cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

This thread is dedicated to reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics. Please share details including screenshots, steps to recreate, etc. This thread is not meant to be a place for in-depth discussion of the situation, but to be a  place for you to provide us detail into what you're seeing so we can pass this on to the appropriate teams.

Please know that off-topic discussions in this thread will be moved to their own threads. 

For the most recent updates on this issue please review the Announcements Board.

Message 1 of 389
latest reply
388 REPLIES 388

Re: Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

I'm not sure if the issues in this thread are related to the item specifics issues, but there are some very concerning things going on with some strange catalog pages that have been created and pushed out to Google with wrong categories.  Coincidentally, all of the examples I have found were showing a wrong category that was in a main category which had at least one sub-category with name changes or IS changes as part of the October 15th update.

The example I provided was a particular listing for a car wax that we found catalog pages for showing in Household Cleaning Supplies,  Sports Trading Cards, and Ancient Roman Coins.  The original poster on that thread had even stranger examples where there were keywords being inserted into his title that had nothing to do with the product (Siberian Husky on an art print of a surfboard).

You can read that thread for more detail.  Like I said, I don't know if it is actually related to the IS issues, but am wondering if it's possible that something related to these changes managed to feed a bunch of garbage data out to Google for these particular types of catalog pages.

Google 3.jpgGoogle 5.jpggoogle 12.jpg

Message 361 of 389
latest reply

I can deal with the issues regarding size and color etc.  What I can't deal with is edit tool not working at all.  When I try and add a different combination to an existing listing,  I click on the "add combination" button and the fields don't line up with the proper data for input and there is no option to put in the price.  I have called customer service 4 times and they have submitted a report to technical support.  Nothing...........  I gave them three item numbers that had issues.  I am sure that I have many more.  I just haven't run into them.   In another case, the tool wont let me add a size.  I asked the customer service person if they are getting a lot of calls on this problem.  I was told that I was the first.  Hard to believe.  BTW, sometimes the tool works just fine.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Message 362 of 389
latest reply

sherrvicker-2
Adventurer

Is Anyone Else Having This Issue & If So How Are You Attempting To Fix It I Have Already Called eBay & The Customer Care Representative Redid One Of My Listings & It Has Been Up For About Two Weeks With No Views Because It Is Very Little Info On The Shoe For It To Be Found.
Create your listing
Customize

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.
It looks like your title includes extra brand names or keywords, which isn’t allowed. To continue listing your item, please edit your title to remove the unrelated brands or keywords. If you’re selling a bundle of items from multiple brands, please add the word “bundle” or “lot” to the title. If your item has a component that was made by another brand (like a Cole Haan shoe with a Nike sole), you can mention it in the description or a custom item specific, but not the title. Please also be sure that the actual brand that manufactured your item (not a product line) is in the Brand Item Specific.
For more information, please see our Search and browse policy.Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).pngScreenshot (5).png

Message 363 of 389
latest reply

There is still a big mess in the Men's Shirts categories - and this has actually been going on for almost a year.  They took Men's shirts and put them into 4 categories.  I think Casual Button Down Shirts has specifics.  But the others have the specifics but no drop down whatsoever for Size Type and the only sizes are for men's regular.

Message 364 of 389
latest reply

Okay this fixed now
Cindy
Message 365 of 389
latest reply

@extremefaith63 wrote:
Okay this fixed now

@extremefaith63 

It's a long thread.  What is fixed now?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 366 of 389
latest reply

I just got of the phone with someone from Advanced Apps for a related issue we have been dealing with.  News is that they are still working through the issues.  Unfortunately, the rep on the other end had no viability into a timeline or what level of criticality they're at.  I did appreciate the 1 month credit we received on our stores, however, it doesn't come close in covering the full 3 days and  part-time help we needed in updating our records or the continuing follow through of reporting additional programing errors.  This issue is no longer a glitch.

Message 367 of 389
latest reply

Tell me about. It just started doing it again. Thanks for letting us know what they said. I don't think most of those reps know either.
Cindy
Message 368 of 389
latest reply

Wait, what?  One month store credit?  Where did you hear that?

Message 369 of 389
latest reply

@almlg 

Morning, maybe you have to call in to complain/ask? First I heard of this, too. 

Maybe this will give everyone a general sense of where we are as of Nov 13:

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2019/11/1573672194.html

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 370 of 389
latest reply

Hi @community_team 

Thank you for fixing the bra sizing issue.  Much appreciated.

I started listing womens pajamas yesterday.  The size "L" is missing in the drop down menu.  I had to manually add it.  The problem is, when searching for womens pajama tops, the size "L" is not showing as an option, or is it showing a "not specific" option.

Can we get this fixed please?

Liz
Message 371 of 389
latest reply

ALSO,
Size 1X is missing.

Sellers cannot choose 1X as a size and when we manually type 1X, it is not showing to buyers. Not even in "not specified".

As you can see in the screenshot above, there are 170 items that match my search.  When I try and filter by size, I'm only given 91 options. 

Liz
Message 372 of 389
latest reply

I previously read this.  Thanks for posting this.  This article makes me absolutely furious!

Always a newbie!
Message 373 of 389
latest reply

Hello, my hub worked for a string of days now (all this week since the last time that I reported), but now today it has suddenly stopped working midway through the day. My sales totals are incorrect again.

Thank you for your attention.

Tia
Message 374 of 389
latest reply

I still Can't edit my unlisted items in bulk. One by one is ridiculous, all the new required items are already there.

Multi Variation listings that are active CANT be edited to add a different color or size, so the only choice is to add a whole new listing of same item for the new size or color. Ebay why cant you undo what you have messed up. Sales are way down because of this mess and you are driving buyers to other platforms

Message 375 of 389
latest reply