cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit the HTML section on listings

I am unable to edit the HTML box on my listings.  within a second or two of accessing that section, the browser refreshes and bounces out.   I've tried editing the listing on another computer, and the same problem occurs. 

The problem showed up yesterday and still is occurring today.

Any idea when this will be remedied?

PS.  Could the powers-that-be please get rid of the gratuitous warning box that shows up every time as an extra step to click through when we go to edit the HTML language of our listings?  Yes, we are sure we want to be there.

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Unable to edit the HTML section on listings

Day 4 stuck in Listing H***.    Still unable to use the HTML editor of the listing tool.   Any ideas on what to do next?

Message 31 of 50
latest reply

I still have the same problem on 11th March :o( Come on Ebay sort out your problem!

Message 32 of 50
latest reply

@queenofcredits wrote:

Day 4 stuck in Listing H***.    Still unable to use the HTML editor of the listing tool.   Any ideas on what to do next?

nope... I used the HTML once for a new listing yesterday and as said worked as should, no issues or refreshes, everything else that's "new" listings are just listings I ended and relisted via "Sell Similar" and thus done nothing to the description field or had to access HTML mode. ATM brand new listings here aren't going to be wide this week while I sort through older listings that need to be ended and relisted and enter quantity into those listings currently have zero (restocks). Pick up with brand new listings again next week but majority of brand new listings won't go back to normal listing routine till towards end of the month where a lot of new stuff will be coming in that will list right away. Otherwise, I haven't had any issues with ending and then using "Sell Similar" to relist those listings I ended (doing a few each day right now). 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 33 of 50
latest reply

Just noticed this today, but haven't had to edit in a few days, so I'm sure it started when the OP noticed it. Firefox 111.0.1 for mac

Message 34 of 50
latest reply

We are having this issue as well. I tried "sell similar" and no luck, different browsers,  differnt PCs cleared cookies...etc.. . I will most likely edit all the ebay fields and copy/paste my html last in hopes to beat the refresh.

Message 35 of 50
latest reply

***Update - that was short lived - unable to duplicate. I can not even edit the text within the description box without a reload (not even in html mode) ***

So my work around is to list the item, making it active on eBay. Going to the item, revise item, and the HTML editor works.

I will note that upon trying to list the item I had to:

• Click List It twice
    • First click seems to refresh yet again.
  • Second click posted the item
  • Viewed item from the pop up after listing
  • Clicked Revise item
  • Opened html editor
  • Pasted my new lines of code
  • Closed html editor
  • clicked Revise It
Message 36 of 50
latest reply

Unfortunately for me, trying this work around isn't successful.  I'm unable to edit the HTML language of live listings.  

I've had inconsistent success editing the HTML when starting with a "sell similar" listing (about 50/50 the screen will abruptly refresh and erase my progress), but no success at all if attempting to create a listing from scratch using a template.

Message 37 of 50
latest reply

Dear Everyone,

So I just opened a ticket with eBay on this issue.  The person who assisted me said they didn't have any other reports on this issue and this was the first he had heard of it.  Odd.   But he also said that the more people who report and open tickets on an issue, the faster it will get solved.  

So for all you similarly frustrated Sellers unable to use the HTML editing tool, go open a ticket.

Message 38 of 50
latest reply

@queenofcredits wrote:

I am unable to edit the HTML box on my listings.  within a second or two of accessing that section, the browser refreshes and bounces out.   I've tried editing the listing on another computer, and the same problem occurs. 

The problem showed up yesterday and still is occurring today.

Any idea when this will be remedied?

PS.  Could the powers-that-be please get rid of the gratuitous warning box that shows up every time as an extra step to click through when we go to edit the HTML language of our listings?  Yes, we are sure we want to be there.

yup and like I said yesterday to devon... I opened a ticket last week, so either the CS rep can't open a ticket right or they are lying. 

Message 39 of 50
latest reply

I can report the issue still persists. As I originally reported "sell similar" still a good work around, however only when you I use a very old active listing. It will now NOT work as "sell similar" off of the newly constructed one .. need to go back to the original old listing to do it.

Absolute **bleep** w/ the "tickets" .. I put in a ticket on Saturday. This is a reproducible error for many .. and their rep's not even aware of it? Perhaps a real ticket solution and not the convoluted customer service jerk around. As usual sellers are expendable.

Message 40 of 50
latest reply

@bluewater-vintage that's exactly why I asked Devon if someone could just open a site wide ticket so we move on and get this crud fixed already... causing a lot of disruptions, not just listing, but look at your PL stats and see them fall cause not listing regularly as would. 

Message 41 of 50
latest reply

I've been having the same issue over the past couple days too myself, I tried to contact Ebay today and they aren't allowing me to contact them anymore and automated help is my only option which tells me there could be technical problems and that's it.

For me i'm using the latest version of Google Chrome on Windows 11.

It makes it really hard to list stuff when it does remember what I typed very often and have to type everything in about 30 seconds or it refreshes it and goes back to what I sued to have there.

if this continues listing on Ebay may not be an option because I don't have hours to list items.

thanks

-Bill

Message 42 of 50
latest reply

This morning 1 made 2 brand new listings via "Create Listing" using my template... again, as the other day, didn't have any issues with the listing tool refreshing and whipping everything out in HTML Mode. 

However... as always with ebay, a new week (or day it seems lately) provides a glorious new glitch upon us. This one however doesn't affect anything really. In the seller hub under Listings, under "Current Price" column, you should have a link under each price that says "Research Price" - well the new glitch is, that link is missing from the listings I created this morning. devon@ebay 
IMG_5431.jpg 

Message 43 of 50
latest reply

@zaidmuhamma-24 

I'm sorry to say that another Chatbot already beat you to this thread with the same info. Please thank your chat AI language model for the input, but, I recommend you retrain your bot to look at the entire thread before posting an identical answer.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Unable-to-edit-the-HTML-section-on-listing...

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 44 of 50
latest reply

maybe it's their partner, they both have 0 listings/feedback/experience 

Message 45 of 50
latest reply