cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 6 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone! We hope to see you here on March 6 at 1 PM PT for our weekly Chat with the Community Team. Bring your general buying and selling questions for discussion slight_smile

Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, the chat is now open for replies!

Message 2 of 87
latest reply

Has ebay determined a specific date (other than Mid-March) that forced GTC will be implemented for Fixed Price listings?

Message 3 of 87
latest reply

Is there any possibility that eBay will allow sellers to opt out of the forced GTC?

At least 40% of the items I sell are purchased in the last 3 days of the listing. (Another 20% sell in the first 2 days of a listing.) Once all listings are GTC, and there's no such thing as first/last 3 days, I could lose up to 60% of my sales. eBay's claim that GTC leads to more conversions won't work for me.

...What might lead to greater conversion, though, is if eBay stopped advertising other people's listings at the top of my listings...before showing them mine.

eBay currently gives me a notice that "98 items are ending today". I presume that notice will go away with Mandatory GTC, so I'll have to keep careful track of exactly when I list each item, in order to be able to end them all before the auto-renew kicks in.

Message 4 of 87
latest reply

In the sales record of something I just sold it says: "eBay note: This total includes tax that eBay is required to collect from your buyer. You can view the amount paid to you in the sales record." Two questions:

1) It wasn't directly available in the sales record. I had to search around and finally noticed in two different places that one screen showed one total and another screen showed a different total. I assume the difference of $1.30 is the sales tax eBay collected? Why did I have to search? Why isn't the tax collected a line item in the sales record?

2) eBay paid the tax to me. I thought eBay was going to collect state sales tax and pay it directly to the states? (Unless it's a sale to my own state.)

Message 5 of 87
latest reply

A month or two ago members were told that more Seller Protections were on their way to us this year.  Is there any update on when something may arrive or what it may look like?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 87
latest reply

@eauctionmanagement wrote:

Has ebay determined a specific date (other than Mid-March) that forced GTC will be implemented for Fixed Price listings?

Hi @eauctionmanagement - we don't have a specific date for you at this point in time other than mid-March. You'll be able to find all the latest info as we have it by visiting the Announcement Boards

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 87
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vrykalak wrote:

Is there any possibility that eBay will allow sellers to opt out of the forced GTC?

At least 40% of the items I sell are purchased in the last 3 days of the listing. (Another 20% sell in the first 2 days of a listing.) Once all listings are GTC, and there's no such thing as first/last 3 days, I could lose up to 60% of my sales. eBay's claim that GTC leads to more conversions won't work for me.

...What might lead to greater conversion, though, is if eBay stopped advertising other people's listings at the top of my listings...before showing them mine.

eBay currently gives me a notice that "98 items are ending today". I presume that notice will go away with Mandatory GTC, so I'll have to keep careful track of exactly when I list each item, in order to be able to end them all before the auto-renew kicks in.

Hi @vrykalak, while a seller can end their items at any time there are no plans to allow for some sellers to select a listing duration. We strongly believe that the Good 'Til Cancelled listing format is the right decision for our Community, as it increases the chance of a sale for our sellers and is in alignment with industry standards. You can sort your listings by the time remaining in Seller Hub if you would like to monitor your inventory more closely.

Message 8 of 87
latest reply

Hi @Anonymous  and the team!! Hope all of you are doing well 🙂

Do we know what team members will be coming down to Miami eBay Upfront on March 28th?

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 9 of 87
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

A month or two ago members were told that more Seller Protections were on their way to us this year.  Is there any update on when something may arrive or what it may look like?

Hi @mam98031 - I don't have details for you about what is being discussed, but keep an eye out for future Seller Updates with more info.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 87
latest reply

" You can sort your listings by the time remaining in Seller Hub if you would like to monitor your inventory more closely."

Good news! So there WILL still be 1st and last days showing on a listing?
So people can continue to buy on those days, as they have in the past?
That would solve half of my issue with the GTC requirement.

Message 11 of 87
latest reply

I noticed a problem with the new shipping label page: the choice of whether or not to show the shipping cost on the label has disappeared...or at least, I couldn't find it. Please put it back...or make it easier to find if it is still there.

Message 12 of 87
latest reply

Hi @theshoppingmom2 not sure if anyone from the Community team will be going, but we'll let you know!  grinning

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Miami and we loved it. Would love to come back, so you never know...

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

Hi @Anonymous  and the team!! Hope all of you are doing well 🙂

Do we know what team members will be coming down to Miami eBay Upfront on March 28th?

Message 13 of 87
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vrykalak wrote:

" You can sort your listings by the time remaining in Seller Hub if you would like to monitor your inventory more closely."

Good news! So there WILL still be 1st and last days showing on a listing?
So people can continue to buy on those days, as they have in the past?
That would solve half of my issue with the GTC requirement.

Hi @vrykalak, a Good 'Til Cancelled listing is set up to renew every 30 days. The listing has a natural end time and this will be displayed to you in Seller Hub if you sort with this value. I'm not quite certain what you are asking when you reference purchases being possible on the first and last days? As long as the listing is active, a purchase can be made and with Good 'Til Cancelled listings, immediately when the listing "ends" it is renewed.

Message 14 of 87
latest reply

and with Good 'Til Cancelled listings, immediately when the listing "ends" it is renewed.

So if you do not want the listing to auto renew, you have to end it manually before it would naturally end. 

Message 15 of 87
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: