cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revisions in description box are not working.

Revisions are not showing up in the description field. (I am able to revise price)

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Revisions in description box are not working.

You can't revise if there is a bid or offer open on a listing......  Also, on auctions, I don't believe you can revise in the last 12 hrs (that time frame could be wrong)............

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

This is different.  I have only GTC listings.  Randomly, over the last 3 days, I have gone into a recent listing and added a code.  The code doesn't show up when you save the listing (though it shows up if you go back to the revise function).  This issue has apparently been notified to Ebay, but doesn't seem fixed yet.  I had at least 1 yesterday that won't show when you display your listing.  Everybody beware when you make changes to GTC listings and make sure they display when you save your listing.  This could cause a heap of problems for a seller!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@e-dazed @roslynroadshow91  - We are experiencing this too.

Added a few new items. (GTC)

Immediately realized I left something out of each listing.

Revised each listing to add 3 short lines of text.

Saved.

Looked at ads.

New text was not there.

Clicked Revise Item yet again.

New text was there in edit/revise mode...

It's like they're serving old versions of the page for the site but we see the updated version when we go to revise.

I too have only noticed this in the Description section. I am listing in eBay Motors, if it matters...

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Yes, in fact - You can look at " all revisions " history and it will show that you have revised, when in fact the revisions are NOT showing from the saved live draft.  Its hurting me because  I always try to improve my description and make it better by editing and reducing the amount of words where I can.  Not cool.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

This is happening to me too. I want to update my listings to improve them and correct parts but I can't. I've contacted ebay and they said they are looking into it but who knows how long its going to take!?

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Also happening to me this evening.  I can make a new listing and it shows up EXACTLY as first submitted. If I make a change in the listing the code and everything is fine while editing and everything is on point. I leave to make sure it looks right when I view the active listing and no changes are made.  I go back and look, it's edited properly and shows up perfectly while I'm editing.  No changes show up though when viewing the item live.  😞

Now what?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Mine seem to be fixed as of Friday morning. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I am experiencing the same. I just spoke with eBay's Technical issues rep. and he told me that there had been reports about updating the item description but not being saved. He told me to allow 24-48 hours to investigate further and resolve this, so hopefully, it gets fixed asap!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Never mind!  I looked at my listings on my iPad (Safari) this morning and the revisions were showing.  Back at my desktop this morning (Foxfire) and my revisions are NOT showing.  Please fix!

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Same problem here, starting a few days ago. Chatted with ebay Tues. evening, was told to wait 24 hours, but the problem persisted. Chatted again this AM and was told there's an internal ebay alert (ALERT13312) that addresses this issue, and that the "Technical Team" is working on resolving it. Because I had no bids on the one item where this was a problem, the agent said I could end the listing and ebay would refund the end listing fee. When I asked if this  problem would affect a new listing, the agent said give us more time to fix the issue.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I noticed this as early as Tuesday 26th evening at 11pm. Still no fix.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Yeah same here, It won't show any updated revisions in the item description area anyway. I'm on a desktop as well and I'm sure it will show if I move to a laptop, or other device. I just noticed this today, what a pain!

Just when it appears they have all their issues under control, there are always more and more that come right after.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Any updates? I am experiencing this glitch right now, and even after contacting eBay for support, the issue persists. This has happened with both drafts AND active auctions with no bids and more than 12 hours left.

I initiated a help chat, which ended with the agent filing a ticket. What's interesting is that there was no clear acknowledgment that this was eBay's fault, that other people had reported the same issue, though it was implied toward the end of our conversation. 

I went through an exercise of clearing my cache and experimenting with different browsers, and still no luck. This is upsetting; I actually had to take down my listings because I was concerned about the outdated descriptions confusing buyers and causing issues down the line. I will be seeking a refund for the 16 listings I had to remove. I paid $0.25 each, and I want my $4 back!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply