cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Oct 11th @ 1pm PT - Structured Data

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Please join us on Wed Oct 11 @ 1 pm PT for a Community chat on the topic of Structured Data. eBay experts will be on hand to answer any question you might have. 

See you then! grin

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: Community Chat, Oct 11th @ 1pm PT - Structured Data

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Just curious, are there going to be responses to questions or is this just another 'We would like to ask ....' session?

Yeah, God knows, if they leave us here alone long enough, we're bound to get into trouble!  🙂

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 31 of 85
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@golfingaddict wrote:

@long_live_the_seller wrote:

To kick off today's chat, I'd love to start with a question for our sellers.

As eBay guides the marketplace through the changes we make to policy and product, what are some of things you as sellers would like to have to help transition your business?

(i.e. A downloadable report in Seller Hub that helps me identify all of the listings that need to be revised.)

I would like to point out a few things that I need.

1.  Guaranteed Delivery

I have no way of knowing which listings qualify for Guaranteed Delivery and which ones do not.  Nor do I have a way to know what is missing that makes them ineligible for Guaranteed Delivery.   If ebay is saying that they are not eligible then they should be able to tell me which ones are not and why not.

2  In seller hub under active listings, I would like an easy way to see which listings are 1 day handling and perhaps even how long the return policy is. i.e 30 day returns or 60 day returns.  I often just edit all my listings to make sure that they are all accurate and have the correct handling time and return time.

(I reserve the right to think of more but those have been on my mind recently)

3.  I want to be able to

Thanks golfingaddict for your suggestions. We will share them with the relevant teams. 

Tara

Message 32 of 85
latest reply

The removal of my notes on sold items it costing me time. There is a reason for having my notes. I know I have to ship in one day and the date if you need room. Surely you can put my little one line notes on all my listings....active....unsold....sold. Please fix this.

Texy

Message 33 of 85
latest reply

Thanks for all of the Seller Hub suggestions.  I will take them back to the team for considerations.

In addition to reporting, are there any questions about Structured Data specifically and what you are currently thinking about as you revise your listings?

Message 34 of 85
latest reply

The new page has us going more and more from page to page and we are back to the "long running scripts. This makes the new system super slow.

Texy

Message 35 of 85
latest reply

@stoneledge wrote:

@coinslabz26 wrote:
The seller hub has nice features and can be useful but listed and sold items are the most important things to see. Ebay had it right with the old page. Why are we no longer able to use the old my ebay page without the choice to use what works best for us?

When I need to see the graphs and other info I could make a bunch of clicks and page loads to get there. Why are those things I don't really need the first things I have to see in my ebay? Why is it all the important things like my sold items, questions, and ability to print shipping labels cause me all the clicks and page loads?

Don't get me wrong the seller hub is nice but the only thing that matters to me is giving great service and maintaining perfect ratings. Seller hub does not accomplish this, only the old page does.

Also setting the old my ebay to display items newly listed reveals in real time when items over 16 months old have been relisted and need revising. This alerts me to check the price and other info, a feature I lose with seller hub. The growth suggested data compares my products to unrelated items so in collectable category it isn't useful, neither is my growth rate of my top two categories. All of the new stuff is not very helpful and the important stuff is a few clicks away. How do we benefit?

The Overview Page is not "The Seller Hub."  It's just a tool that's part of the Seller Hub.

The Seller Hub is the menu across the top of the page and down the left side of the page. 

eBay has failed to define what the Seller Hub is for Sellers and it has generated a lot of confusion. 

Most of what Sellers need to do are on the Orders and Listings pages of the Seller Hub.

No I understand pretty well what it does and what is where.  I think in that respect ebay did well. The problem is that the info in the overview is not useful to me or was readily available on the old selling page.

Message 36 of 85
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

When I do a "Sell Similar",

- the size and weight of the item should be carried over into my listing.

- Likewise, the UPC/EAN/MPN, etc. Not just the title and category

We were recently made aware of this issue.  Our developers are currently looking into the problem.

Thank you.

Message 37 of 85
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Just curious, are there going to be responses to questions or is this just another 'We would like to ask ....' session?

Yeah, God knows, if they leave us here alone long enough, we're bound to get into trouble!  🙂

Amen to that (I thiink I already have Smiley Wink)

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 38 of 85
latest reply

@long_live_the_seller

I do not know if I need to revise my listings.  How co I know that I do not have the correct term "structured data" in my listings?

I use Item specifics.  If those are not part of structured data where do I put Sturctured data in my listings?

I can't revise something if I do not know it is missing.

Message 39 of 85
latest reply

<soapbox on>

You really want to help sellers:

• Slow down the changes! 
  • Talk to us BEFORE the changes are put in place, multiple times, multiple venues!
  • TELL US when you going to run some sort of "test feature" such as Best Offer on Auctions.
  • Don't use us a guinia pigs for the "next great idea" without telling us.
  • Get more eBay staff to address issues raised on the community boards
  • Don't use twitter and facebook as your primary support services, many of us have little use for either and can't access them when issues actually arise.
  • You should have policies and procedures in place for IT planning, development, testing, user acceptance testing and end user assistance.  They are obviously not being enforced.  Start enforcing them.
  • Have the same rules and policies for non-USA sellers as USA sellers.

I could go on but  </Soapbox off>

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 40 of 85
latest reply

@long_live_the_seller wrote:

Thanks for all of the Seller Hub suggestions.  I will take them back to the team for considerations.

In addition to reporting, are there any questions about Structured Data specifically and what you are currently thinking about as you revise your listings?

Maybe you better define what you are looking for in reference to Structured Data......I could tell you right now I'm wondering if any auctions I list are going to have Best offer on them.........but I doubt that's what you are looking for.......

Message 41 of 85
latest reply

Seller Hub All Selling Box

I would like to be able to remove the awaiting International shipping line.  I don't ship internationally.  Seller Hub will not allow me to delete or rearrange that line item.

I want to see Archived listings front and center as I use these sold and shipped listings to relist when I acquire new stock.  I really don't like having to click the little arrow to see the link.  

It just bugs me.

BonnieJo

Message 42 of 85
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

<soapbox on>

You really want to help sellers:

• Slow down the changes! 
  • Talk to us BEFORE the changes are put in place, multiple times, multiple venues!
  • TELL US when you going to run some sort of "test feature" such as Best Offer on Auctions.
  • Don't use us a guinia pigs for the "next great idea" without telling us.
  • Get more eBay staff to address issues raised on the community boards
  • Don't use twitter and facebook as your primary support services, many of us have little use for either and can't access them when issues actually arise.
  • You should have policies and procedures in place for IT planning, development, testing, user acceptance testing and end user assistance.  They are obviously not being enforced.  Start enforcing them.
  • Have the same rules and policies for non-USA sellers as USA sellers.

I could go on but  </Soapbox off>

Yes. YES. Y*E*S!!!

Message 43 of 85
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I had a Halloween item to list. Yankee Candle holder made in 2011

Collectibles > Holiday & Seasonal > Halloween > Current (1991-Now) > Candles & Candleholders

I had the MPN, but there is no place in that category for MPNs ...I did put it in the title, but that didn't get it picked up.

There is a Product page for the item

https://www.ebay.com/p/yankee-candle-boney-bunch-witch-led-globe-halloween-tea-light-holder-2011/140...

That item is in 2 categories from what I can tell......the Halloween one above and Home Decor>candleholders...... and using the MPN in that category gives them the page.

There are 3 others (and have been more at times) that can't get on the Product page because they are listed on what, logically, would seem to be the more correct category.

I submitted this to your people with the suggestion that the Halloween category, since it is post 1991, should have a space for UPCs..... since they may be available to sellers. I was told to list in both categories.

This is no small category.......and a popular one.....why wouldn't it have UPC/MPN options?

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.  I will make sure the team is aware that we can extend the use of this product page to additional categories.  Over time, as we are able to compare item attributes and product identifiers, product pages should automatically merchandise like items in the categories where they are present.

In the meantime, you can submit product suggestions or issues to

dl-ebay-catalogsubmission@ebay.com

Thank you.

Message 44 of 85
latest reply

<soapbox on>

and my other pet peeve, don't encourage sellers to offer 60 day returns when the system won't automatically return FVF after 30 days, cart comes AFTER the horse, not before.

</soapbox off>

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 45 of 85
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: