cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop ebay from opening new tabs

when i'm doing some searches. every item i click on opens a new tab. it's FREAKING REDICULOUS !!!!!  How do i stop this. i've been looking for days now but cant find anything.

Message 1 of 149
latest reply
148 REPLIES 148

Re: how to stop ebay from opening new tabs

Thank you!!!  That was driving me crazy!!

Message 91 of 149
latest reply

Take note eBay, this New Tab policy, consciously or subliminally, has caused me to change my buying sources. It's too easy to copy the description and dump it into Amazon or the likes, and avoid this annoyance. 

Message 92 of 149
latest reply

I found the way to remove the annoying pop-up tabs after you do an ebay search! Open ebay do a search they have the three small bars just a little under the upper right hand corner (to the right of the types of listings). Click on that and go to customize then click on Open item page in "Same Tab"

Message 93 of 149
latest reply

That worked great. Thanks

Message 95 of 149
latest reply

In Ebay - Once you have typed in a search look for the 3 lines to the right of the "Lowest price first" select "Customise" from the drop down, select "Open item page in" - Same Tab
Message 96 of 149
latest reply

In Ebay - Once you have typed in a search look for the 3 lines to the right of the "Lowest price first" select "Customise" from the drop down, select "Open item page in" - Same Tab
Message 97 of 149
latest reply

I agree with all these complaints..... it is the most annoying thing yet.... I get frustrated with the many many open tabs and lose track of what I'm looking for..... I then quit and go to amazon.... is this something some bored developer thought up.... please ebay,,, put it back like it was....  thanks  joeg

Message 98 of 149
latest reply

put it back like it was

The fix can be found in the thread you are replying to.

Message 99 of 149
latest reply

The "customize" suggestion works BUT it is not remembered between sessions. This is a giant PITA!

Message 100 of 149
latest reply

Solution works BUT you must do it every time you open a new browser. eBay does not remember this setting between sessions. Does anyone from eBay monitor this! THIS SUCKS!

Message 101 of 149
latest reply

Very annoying New Tab feature. Takes a lot of users time. Please, remove this useless feature..!

Message 102 of 149
latest reply

Thank you

Message 103 of 149
latest reply

the setting in under the 3 lines on the right above the listings.

Message 104 of 149
latest reply

ebay changes things we dont want changed. and doesnt change things we do.  its a mindf is what it is. i cant even change my email address. to get messages from sellers i have to go into ebay and keep checking on replies. and its unsafe. my 5 year old email from yahoo, i could never delete, because i couldnt remember my password so its just sitting out there. and i cant change it with ebay.  i get an error everytime. no matter what browser i use. ebay is antiquated asf.

Message 105 of 149
latest reply