cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 6 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone! We hope to see you here on March 6 at 1 PM PT for our weekly Chat with the Community Team. Bring your general buying and selling questions for discussion slight_smile

Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Re: Community Chat, March 6 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

On the SELLER Board, a seller details that he sold an antique book.

His "buyer" opened a "SNAD" return.

The book seller got back had all the illustrations CUT OUT.

So, even w/ "free" returns, seller loses: postage 2x and 1/2 item price.

And basically gets back worthless, un-sellable paper.

WHY can't eBay 'bond' good sellers, who have a long, clean history,

so THOSE sellers get to report to eBay, BEFORE a refund is issued ?

Seller would complete a form, attach proof, and eBay can review.

This would certainly stop the bad apples.

It would SAVE eBay money in the long run.

Shipping is not an entitlement, it's a convenience.
Convenience costs money.
Shipping ain't free.
All Customers have a need,
Some are more needy than others.
Message 46 of 87
latest reply

Hello Community Team members!

I've got a suggestion for your IT team to consider.  I wonder if it's possible to develop a feature where sellers can REPRINT shipping labels in bulk?  

It doesn't happen often, but once in a blue moon, I encounter a system error where a bulk batch of labels that were successfully paid for, did not print.   When that happens, it's impossible to reprint in a single bulk batch.  Instead, I have to click each label individually to reprint.  If I had less than 10 labels, it's no big deal.  But if I have more than 20 labels to reprint individually, it gets to be time-consuming. I'm sure there are other high volume sellers out there who may even print up to 50 labels in one shot. But if the dreaded technical system error happens right when the bulk label printing window is supposed to appear, then the labels cannot be printed in bulk.  

If I'm mistaken and there currently *is* a way to reprint in bulk, please let me know how to do it.  Otherwise, I think the fix would be for a "checkbox" placed next to each of the shipping label transactions, so sellers can select multiple labels that need to be reprinted in bulk.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 87
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vrykalak wrote:

Several times in the last couple of weeks, I've relisted something that I thought I had already relisted, but couldn't find in a search. So I relist it, no problem...then I see it actually IS already there, and now I have two of them. Why are they still on the "Unsold (not relisted)" page? And why doesn't eBay catch duplicate listings anymore?
(a couple that I caught, and did not relist:  382801187551 & 382748836325, 382776640949 & 382754910721)

Hi @vrykalak. while eBay does review for duplicate listing violations and notifies a seller when these are found so they can resolve this, the responsibility for preventing this type of issue from arising is ultimately the seller's. 

As for these listings showing up on the Not yet relisted page, the first item number you shared is not present on this list. The second item number is present, because you ended that listing and have not yet relisted it. It will not automatically be removed from this list because you accidentally listed it twice and ended one of the listings. You would need to take steps to delete it from this list before it was inadvertently relisted again. The same is true for the third and fourth item numbers you shared - the third is not on the Not yet relisted list because it is currently listed. The fourth item number is present on that list because you ended the listing and did not delete it from your not yet relisted list. These are the steps you would need to take when you mistakenly created duplicate listings and have ended one of the duplicates.

Message 48 of 87
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

vrykalak,

I don't think so. YOU can see the remaining time in YOUR Seller Hub. I don't think buyers see a count down on the listing itself. (Although the Ending Soonest sort would show them the time left, as GTC listings are treated same as 30 day for the Ending Soonest sort in Search.

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - just want to clarify that GTC listings present themselves as 30 day listings to buyers. This means that on watchlists and in search results the time remaining for the listings' current cycle is displayed or factored. 

The countdown is not displayed on the listing itself, as it would in an auction or other fixed price listing, but from search results (via 'ending soonest') or the watchlist the time remaining is displayed to promote that sense of urgency.

I understand why it's not shown now on GTC listings..........since 30 days listings show it.......  (I guess is the reason).....  but when only GTC goes into effect.......why NOT show the ending time within the listing......since it is displayed on search results?  Perhaps a suggestion to the team?  It doesn't really make sense to show it on one, but not the other..........

Message 49 of 87
latest reply

Tyler,
You say: "The countdown is not displayed on the listing itself, as it would in an auction or other fixed price listing, but from search results (via 'ending soonest') or the watchlist the time remaining is displayed to promote that sense of urgency."

If it's worth showing the time remaining in those places to promote the sense of urgency, why wouldn't it be equally valuable to do so on the listing itself?
Message 50 of 87
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vrykalak wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

" You can sort your listings by the time remaining in Seller Hub if you would like to monitor your inventory more closely."

Good news! So there WILL still be 1st and last days showing on a listing?
So people can continue to buy on those days, as they have in the past?
That would solve half of my issue with the GTC requirement.

Hi @vrykalak, a Good 'Til Cancelled listing is set up to renew every 30 days. The listing has a natural end time and this will be displayed to you in Seller Hub if you sort with this value. I'm not quite certain what you are asking when you reference purchases being possible on the first and last days? As long as the listing is active, a purchase can be made and with Good 'Til Cancelled listings, immediately when the listing "ends" it is renewed.

I was referring to my earlier comment, that 60% of my sales occur on the first 2 or the last 2 days a listing is active.
For that reason, I want potential buyers to know that a listing has just started, or is about to end. 

Hi @vrykalak, thank you for clarifying. I was just confused as to what had given you the impression that the buyer would not be able to buy an item in the first or last day of the listing. I encourage you to list an item with the Good 'Til Cancelled format so you can see for yourself how it is displayed on the site and from within the All Selling page and/or Seller Hub.

Message 51 of 87
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
When you relisted did you use relist or sell similar? I'm not sure, but I think if you use Sell Similar the listing remains in unsold not relisted, since technically it wasn't relisted.....could that be the issue?

I used Relist. And I didn't "Relist" until I had checked with a search to make sure it wasn't already active. The Search turned up nothing, so I relisted the item...and then found out later that it was already there.
The two examples I gave are items that are shown on BOTH the Active Listings page and the Unsold/Relist page right now.
That should never happen. As far as I know, it didn't ever happen until a couple of months ago.

Message 52 of 87
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, the chat is now open for replies!

If Ebay really expected sellers to believe the you know what of GTC listings, they would change them to renew on the listing date in future months instead of the 30 days. Then there would not be any possibility of double billing.

Then Ebay would be happy (which I seriously doubt) and sellers would also be happy.

As it is, it is a cash grab from unsuspecting sellers as well as another make work project, and nothing Ebay says will change sellers opinions..

Hi @papermoneyforme, that's a valid concern and was addressed in a post last week. Here's the relevant quote from that post, "We’re also aware of concerns about the 30 day auto-renewal period not syncing with monthly billing cycles. We’re looking into this. Thank you for your patience."

We don't have any new information to share, but this is being actively reviewed. Keep an eye out for future updates! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 53 of 87
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

I have a problem in my seller dashboard.

It is related to shipping, uploaded tracking and validated shipping.

1. I use ebay labels

2. I ship everything within 1 day

3. I did not have any issues in   December, January or February no late, no missing tracking. I had  0% in all areas of my seller dashboard in Defect rate, shipping on time, late shipment rate, uploaded on time and validated.  Perfect across the board in all months.

Suddenly today, I have 99.55 and show that I did not have tracking on two transactions in December. Out of the blue. They were not there in December, They were not there in January, They were not There in February.  They appeared sometime between yesterday afternoon and this morning with a recent update of my dashboard I assume.

I called ebay support (concierge) Which was no help. She told me that it was for a late tracking validated  in October.

I showed her the transaction details in the dashboard which is showing that I have 2 items not uploaded/shipped in December.  (this is completely untrue)

She then said that they just don't show up yet on my reports in the dashboard (see full report under tracking uploaded on time and validated)

But that does not seem right as ebay is showing them in December and they don't show up until now? why the delay, why would they not appear until March?

I further suggested that since they have no item number and they have no further info to give me that perhaps they are false?  (I can assure you without any doubt that I shipped every single order and I shipped on time and I uploaded tracking and they were validated by the carrier on time)

She finally put me on hold and came back within a few minutes and suggested that perhaps the info will show up later (or that I should not worry since it does not affect me)  She would not accept that it might be an ebay error and since she could not explain or show me the details.  She did finally accept that she could send it to "tech" and I would just have to deal with it and she would get back to me if she found out anything.

So my question and point of all of this.

1.  I did nothing wrong and I have these "defects or missed shipping" on my record.

2. If ebay expects sellers to follow the rules and standards and ship on time and provide great customer service I expect ebay to do the same.

3.  I don't think it is fair to have these types of defects or error rates show up 2 months after the fact with no detail and expect me to just accept them when I know my history and my record is clear, 100% shipping on time for those months.

Thank you.  (I have pictures I can post of the details from my dashboard if you need them)

Where are these coming from and how do I get them off my record.  I do not think it is too much to ask for ebay to correct what appears to be an error.

Tracking uploaded on time and validated

Hi @golfingaddict - it sounds like there may be some confusion on the part of Concierge, I'll definitely work with getting their contacts with you reviewed. 

The Tracking Uploaded on Time and Validated metric counts any transactions as 'missing' until tracking proves otherwise. It's the only metric built that way, and it can be stressful for that reason. If a few of your items sold today, it would show as a potential miss until your tracking upload validates, at which point it would change the percentage.  However, this should only fluctuate on the 'If we were to evaluate you today' tab. Your 'Current Seller Level' section should not change, since that was made permanent at the time of the last evaluation.

If you are looking at the 'If we evaluated you today' section, be aware that that number will fluctuate as you have sales come in and orders go out. 

If you see something different feel free to update me with screenshots. Alternatively, you can look at the 'Get Report' section for data on what items were counted against you when it comes to evaluations. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 54 of 87
latest reply

Can it or has it been brought to anyone's attention with the new shipping label that 
USPS insurance only shows in the drop on services such as First class or Media Mail
If we use Priority mail there is no drop down for USPS only Ship cover insurance
Is it because we get the $50 or $100.0 USPS already ?
I have items I still add insurance to and would like this fixed please !!
I have to revert back to classic as it is still correct .

And the change mailing zip code  anything there? Don't want to change full address and I have a post office one way within 5 miles with one zip code & one in the other direction with a different zip code

Thanks

Message 55 of 87
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mg152 wrote:
Thanks again for everyone’s help in the community again this week. Personally I have no problems with GTC. I use it most of the time anyway. I guess I don’t understand long time members threatening to quit the site over this.
As long as my eBay stock is rising and my account is in good standing I have no issues. 😀😎

Hi @mg152, thank you for sharing your perspective! I have spoken with countless sellers who have had the same experience as yourself. We are confident that in the coming months as sellers have an opportunity to experience the GTC format first hand the benefits will speak for themselves slight_smile

Message 56 of 87
latest reply

@trinton
But... it a GTC rolls over, news, w/o a sale, in a few months, doesn't 'Cassini' see it as 'undesirable' ?
So, basically, while a GTC -may- show in 'google search'... it will be demoted in eBay 'Best Match', no ?
Shipping is not an entitlement, it's a convenience.
Convenience costs money.
Shipping ain't free.
All Customers have a need,
Some are more needy than others.
Message 57 of 87
latest reply

OK, Thanks. Hope you can get it resolved.
Message 58 of 87
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, the chat is now open for replies!

If Ebay really expected sellers to believe the you know what of GTC listings, they would change them to renew on the listing date in future months instead of the 30 days. Then there would not be any possibility of double billing.

Then Ebay would be happy (which I seriously doubt) and sellers would also be happy.

As it is, it is a cash grab from unsuspecting sellers as well as another make work project, and nothing Ebay says will change sellers opinions..

Hi @papermoneyforme, that's a valid concern and was addressed in a post last week. Here's the relevant quote from that post, "We’re also aware of concerns about the 30 day auto-renewal period not syncing with monthly billing cycles. We’re looking into this. Thank you for your patience."

We don't have any new information to share, but this is being actively reviewed. Keep an eye out for future updates! 

In the meantime, while Ebay decides what the best approach is to this.  Just don't list your GTCs on the 1st or 31st and that will avoid the issue for quite a few months.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 59 of 87
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@golfingaddict wrote:

I have a problem in my seller dashboard.

It is related to shipping, uploaded tracking and validated shipping.

1. I use ebay labels

2. I ship everything within 1 day

3. I did not have any issues in   December, January or February no late, no missing tracking. I had  0% in all areas of my seller dashboard in Defect rate, shipping on time, late shipment rate, uploaded on time and validated.  Perfect across the board in all months.

Suddenly today, I have 99.55 and show that I did not have tracking on two transactions in December. Out of the blue. They were not there in December, They were not there in January, They were not There in February.  They appeared sometime between yesterday afternoon and this morning with a recent update of my dashboard I assume.

I called ebay support (concierge) Which was no help. She told me that it was for a late tracking validated  in October.

I showed her the transaction details in the dashboard which is showing that I have 2 items not uploaded/shipped in December.  (this is completely untrue)

She then said that they just don't show up yet on my reports in the dashboard (see full report under tracking uploaded on time and validated)

But that does not seem right as ebay is showing them in December and they don't show up until now? why the delay, why would they not appear until March?

I further suggested that since they have no item number and they have no further info to give me that perhaps they are false?  (I can assure you without any doubt that I shipped every single order and I shipped on time and I uploaded tracking and they were validated by the carrier on time)

She finally put me on hold and came back within a few minutes and suggested that perhaps the info will show up later (or that I should not worry since it does not affect me)  She would not accept that it might be an ebay error and since she could not explain or show me the details.  She did finally accept that she could send it to "tech" and I would just have to deal with it and she would get back to me if she found out anything.

So my question and point of all of this.

1.  I did nothing wrong and I have these "defects or missed shipping" on my record.

2. If ebay expects sellers to follow the rules and standards and ship on time and provide great customer service I expect ebay to do the same.

3.  I don't think it is fair to have these types of defects or error rates show up 2 months after the fact with no detail and expect me to just accept them when I know my history and my record is clear, 100% shipping on time for those months.

Thank you.  (I have pictures I can post of the details from my dashboard if you need them)

Where are these coming from and how do I get them off my record.  I do not think it is too much to ask for ebay to correct what appears to be an error.

Tracking uploaded on time and validated

Hi @golfingaddict - it sounds like there may be some confusion on the part of Concierge, I'll definitely work with getting their contacts with you reviewed. 

The Tracking Uploaded on Time and Validated metric counts any transactions as 'missing' until tracking proves otherwise. It's the only metric built that way, and it can be stressful for that reason. If a few of your items sold today, it would show as a potential miss until your tracking upload validates, at which point it would change the percentage.  However, this should only fluctuate on the 'If we were to evaluate you today' tab. Your 'Current Seller Level' section should not change, since that was made permanent at the time of the last evaluation.

If you are looking at the 'If we evaluated you today' section, be aware that that number will fluctuate as you have sales come in and orders go out. 

If you see something different feel free to update me with screenshots. Alternatively, you can look at the 'Get Report' section for data on what items were counted against you when it comes to evaluations. Thanks!

Tyler did you read what I wrote?

These are new "missing uploads" that mysteriously showed up today that apparently happened back in December.  Are you seriously telling me that ebay did not report them until today? Two plus months later? They didn't report them in December, or January or February. They showed up in March?

And they do not show up in Full Details.  There are no transaction reports, There are no item details.

What can I say to be understood. These are phantom transactions.  I shipped everything, by ebay labels which automatically upload.  Why am I missing?

Message 60 of 87
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: