changing the payment method and there is a HUGH GLITCH.  eBay is now taking your money for shipping labels directly from your "pending payouts" and WON'T LET YOU CHANGE TO PAYPAL for the payment method.  In the shipping center where you were able to use your credit card  to pay for the shipping labels and I was getting good cashback by using my cc for shipping label purchases. 

Paying with pending payouts.

Change to PayPal

You will be charged immediately after you click "Confirm and pay".  - HEY EBAY THIS DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO "Change to PayPal" - why offer and upset more sellers. 

ri·dic·u·lous
/rəˈdikyələs/

1. deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 33 of 64
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:
I haven't heard of this at all - that's definitely concerning. I'll get it reported from my end. Do you have current orders that are displaying that way? I'd love to grab a screenshot. 

I can offer one of my recent sales as an example. My item 234151762805 had First Class Package as the default method, but I actually shipped it via Priority Mail. The tracking number shown in the sales record is correct (order number 17-07523-32954), but the Shipping method shown there is USPS First Class, which it was not.

It appears that default data field values from the Shipping form are being copied into the sales record, rather than the values in effect when the Shipping label was eventually purchased. Changes made by the seller prior to purchasing the label do not seem to have been recorded.

I can actually see this error occurring in any sale of mine where I changed the shipping method. Other examples include 334120975673 (Order Number 25-07517-79456) or 234135984701 (08-07494-61694). I can provide more, but three is probably plenty.

I first posted this in the Technical Issues group about a month ago, but with no apparent response: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Order-Details-showing-wrong-Shipping-Metho... 

-----

Message 34 of 64
latest reply

@myhomeschooldelights wrote:

Hi Tyler!

Yes, I do.  As an example, try order #25-07542-16731

From order details page it says:
Shipping details
Shipping method  USPS Media Mail

But from Payments Summary page it says:
Shipping label for order no. 25-07542-16731
USPS Priority Mail

Thanks so much for helping.

Thanks @myhomeschooldelights - this will help immensely!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 35 of 64
latest reply

Thank You I didn't realize "doesn't fit" was a remorse reason. Thanks for sending the suggestion.

Message 36 of 64
latest reply

Can't report the buyer because there's no place for bypassing returns or not showing proof

-----

Message 37 of 64
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

When I ask for pictures they immediately filed a CC dispute, there needs to be a buffer for sellers, I'm pulling all my high dollar items off, I'm out $70 now with no way to file insurance claim.

@tsme35 while you and we can't force cooperation from the buyer, you should be able to start the insurance claim being the shipper of the item. Sometimes they need pics, sometimes the item, sometimes neither; it can really vary depending on the carrier and service used. I'd still encourage you to try and pursue it and see what they request of you from there. Then report and block the buyer in the meantime if they won't help with whatever you ask of them. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 38 of 64
latest reply

@postcardcountry wrote:

I have noticed an odd problem....I am hoping you can explain eBay's math....

Seller Hub --> Seller Level 

Transaction defect rate      1 of 1080 items   ---   .09 percent      ?????????

when I see all, it shows only 1 defect

.09 percent would be 97 items

Return rate does the same thing

1 of 1079 transactions   ----  .09 percent  ???????

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would start to question all of eBay's math.

Hey there @postcardcountry f you feel the math is off on your dashboard please reach out to CS so it can be reported properly, thanks! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 39 of 64
latest reply

@myhomeschooldelights wrote:

velvet@ebay 

@tsme35 

I think the main point here as well as with  @farmlandparts message, is there is no way for a seller to do what you're suggesting if eBay automatically accepts a return (even before a customer receives no less).  The system is not allowing us to communicate with buyers and makes it very, very easy for them to simply choose any reason they want to get their money back.  Some dispute it on their charge cards.  Communication has always been key to excellent customer service.  If we have no ability to respond and communicate before a return is automatically authorized, it really cripples us.

A friend of mine had a claim late last week that was auto accepted by Ebay even though she had RMAs required to be issued by her, no contact for that was made.  So the buyer claimed they received the wrong item.  My friend researched the claim and sure enough the wrong item did get shipped.  She then went to try and contact the buyer to offer her a full refund upon return of the item [at seller expense] or the buyer could return the item they received and then she would ship out the one they should have sent in the first place.

Much to her dismay there was no way for her to contact the buyer within the return request.  She then went to try to contact the buyer from another direction and was blocked from contacting the buyer at all.

So Ebay block ALL ability for the seller to communicate with their buyer and offer PROPER customer service.  That is ridiculous and should NEVER happen.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 40 of 64
latest reply

@postcardcountry wrote:

I have noticed an odd problem....I am hoping you can explain eBay's math....

Seller Hub --> Seller Level 

Transaction defect rate      1 of 1080 items   ---   .09 percent      ?????????

.09 percent would be 97 items

Return rate does the same thing

1 of 1079 transactions   ----  .09 percent  ???????

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would start to question all of eBay's math.

@postcardcountry, the math seems to be correct to me.

1 / 1080 = 0.000925925925925925 then if you multiply that by 100% to get the percentage, it gives 0.09259% ... rounding that off to 2 decimal places, it is 0.09%

Your second example:

1 / 1079 = 0.000926784059314179 multiplied by 100% gives 0.09268% and rounding that to 2 decimal places it is 0.09% again.

If you had 97 defects out of 1080 transactions, that would be 0.08981481481481481481481481481481 or 8.98%.

Message 41 of 64
latest reply

Jasmen,

Do you agree the math is off?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 42 of 64
latest reply

What happened to Parcel Select shipping?

I used to use that on all my heavier-than-first-class-but-not-media items.

What is a viable (cheap) alternative?

Message 43 of 64
latest reply

Hi Tyler, I have a question about a Global Shipping Program Sale. I sold an item through GSP on June 28th. The tracking now shows "UNABLE TO DELIVER SYSTEM CLOSED". What exactly does this mean. I normally receive detailed tracking messages through Ebay all the way through the delivery process in my Email Account but I received no such update on this transaction? Does this GSP Tracking Message mean that my Customer was REFUNDED and the Transaction is closed? Or Something else? Thanks Eric

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 44 of 64
latest reply

@pelemana wrote:

So again, eBay is changing the payment method and there is a HUGH GLITCH.  eBay is now taking your money for shipping labels directly from your "pending payouts" and WON'T LET YOU CHANGE TO PAYPAL for the payment method.  In the shipping center where you were able to use your credit card  to pay for the shipping labels and I was getting good cashback by using my cc for shipping label purchases. 

Paying with pending payouts.

Change to PayPal

You will be charged immediately after you click "Confirm and pay".  - HEY EBAY THIS DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO "Change to PayPal" - why offer and upset more sellers. 

ri·dic·u·lous
/rəˈdikyələs/

1. deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd.

When a seller chooses MP to fund their shipping labels, the cost is taken from Available Funds.  If for any reason your Available funds go into a negative balance because of this, as long as your Pending funds are higher than your negative balance for shipping, you will be able to continue shipping via this method.  However if your Pending funds do NOT exceed the negative balance they won't let you purchase more shipping labels funded by MP.  You could then select PP if you wanted to.

In your Site Preferences on your PP account you can set if you want the shipping charges to be funded by money you have in your PP account, or fund through your attached checking account or funded through your Credit Card of your choice.

MP Funding a Label with desc.JPG

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 45 of 64
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: