cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop ebay from opening new tabs

when i'm doing some searches. every item i click on opens a new tab. it's FREAKING REDICULOUS !!!!!  How do i stop this. i've been looking for days now but cant find anything.

Message 1 of 149
latest reply
148 REPLIES 148

@italianstallion_288 

Is your browser set to open pages in a new tab?

Are you using a PC or mobile?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 149
latest reply

@italianstallion_288 wrote:

it's FREAKING REDICULOUS !!!!! 

You can install a bruwser extinsion that blucks tabs from opaning. But when you back arrow from the item lesting to the search risults, you may of lost your jump-off point in the search resolts.

Message 3 of 149
latest reply

I am having the same Problem. It does Not happen on Mercari nor poshmark. this is ONLY on ebay it is sux. I have looked all over on e-bay for site settings. Nothing helps.... AND this Just started. THEY made the change. uuuuuugh

Message 4 of 149
latest reply

browser is not set to open new tabs. i'm on a pc. 

Message 5 of 149
latest reply

This is happening to me too; I've seen other posts from users on this issue, so I don't think it is something on the user's end. I also use a PC, and I've tried multiple browsers with the same result. My settings were originally set to have links pop up as new tabs, but  despite that setting eBay never did that when navigating from search results to item description until a few days ago. I took that setting off and eBay still tries to open new tabs for listings; on pages it doesn't (like the payment page in the cart) I can't get a payment to go through because the page never "returns" from choosing the payment source. So this has to be a change on eBay's end. Hopefully enough people will post so that they take notice and fix it.

Message 6 of 149
latest reply

HUH?

Message 7 of 149
latest reply

no one knows the answer... its just fked up without any explanation.. its been doing this to me for like a month or longer now.. most annoying thing ive ever witnessed in ebay history other than ridiculous seller fees.

Message 8 of 149
latest reply

To Ebay.
Please remove this "feature" from your site. Please. It sucks big time.

Message 9 of 149
latest reply

This feature just made it to me today and it sucks.  I'm losing my place as I try to use the back button and this new back button does not go back to where I was.  Please turn off this feature and go back to the way it was.

Message 10 of 149
latest reply

dprkce
Enthusiast

Just started with me today & I agree very fn annoying, enough so to make me stop using ebay if this is the new norm Im done.

Message 11 of 149
latest reply

This seems to be a new feature. You may have to learn to live with it.

Message 13 of 149
latest reply

kenatelli
Adventurer

It started with me total, very annoying. It seems to only happen when I am viewing auctions or buy it now, doesn't happen anwhere else on the stie, at least not that I have seen yet. 

Message 14 of 149
latest reply

gr8void
Pathfinder

Really annoying 'New Feature', please get rid of it. Nothing to do with browser settings on desktop PC, ebay problem, yet another foul up probably introduced for mobile version.

Much like the bug on the 'Saved Sellers' page where it is not possible to save the 'Sort By Name' always defaults to 'Sort By Date Added'. Works on mobile version, so yet another bug introduced. obviously none of the developers actually test the software on all platforms, too busy working on introducing the next useless / unwanted feature (sorry bug)!

Message 15 of 149
latest reply