cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit the HTML section on listings

I am unable to edit the HTML box on my listings.  within a second or two of accessing that section, the browser refreshes and bounces out.   I've tried editing the listing on another computer, and the same problem occurs. 

The problem showed up yesterday and still is occurring today.

Any idea when this will be remedied?

PS.  Could the powers-that-be please get rid of the gratuitous warning box that shows up every time as an extra step to click through when we go to edit the HTML language of our listings?  Yes, we are sure we want to be there.

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Unable to edit the HTML section on listings

I too can report that this issue is ongoing.  I have contacted ebay again, this time via the written chat to retain a record of what was said.  The reference for my chat was 1-462043362261 if using that will help anyone else report it.  They did not indicate that a site wide ticket has been opened, but the agent did acknowledge that she could see multiple reports, all of my reports, and the postings on the Share EBay Technical Issues.  And could see what it was doing in the draft I'd saving with problems.  Still no very hopeful this will be resolved soon, but we have to keep trying.  And I wish all the folks chiming in with suggestions like use another browser, delete cache & cookies, etc etc would read the existing posts so they would know that we've all tried that and nothing works!

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

Going on two weeks now, and the listing tool is still the same mess! What would have taken me 5 minutes, took more than 30 of solving and working around glitches, just to list ONE item, devon@ebay !!!!?

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

Same problem here, nearly impossible to list and TOTALLY impossible to edit once you get listed.  Obviously everyone at eBay is busy counting the money and paying no attention to seller issues.  I've been selling for 20+ years and they've never screwed it up this badly before that I can recall.

Message 48 of 50
latest reply

Anyone got any luck with someone from eBay acknowledging there is a technical issue with the listing tool yet? everywhere I turn CS acts like it's the first time they hear about it, even though a bunch of sellers on the forum confirmed they complained, and there are so many posts on the forum about it. The problem is not listed in System Status either, like is does not exist outside our minds! 

It's going on 3 weeks now for me, and it drives me crazy, I dread listing time!

Message 49 of 50
latest reply

@bestdealinparts I called CS and had ticket made the day I first posted, weekend came and went still had the issue, called again and had them make another ticket (apparently they didn't have one on my account for the last time) - 2 days later the issue on my account was fixed haven't had it since. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 50 of 50
latest reply